Coffee cards no longer good for gelato

Jadedwon

Could you please report back? I'm going on the Royal for 15 days on the 25th, and was going to order a coffee card especially for gelato.

Just off the Royal, Nov 5, 2017. Coffee card and Premier Beverage package DO NOT cover gelato at Gelato's any longer. We were disappointed but not surprised, and saved a few calories foe sure with not having the adult sundaes..

Just off the Royal, Nov 5, 2017. Coffee card and Premier Beverage package DO NOT cover gelato at Gelato's any longer. We were disappointed but not surprised, and saved a few calories foe sure with not having the adult sundaes..

We also got off the Royal on 11/5 and we talked to the employee serving gelato and he said the ship accepted the coffee card. Also, the interactive screens around the ship when showing the gelato slide indicated that coffee cards could be used. So two sources indicated that Royal still allowed the use of the coffee card for gelato.

We also got off the Royal on 11/5 and we talked to the employee serving gelato and he said the ship accepted the coffee card. Also, the interactive screens around the ship when showing the gelato slide indicated that coffee cards could be used. So two sources indicated that Royal still allowed the use of the coffee card for gelato.

Good point in mentioning said screen ad in using the coffee card!

My brother got off the Regal on 11/5, the menu showed Gelato’s took the coffee card. Gelato’s said they didn’t accept it. He showed them the online menu. Their reply? The policy has changed. He told them that they should update the menu if that’s the case. They wouldn’t budge. The coffee card WAS NOT accepted.

The gelato place appeared empty all cruise

The gelato place appeared empty all cruise

Even when they accepted the card last year it never that crowded. We use to talk to the guy serving the gelato every time we were in the area & he always had plenty of time between customers.

They'll either improve the quality of the gellato to compare to gelatto off the ship

or reinstate using the card someday.

It'll be as popular as the candy shop next door. ;)

My brother got off the Regal on 11/5, the menu showed Gelato’s took the coffee card. Gelato’s said they didn’t accept it. He showed them the online menu. Their reply? The policy has changed. He told them that they should update the menu if that’s the case. They wouldn’t budge. The coffee card WAS NOT accepted.

I would of raised a complaint with food and beverage manager, I feel that some thing would change then.

It was more than $1.50 on the Royal, can’t remember price though
The price for 3 scoops of "premium ice cream" with toppings at Gelato's was originally $2.75 when the Royal was launched but has since been raised to $3.50 on the Royal and Regal. No Gelato's on the Majestic.

The gelato on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby at the International Cafe has been $1.50 for 3 scoops. One time on the Crown there were a couple of bottles of syrup for you to add but I don't believe that is typically. You just get three scoops of gelato.