Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good luck to the cruise packers, and happy celebrating to M&M.

We are home finishing up our weekend on call. Yesterday was busy but we managed to paint the trim in the entryway, so that job is almost done. Today has been better so far. Another 14 hours to go or thereabouts...

Yucky weather yesterday, and today started off ugly too, but it's gradually cleared up over the course of the day. This afternoon was fairly pleasant. We got some outdoor weeding and planting done, and we scrubbed the deck boards on the back deck, as the mildew was looking pretty yucky. An early dinner of barbecued ribs, which I was cooking while we were scrubbing the deck. They smelled great, but I left them on too long, so they were "crispy" instead of soft and juicy. Oh well.

Next weekend is our little trip to Frankfurt! We'll see how much food and Beer/Wine/Applewine we can stuff into a weekend. Not long to wait! And no, we have not started packing at all...but that should be easy, as it's only a few days. We can do that in about 20 minutes.

Next weekend is our little trip to Frankfurt! We'll see how much food and Beer/Wine/Applewine we can stuff into a weekend. Not long to wait! And no, we have not started packing at all...but that should be easy, as it's only a few days. We can do that in about 20 minutes.

Enjoy your weekend trip to Germany. From the London/UK Daily Mail in late April, they have this headline: Frankfurt: Spend 48 hours in Germany's vibrant city amid soaring towers and medieval treasures with these highlights: The city is recreating a medieval quarter that is set to open later this year. Start your tour at the 656ft Main Tower, one of the highest viewpoints in Europe. When it comes to food, head to Fressgass - known as Frankfurt’s 'culinary mile'. Frankfurter Wurstchen, the city’s gift to the world of fast food, is everywhere. Other favourites are pork chops with sauerkraut, and grune sosse – a cream sauce flavoured with seven herbs, served with eggs or potatoes. The Sachsenhausen area, south of the River Main, is packed with pubs that serve hearty food.

Check out his full story for added ideas at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-5668593/How-spend-48-hours-Frankfurt-Germanys-vibrant-city.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

No worries here. We have long ago stopped worrying about forgetting things. Unless we are going somewhere totally off the grid (i.e., Madagascar), anything that's been forgotten can be purchased without too much bother.

The most important stuff is chargers for electronics. I have my travel backpack ready at all times, with extra chargers that never leave the backpack. So packing that stuff is as simple as tossing the laptop in the backpack and heading to the airport.

For a long weekend, I'll be able to fit my clothes in that backpack too, and Chris will use her wheeled carryon (about the size of a laptop case). Should have room to spare.

Not much thinking required - the only criterion is that we will have to bring loose clothes so they still fit after all the Wurst und Bier!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

A note from Sophia to her Cooler mates .....

WiFi a bit iffy so not sure when you’ll get this!

Luggage went right through from MAN to LIS no probs at all.

Both flights were early and excellent.

Took the HEX from 5 to 3 great little train and l managed perfectly well.

Hotel Lapa Palace is stunning and service top notch. We leave at 11 for the ship so just off to get some brekkie.

More when l can from aboard

Greetings Coolers!

Thanks for the update on Miss S J! Glad to hear that her travels to the ship went well. Hope her travels on the ship are brilliant!

Today's funny.......

e1ea66b1c64ef71689e83a3030b83d13.gif

If this is a repeat, I apologize. I may have caught the virus!

Have a great day all!

Haha, mysty.

Good to hear from Miss Sophia. We have taken the Heathrow Express a few times from the airport to Paddington. Very handy. Which reminds me, I have to buy some advance cheap tickets for September...

Going to be a rainy day here. Weather for the weekend looks fine in Frankfurt, though, so I'll take that trade any day. Off to work soon.

Hello Coolers!

Just back from wonderful, busy, stressful, days in Xalapa, Mexico, a place right out of the 1950's. The concert and recording went very well and all are happy. Life there a bit strange for us...yes, there was "mañana", but very charming.

Congratulations to Mysty and Myster for a significant anniversary! And happy sailing to Miss. Sophia; looking forward to her posts. I hope Spins is doing much better in her recovery from the nasty cold. Enjoy Frankfurt, JP and Chris, And Jeff, I truly wish I was visiting with you at your balcony...

We haven't planned a cruise since we have so many land trips ahead of us this year. We've decided we will commit to May next year "come rain and high water" as they say around here. I will start to look at what's being offered then. Any Cooler planning for May?

Do you remember when, as a kid, you could go to town with a pound in your pocket and come home with a new pair of trousers, shirt, 2 packets of bacon, milk, eggs and a bag of sweets.

CCTV's ruined all that.

Me to Mrs TTS, ''If I died would you remarry?''

Mrs TTS, ''No, I don't think so.''

Me, ''Well, if I died and you did remarry would you let him use my golf clubs?''

Mrs TTS, ''No. He's left-handed.''

JP...your enthusiasm for life and travel is contagious! :)

Cam...welcome back! Thanks for your kind wishes! So happy to hear that everything went well on your trip to Mexico.

TTS.....you are a riot! Thanks for the giggles!

This series of funnies from TTS was way more entertaining than my work email this morning!

Cam, no May 2019 plans here. We have the January trip for Chris's big birthday ending in a zero, and a circumnavigation of Iceland on Silver Cloud Expedition in August.

April or May could happen but it's a long story...

In 2013 we did the Panama canal cruise on Silver Explorer and met 3 other couples who have become our travel companions ever since. In 2019, three of the ladies are celebrating zero years and we've talked about a big trip for their joint "160th" birthday. But we can't seem to find dates that work for everyone, so Chris and I are planning her trip, and one of the others is planning her trip probably in April, and everyone else is free to come along if they can or want.

If we can't tag along with our friend in the spring, we may try to get to Ukraine. Chris's parents were born there and left in the 1940s. Chris went back once in 1993 when it was in rough shape but apparently western Ukraine is a great tourist destination now. Plus Ukrainian is her first language so we have nothing to worry about there! Maybe a combo of Ukraine and Poland.

What does SS have during that time? There is an interesting Silver Cloud Expedition from Lisbon to Amsterdam May 1st, a culinary cruise. We have done a similar route in 2010 on Silver Wind, but with fewer stops. I think we will do more land-based trips to Europe for now, and cruise to other destinations.

No, she's tied for the youngest, and a few months older than the other lady (January vs. April). Chris is only 10 months younger than I am, so the same milestone number thay I just suffered through is chasing her down as well. She hides it well. :D