Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

He's taking me shopping for mulch to put around the shrubs in the front yard. If it doesn't rain he will help me spread it. We're going to try a rubber mulch made from recycled tires. Hopefully this works out! And...he's making pizza! :) His 68th birthday is on Sunday. He wants take-out Korean fried chicken from a local place for his celebration meal.

This is the chicken dish Myster wants:

GreenOnionChicken-SMH.jpg

Rubber mulch?

Wow.

Jeff. I don't eat those molluscs but they do look lovely.

Mysty wish your DH a happy Birthday.

I must make a chocolate cake now for DS Birthday which was Wednesday.

We are supposed to have pizza party tomorrow with new oven, but we are now threatened with rain and a storm.

The season starts early.

We put in an order for a generator. We are trying to shelter in place now for old age and prepare for events. The generator contractor is already wait listed until July.

Will do Spins! Thank you!

The rubber mulch is supposed to last longer than the wood bits and is guaranteed not to fade for 10 years. I'll be happy for 5. We're going with a black mulch.

Good luck with your generator plans. That sounds like a really great idea!

Wow! Many birthdays this May...including mine tomorrow! According to a secretary (these don't exist any longer) I once had, I am a 200% Gemini...and I think she may be correct; two fully developed personalities.

I love oysters and Jeff's plate looks so inviting. Mysty, you have a wealth of funny material in some treasure chest. Thanks for making us smile.

Happy Birthday for all of us!!!

Happy Birthday Cams!

Spins - your piccies of your trip were good and hopefully a stiff dose of Guiness acted as a cure-all!

Had the joy of installing a new router for the broadband today and kitted out the edge of the house with several repeaters to improve the range. Each is called cuisine style including La Cucina, La Taverna and La Terraza! So far all working and you can now move anywhere and be connected! It has gone too well and I'm expecting tears. :D

Happy birthday to all 'May' babies. :)

Having grown up (on the water) in British Columbia, I'm not a fan of oysters... or salmon. ;p

I'm happy to report I may have found a competent builder in Vietnam (miracles do happen ;))... I'll find out on Monday. Plans for my deck/veranda cover have changed from polycarbonate with wood frame to tempered glass over wood with wood frame.

I'm also happy to report -

I was not shot by the kid with an AK47 who was manning the 'guard house' in the mountain park directly behind my apartment when I went 'exploring' on my scooter (really needed a dirt bike) to find my way up to the 'giant Jesus' (and lighthouse) at the top. The 'funny' part is I approached the guard house twice:

- first time I turned around and went the other way,

- second time was two hours later when I approached from the opposite direction (I was literally two feet from where I was two hours before, but on the 'other' side of the barrier).

'The kid' would not let me through. :rolleyes: I wasn't going to argue with an armed 18-year-old... so I 'back tracked' (approx. 10 km) to get where I wanted to go i.e. the 'other side' of the barrier. :') Fuzzy logic indeed! :D

Bill, sounds a bit unnerving!

Hello from the Delta Skyclub in JFK T4. Having a few glasses before boarding in 20 minutes or so, for Frankfurt.

It was an ugly drive there, as expected for a Friday leading into a long weekend. We allowed many extra hours of time and needed fewer than we allowed. Security lines were short (for TSA Precheck) and we were through into a crowded lounge quickly. Luckily we found seats and there were bar staff circulating around to refill our wine glasses.

Talk to you later, from the city of Apfelwein and Grünesoße! Getting hungry just thinking about it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Bill, your logic was not fuzzy at all if it kept you safe. I admire your resilience living under those conditions.

Bill, sounds a bit unnerving!

Camillis112,

What 'conditions'? I choose to live here... the weather's great (perhaps a bit too warm), the people are wonderful, things are cheap (I can afford to go on a SS cruise)... and I don't pay Canadian taxes. ;) I'll bet if I did the 'same thing' in most other countries, I would have been shot!

jpalbany,

What's truly unnerving is not driving through 'restricted' military areas, but driving on the public roads. It's Vietnam... there are no 'rules' (of the road... or otherwise). :D:D

Update from Terry, who has had his knee surgery this morning at 730 am. Was back from the OR and smiling at 11 am, seeming to enjoy the view of downtown from his hospital bed. He anticipates being home by Thursday afternoon. All went well!

Great news, Spins! Thanks for sharing!

Appreciate Spins' nice posting Wednesday and J.P.'s kind follow-up. Yes, I am now a "Bionic Man", kind of, maybe with my new left knee replacement. Got home at 3:30 pm yesterday after one night in the hospital. Slept well last night. About eight hours of sleep, except for one 2:30 am taking of pain control meds and an ice change in the cooling machine that I am using to keep the swelling down. No major pain problems. Moving well on flat areas plus up and down stairs. Doing the PT, etc. Nice sunny weather here in Central Ohio helps the recovery. Fortunately, my wife is a RN who is patient and very caring to put up with me.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 225,784 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923