Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Last night I made one of our old standbys. Pecan-crusted chicken salad.

Chicken thighs breaded with a mixture of panko and pecans, flavored with herbs and spices (a not-so-secret blend of salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, paprika, and a splash of cayenne!), then pan-fried to make them crispy before finishing in the oven. The original recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breasts but I much prefer the flavor of the thighs.

i-tw8QkSL-L.jpg

The dressing is honey, mustard, lemon juice, and green (spring) onions, as I didn't have shallots in the pantry. Good enough.

i-7zsfP5q-L.jpg

The wine was a real find. I have had Sylvaner before, but only in Germany, where it is usually a very light quaff. This was different - dark yellow, and it had a heavy, full-bodied taste. Turns out it's from Northern Italy! Love those Italian bottles of wine from the far north, with a mixture of Italian and German on the label.

i-QJPLTqT-L.jpgi-35WZd9w-L.jpg

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. I am craving pizza, and we have the ingredients, but that is a lot of work. We shall see what we are in the mood to cook once we get home.

Jeff. That plate looks yummy.

Wedding fever is here in the USA too. I am so discombobulated from this head cold that when I awoke this morning I thought I missed it. But DH pointed out its tomorrow. We can wake very early to get live coverage streaming on all devices. What will the bride be wearing? Is it true Prince Charles will walk her down the aisle?

Yes, the food plate pictures from Jeff and J.P. look very, very good. The "Wedding Fever" is BIG here in the U.S. Maybe a little too, too big??!! The media anchors and cable channels have been doing so much, over and over, on his wedding. For me, it's getting a little old and at the total "over-kill" level. There has been so much media attention on the debates about Megan's family, who walks her down the aisle, etc. BUT, I will be getting up early to tune in early Saturday/tomorrow morning.

From previous visits, we super loved Windsor Castle, St. Georges's Chapel, etc. Wonderfully historic and charming with so much character and high-class style. Below are a few of my pictures from visiting there.

Hope Spins heals quickly. On Wednesday, I will be having a little medical "procedure". It will be knee replacement surgery!! Just my left knee, not both at the same time. BUT, for those who have this surgery, you know it will require a number of weeks for physical therapy, recovery, etc. Any one at the Cooler who has had this type of re-construcion/"bionic" treatment? How did you survive? Any special tips or secrets to share?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

St. George's Chapel is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in England with many members of the Royal family buried here with the walled areas of Windsor Castle. This chapel is also the spiritual home of the Order of the Garter. For more detail, check: http://www.royal.gov.uk/theroyalresidences/windsorcastle/windsorcastle.aspx :

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

WindsorStGeorgeCath.jpg

WindsorTroops.jpg

WindsorQueenVictoriaStatue.jpg

WindsorGardensRoundTower.jpg

WindsorLongRoomWoodCeiling.jpg

Especially loved the Waterloo Room at Windsor Castle as it celebrates with large paintings of the key players involved in defeating Napoleon.:

WindsorWaterlooRm.jpg

Terry, I had my left hip replacement about 15 months ago, he cracked my pelvis, I was on toe touch only walking with a walker for 6 weeks and very slow recovery for 6 months. TSA loves to pat me down with all the metal. I doubt I would do it again, now my right knee is arthritic, plan to wait until there is no option. Others have had much better outcomes. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

JP

Food looks great.

DS gave me a pizza oven for the Weber grill with all accoutrements for mothers Day.

I have been too sick to try it but it's pretty amazing.

Terry I have seen knee replacement surgery as well as Repicci knee.

Most people do really really well.

It wont make you Pele, and not the volcano god either.

Be motivated and positive!

Thinking perhaps coolers should dress (or perhaps undress?) in appropriate attire for the upcoming wedding.

What would be considered de rigueur and within dress code protocol for the event? I will get out my fascinator.

Hi friends, I am sad today........:)

I want to wish all of you a SAFE weekend..........we had another school shooting today:(:mad:........10 killed, 9 of them students.......will it ever stop?........

Lois.

We are again facing this horrific madness of a kid shooting kids.

Why?

Spins.....wish I had an answer.......I cried today.......a lot........this is the way we live now:mad:.....but you never hear

about these shootings outside of the STATES......I was watching the news...........there have been a dozen "school shootings" just this year.......we hear about the large ones but there have been others too. I saw the

Dad of one of the Parkland victims today on tv.........the pain is still so palpable........:( that was only 3 months

ago and now this.........

Greetings Coolers! Sun is not yet up here. The Wedding coverage is on. Lots of talking heads at this point.

To acknowledge yet another school shooting south of us, no funny today.

Have a great day all and hug your loved ones!

Thank you J! I almost made the most terrible gaff! Haven't got into a day dress though. Actually still pajamas but don't tell anyone! :)

Also good of you to make that effort J! Your country will be so proud! :)

Gosh ... that Michael Curry had a lot to say! :)

Agree with Jeff. Was very impressed by this American Eishop of the Episcopal Church. He was not boring, nor stiff!! Loved the choir singing "Stand by Me". Lots of soul in this chapel of British tradition. Great music during these ceremonies. Yes, the Brits know how to put on a wonderfully excellent "show". Bride and groom getting in the open, horse-drawn carriage now. Beautiful, sunny day there in the UK. Wall Street Journal summarized well with this statement: "a wedding that melded Hollywood glitz and glamour with centuries-old royal traditions."

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 201,818 views for this posting.

Edited by TLCOhio