Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Cams,

For what it’s worth. I was musing in the garden today ... as one does enjoying a Rafael Gonzalez from Geneva and it occurred to me why bother with all this yoga and meditation stuff when you can sit quietly in a garden with a glass of something and a wonderful cigar. What could be more relaxing and stress relieving and healthier. And I also decided that I loved our garden wild and out of control as this is exactly how nature wants it. :)

I think this could be a part of Roberto’s health regime!

I hope I get to make you both a very, very long lunch in October .....

14a052496c60f4e60e9c5bc6ff01a18d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those years don't look very golden to me! Oh well. This is why we run, even though we don't like it. Trying to run away from this scenario!

And it's why we travel as much as possible now, while we can. You can never take good health for granted, nor can you count on it lasting as long as you'd like. We could save more money, but what if we're in no shape to spend it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Good Morning All ....

Lovely funny M. I know you were thinking of me.

JP - your philosophy is spot on. You must seize the day and you never really appreciate this until it is often too late!

Had a great bit of SS CS today. As you know prices are normally changed on the first of the month and they have now included Business airfares for a slightly raised cruise cost on our 2019 Croatian trip. Contacted my excellent TA and all is sorted with the flights and transfers at very little cost. All within an hour. Always worth highlight the ying of good SS CS as well as the yang of poor CS and at least I don't now have to do my flights and transfers. :D

I agree with you and Jeff, JP! Seize the day! And also take a reasonable approach to managing your health.... not sacrificing small pleasures in distant hopes of a longer life. (and yes, I was thinking of you J :)).

Good news on the air and transfers J!

Well done TTS ... I hope that won you some browny points with the boss. Just a few days left before we pack and I had the BA reminder a few minutes ago. Thankfully Whisper wasn't on the stretching list. :)

In a way I'm pleased I haven't made my own arrangements this trip. It is different set of annoyances and irritations but at least all I have to do is present myself at various points and hope that people smile and look after us. We have an early flight to Rome and it gives me a chance to have a liquid breakfast before the loveliness and challenges of FCO. :confused:

Greetings Coolers! Gearing up here for a visit from daughter and grandsons. Batten down the hatches!

Today's funny....be warned...it is a little risque......

C-old-sexual-relations.jpg

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Coolers,

Mysty, that was hilarious!! Safe travels and lots of enjoyment for Mr. & Mrs. Jeff.

Preparing now for our trip to South Padre Island, Texas, to visit with our son and family. Looking forward to the 90F weather... after such a long, cold winter in our area.

Good morning...…..well, I can now say "I SAIL NEXT MONTH":D

And seems my eyes are changing again...I wear glasses for distance but now I need to get some readers.:eek: but I guess that is pretty normal for 60. I don't want to spend a bunch of $ on a new prescription so will go looking for the kind the regular stores sell and see what I can find.

Hope everyone has a good weekend:)

Jeff, time to get the weed-whacker out! Perhaps not after the bottle of rose, but a little trim might be in order.

Yummy lunch! Might inspire me to do something similar.

Home this weekend for a change, and actually not working. So of course, we have some projects planned. Have to finish the trim in the entryway from our paint job a few weeks ago. And if the pool is warm enough, maybe a swim is in order! Other than that a few errands and starting to prepare for the Banff trip next weekend.

Last night was the annual end of the year party for the Internal Medicine residents. Always fun but each group that finishes up and leaves reminds me of how many years I've been doing this. The worst reminder was a few years ago, when I sat for the recertification board exam (every 10 years, so my second time, then 20 years out) and I ran into one of my former residents sitting for his recertification. Yikes! If he's old enough to be doing this, what does that mean for me!? But at least we were the last of the faculty to leave - at 11PM. The kids were still going strong.

It is really strange the contribution a cigar and some armagnac can make JP.

For many years I have been trying to buy some woodland close to our Hampshire home. And nothing really turned up .Ideally I wanted a woodland along The Test, so I could smoke and drink and catch some of the finest trout in the quietest of world and then cook it. I never found that woodland.

But our back garden is a fight with nature where nature always seems to win without us ever really making progess. So it turns out that our back garden is the woodland `i have been seeking as long as I forgo the actual catching of the trout. I can buy fresh trout. I wish I had thought of this earlier and it would have been an aspiration I could have felt was successfully met without the angst of time.

I sometimes wonder whether Epicurus was actually more useful to us than the teachings of many of the worlds primary religous teachers. He taught that we should take delight in the simplest of things. I know that my cigars and armagnac might not be exactly what he had in mind, but I like to think that if he was on that other seat in my secret smoking and armagnac nook that he’d say I was following his philosophy exacty and on his prescribed path.

That looks like the perfect afternoon to me Jeff. ��

Hi Dave, lovely to see you back here in the Cooler ... to be honest although it sounds sad, you have been on my mind a bit last night - I felt your pain - and I was hoping you'd come back for a drink here. When I read your stuff and saw your pics I felt you were a guy that had been working hard, had a great partner and booked a trip of a lifetime - the first break in 10 years- only to find that you had been cheated out of it. You tried to avoid the issue by seeking reassurance from SS before the trip that it would be OK and received that reassurance. You were well balanced but were then treated extremely badly. In fact I sense you were surprised at how badly you were treated. You then had to endure the obstacle course of other CC posts and I felt for you. Hence my suggestion you take some shade in the relatively safe environment of The Cooler where many of those who disagree with you (and believe me ... and me!) and they vow never to enter the Cooler.

I was pleased that you followed my suggestion and contacted Peter because within a day or so of following my advice you had a definitive position of the UK CEO without faffing around and being fobbed off for weeks and months if you had followed some of the other advice you had been offered to bob around with people in the US - who have nothing to do with the resolution of your problem but will simply mess you around. You have made a lot of progress in a couple of days.

Firstly to be fair, you need to understand that a CEO on SS doesn't always mean "a CEO as we know it Jim" They are essentially a CEO of marketing and sales operations within a defined geographic market. Both Peter and Mark are largely sales and marketing managers. The bit that messed you up is "operations" and ops do not report to country CEOs who are basically in simple terms responsible for sales and marketing. They get fired not if the light doesn't appear in your suite and you are unhappy - but if they don't meet sales targets and produce cunning long-term plans to underpin all the new capacity in those new ships.

I mean no disrespect to Peter who basically has to follow the line he has been given until someone - perhaps like you - forces a realistic resolution. I read through some of your earlier posts last night, and you need to understand how important those posts are. They are very important to you. They are important because you were not writing them "to be read by the judge" but you were writing them contemporaneously as events evolved whilst you were on the ship and shortly after. For example when confronted with your note Peter said that you were not a "guinea pig". But if you read back, those were not your words, but were the words you repeated that the Captain made to you and others on the ship. This sadly means that with the best will in the world Peter is .... well you get the right word I'm sure. The most senior SS employee on board at the time ie the SS captain has specifically described you as a guinea pig. You were then told when you asked to be moved that they couldn't move you because nowhere was available but another passengers says that was untrue. They then offered you the opportunity off giving them more profit by booking again and blocked further communications from you. They have said "we did wrong" but we will do nothing to put it right.

For reasons I won't bore you with here I have seen many, many consumer disputes over many many years but rarely have I seen one as well grounded and as badly handled as yours.

You may feel uneasy about using the court process directly so I suggest you go back through all your posts and print off those that were made at the time and take them to your friend who is a solicitor and chat it through. If you do that ensure your lawyer understands that you want his help as long as he feels confident SS will be paying his costs. I'm happy to offer any other support you think me capable of. I won't post on the other thread any more for reasons I think are clear ie I'm happy to help you if I can but will not argue with others.

Anyway ... on a different topic .. the cooler is happy to offer you a decent cocktail FOC ... with the nuts and crisps of your choice ....:) :D