Grand kids gift bag ideas

merknerk

:cool: Hello Everyone !! Well it is finally coming true. My husband and I , our kids , their spouses and grandchildren are going on a family cruise in February. We are beyond excited !! I am putting together gift bags for the grandkids and need some ideas. They range in age from 14 to 3. Two grandsons ages 12 and 3 and the rest are girls. I have the bags and lawn chair clips for beach towels so far. Thought of journals but they might be so busy that they might not write in them. Would love to find fun stuff. Any ideas are welcome . Thanks a bunch !!

In addition to cruise related fun stuff, I put together a booklet for my grands with information about the ship, pictures, things they would be able to do, info about the crew, rules (since their parents were not along to help!), info about the port of call (ours was only a 4 night to Nassau, they were 6 & 8) and spaces for them to write what they liked about the cruise, etc. Since I had to take them out of school to go, it was the end of May, so they didn't miss much, but I also wanted the cruise to be educational for them. I was surprised to see my granddaughter take it upon herself to write notes while we were sitting on the beach in Nassau. She had been very observant on the walk over and wrote things down she had seen, in her own notebook. You would be surprised what kids might do if given a journal!

For the girls, hair stuff...scrunchies, head bands, barrettes, clips and jewelry...bangles, earrings

For the boys...baseball caps, cool sunglasses,

Have a wonderful time. We did a similar trip a few years ago and it was a real "memory-maker" ! :D

Door/window decorations. You can get those gel-looking things at the dollar store or Target. My granddaughters love to decorate their doors & windows. On the last cruise, I brought along

some magnetic dry erase boards that they put on the outside of their stateroom doors so they could leave each other messages when they went out. They were from the dollar store as well.

We like to give our kids stuff before the trip to get them excited about the places/things we will see. Books that show animals they will see, folk tales from that area of the world, a map with the route marked on it, puzzles, etc. Our oldest son is 9 and likes small flags (the kids on a small plastic "flagpole") and just started a "collection" this summer so we will keep that going for him. Not necessarily stuff they need to take with them on the trip, cuz I already have enough to pack. ;p

What a great time you'll have!

I recently got back from a cruise with my granddaughters - 2 and 4 - and had a great (if somewhat tiring! :D) time. Big hits for the little ones - cheap Mardi Gras type bead necklaces, those neon glow sticks, and for Bon Voyage we put up balloons. They LOVED those! They played with them most of the week .

We also got some small games they could play (like a fishing game). The other thing that was a big hit was a box of Frozen band-aids. I put a one on each girl after they "hurt" themselves. Well, they were thrilled and the hunt was on...After 2 days they finally found the box in my luggage and plastered themselves! I managed to rescue some and then doled them out each day...

Enjoy this cruise!

Think of a fun slogan (like Smith family sailaway!) & make brightly colored tshirts for everyone with the date of the cruise on it too. Wear them on embarkation day & make sure you take photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we did a Disney cruise and participated in fish extender gifts I got the kids plastic cups with fun spoons from yogurt store, and put individual packages of Oreos in them so the kids could use the soft serve machines to make a blizzard. Oh, and I also had to take one for my husband! This will be a vacation to remember...happy sailing!

Diane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sound like you have bags but drawstring sacks are great for the beach if you want to throw one in...

Our kids loved goggles for the beach and sand socks when they were little.... this trip we are throwing in ping pong [emoji971] balls because they are always out.... Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums