Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Well said Jeff,

I Do wish I’d have had a clearer picture of what SS was really like before I booked, I wouldn’t have accepted their reassurances had I known how they operate. I’m really sorry to hear that people with upcoming cruises booked with them are feeling unsettled by what they have read. I Hope your cruises meet and exceed every expectation that you have.

I do however feel that it is important to put the information out there about what things are really like and how you will be treated by them when they get things wrong. Companies that believe that they can continue to treat people so poorly in this day and age and expect them not to share their experiences online are mistaken. Deal with people fairly and it will be reciprocated. Pro-active customer services can usually turn a negative experience into a positive one. Treat your passengers with contempt and eventually the truth will out.

I Wonder if RCI know what they are buying into?

It is such a shame that a company that could be one of the best chooses to conduct its business as one of the worst.

We specifically asked a member of senior staff on board (with the title “Director”) at the Venetian reception why a more appropriate and immediate response to the behaviour had not been forthcoming and that person shared their utter and complete, candid and pent-up frustration and told us that instructions had been received from above on the ship based on instructions from “head office” that there would be no further sanctions or interference. They would simply not interfere.

Appreciate from Jeff these extremely important "details" and specifics. Note my highlighting above. Much as I had guessed, it was the bone-headed "bean-counters" in Monaco who were so stupid and gutless with this major incident. I ran into that "mentality" at their home office during our July 2010 Norway cruise on the Silver Cloud. I detailed the situation on my live/blog for that trip. My situation then was relatively small and got resolved once I pushed the right buttons during our sailing. But, based on what top Silversea sailing officers have told me directly, dealing with Monaco is what they hate and seek to avoid. I call them as "bean-counters" in Monaco with that negative description meant for certain of them who do not understand "customer service". Nor, about the value of treating their customers in a good and reasonable manner.

Clearly, the ship's hotel director avoided doing the normal mid-cruise questionnaire to avoid getting the negative feed-back that would not be fixed per orders from Monaco.

Also, Silversea has been dumb in not having a regular person posting and sharing information on social media such as on this website. I know personally that the SS top offices monitor postings on these CC boards, but they have chosen in most all cases not to "engage" much. Not a smart strategy!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 39,794 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

In Achill in Mayo on the West Coast Of Ireland this weekend, collecting our son who was studying Irish at the Gaeltacht. Due to a foot injury he is returning early.

I will post some photos to show some incredible Coastline and stubborn sheep.

This is my first visit and I will definitely return.

Staying in Westport, so dining there tonight.

Beautiful photos Sakaara! Thanks so much for sharing them! Hope your son recovers soon! Enjoy Westport!

Thanks Mysty,

Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for the good wishes.

Minor injury to a son who seems to be very accident prone..

Last year he missed almost 6 months of school after his friend accidentally hit him on the head with a golf club. His friend was very enthusiastic to take his shot and didn’t check to see if it was safe to do so.

He got a second concussion on his first day returning to school sports a few weeks ago, hit by a rogue Gaa Ball :')

Sakaara, he would have been much safer sitting in a pub, sipping a beer! Hope he is on the mend soon. Gorgeous pictures, thanks for posting.

Ugly weather day here, lots of rain and high was barely 60F. Good incentive to stay inside; we cleaned the aquarium and did some other cleaning around the house, then did some shopping. There seems to be a break in the precipitation for a few hours now.

Simple stuff for dinner tonight. I had some Bratwurst that had been sitting in the freezer for who knows how long, and I figured we'd better use them some day. They grilled up nicely.

i-DZh6w88-L.jpg

Chris heated up some Sauerkraut and added caraway seeds.

i-N8GfGM5-L.jpg

While the Brats were grilling, I fried some potatoes, adding onions towards the end, and freshly-harvested dill from the herb garden before serving.

i-JFL3SPG-L.jpg

We ate family style. That means if I eat faster, I get more!

i-sWdWVrb-L.jpg

Yummy plate. Lots of mustard!

i-dZkvLn6-L.jpg

Time to get out and take a walk before the rain starts again. After being away from home 3 out of the last 4 weekends, it feels a little strange to be here. But we like it.

Lovely plates JP ....

I think Chris and you are ready for a Bratty and Pork Safari!

da9fc49ffe40295035eaf564f517c70a.jpeg

75ebcc44c669118d131f31e72834320a.jpeg

941ab45b29bbe19d95e8376aefeadf52.jpg

3f44226f5d2bf421fc65032e923e5180.jpg

bccdbd175d6974593b9f18a9653d5c63.jpg

bd6551d41cde39cf639b9e084bae5537.jpg

At least someone this evening knows my value ! I do love getting mail from Nigeria.

(Consultant)

Attention:Respectful Friend

With deep sense of honor and great respect, I communicate to seek your humble assistance for my client former President of South Africa His excellency Mr. Jacob Zuma who stepped down few months ago following pressure from his ANC party, he has charged me to arrange with a trusted person or company who can assist to retrieve some of his assets in South America and Europe after latest seizure of his automobiles

by Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa with the aid of top government officials working relentlessly to clamp down on anything attached to his name.

Sincerely, I took my time to survey your person and consider you trusted to assist this noble man secure and perhaps manage these assets in the form of investment in your country pending when he is free from all sorts of charges on him, I MUST advise that whatever is agreed is maintained to the latter so as to avoid staining the smooth relationship I have had with my client over the years, and knowing his kind of person it will be endangering my entire family should you not keep safe this fund when received.

I will crave your indulgence at this juncture to give me your assurance and also attach your details to enable me process all relevant documents that will back your status to this claim, it is also pertinent to state on the need for us to act fast by substituting your name with the former immediately.

Anticipating for your maturity towards this.

Mr Sami Raimi

(Consultant)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Lovely plates JP ....

I think Chris and you are ready for a Bratty and Pork Safari!

da9fc49ffe40295035eaf564f517c70a.jpeg

75ebcc44c669118d131f31e72834320a.jpeg

941ab45b29bbe19d95e8376aefeadf52.jpg

3f44226f5d2bf421fc65032e923e5180.jpg

bccdbd175d6974593b9f18a9653d5c63.jpg

bd6551d41cde39cf639b9e084bae5537.jpg

At least someone this evening knows my value ! I do love getting mail from Nigeria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmmmmm! to all those sausages and kraut and mustard.....mmmm!

OH BOY! I'm so impressed that Jeffy has all these good buds in Nigeria and South Africa .....(giggle!)

mmmmmm! to all those sausages and kraut and mustard.....mmmm!

OH BOY! I'm so impressed that Jeffy has all these good buds in Nigeria and South Africa .....(giggle!)

I am so popular in Nigeria I am constantly getting really decent offers of making bags of cash. Evidently almost every minister in Nigeria is desperate for me to be a partner in some really cast-iron deal or so. So determined are they sometimes I get the same offer several times a day to different email addresses I have. The President and I are really good buddies now. A few weeks ago I was told by him that I'm going to receive a medal and a cash award and all they needed was my bank account details and they'd make the transfer straight away. :D

Jeff and JP you do realise your food pictures are not helpful.......here am I trying to be good and stick to a diet prior to travelling and you keep tempting me!!!:eek:

It all looks amazingly delicious. JP my youngest son has got into cooking and I will show him your latest bratwurst meal as he might cook that while we are away.

Julie

Greetings Coolers!

J...those photos are very enticing! You're fishing with very seductive bait!

Saks......YUM! That meal looks amazing!

Today's funny.....

35923513_1748203941893296_6239019070700650496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFEyztNc_-usrrsSdz-JRs3dTzsJeynhfPY9-abZxAc-9M6WHUSvkvN6MxJtt7U4T0vALFeng5_B5fj5CmR2JW5aEa0ym6mIT54ZyqFP7uZrw&oh=f16f96d95278fa2e9113ae0e9a085fb0&oe=5BB20181

Have a great day all!