Enforcement of 2 bottle cabin limit

michaeljc70

Have seem both done a number of times and seen the carry on get through but because they had marked the carry on as having alcohol and the baggage was then held. It’s really a crap shoot. My self I usually bring two bottles of really nice wine for special dinners. Had friends have to do the walk of shame to security to be told it will be returned on embarkation.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Korry

I am new to Celebrity, so I am to assume that you can bring two bottles of wine for consumption in your stateroom when you board the ship.

Am I correct in assuming you carry these bottles in a separate carry bag or in your carry on luggage?

Thank you very much for any info you can give me.

I always wrap my bottles in a packing envelope to protect them and then place the bottles in a zip lock baggie. One trip we took we had packed our bottle in our tote bag that we had checked on our flight and as the tote bag decended down the luggage shoot, so did the smell. I don't know if our broken bottle of red wine got on anyone else's' bag or not but it ruined some socks in the bag with it!

However if you pack even one bottle in your luggage you may find yourself having to go to the naughty room to collect your bag:eek: (we had one bottle of wine in the checked bag and none in carryons and still ended up in the naughty room).

I put 2 bottles of wine in each checked suitcase for my 1st 10 cruises on Celebrity. So I had 4 to 6 bottle of wine on each cruise. I was never sent to a naughty room. Must be the luck of the Irish. In our 50+ cruises only one time was a wine bottle taken. It was on a RCL cruise leaving out of Harwich, England. And the bottle was in my carry on. :eek:

I don't get the fascination of bringing your own booze and drinking it in your cabin. You are on vacation for goodness sake why grudge yourself drinks at the bars on board.

For embarkation, for instance, we love to drink champagne on our balcony. Running back and forth to the bars mars the excitement, and paying insane amounts for overpriced bubbly by the bottle rankles.

You know, I had to visit the naughty room once before many many years ago. Don't care to repeat the experience, it was embarrassing. Not even sure I should go thru the trouble for one or two bottles of wine. We have the drink package, so all is well. Might buy a bottle or two from the cruise line for the cabin.....as many answers seem unclear as to what the rules of X-line are pertaining to carrying on a bottle or 2. In the luggage allowed or not? In the carry on or not? In the shopping bag from Publix? Not sure.

So thank you all for your input, we'll see what we will do....

You know, I had to visit the naughty room once before many many years ago. Don't care to repeat the experience, it was embarrassing. Not even sure I should go thru the trouble for one or two bottles of wine. We have the drink package, so all is well. Might buy a bottle or two from the cruise line for the cabin.....as many answers seem unclear as to what the rules of X-line are pertaining to carrying on a bottle or 2. In the luggage allowed or not? In the carry on or not? In the shopping bag from Publix? Not sure.

So thank you all for your input, we'll see what we will do....

Celebrity is very clear that you are allowed to bring on 2 bottles. How you get it on the ship is up to you. I believe most people buy some at the embarkation port and then put it in their carry on rather than risk putting it in checked luggage where it could break. Putting it in a checked bag may also require a visit to "the naughty room" if they want to open your bag to inspect what you brought. If it's in your carry on, you can just show it to the security people before getting on the ship (if they even ask). If you want to carry it on in its own bag, that would be ok, too.

This is from their FAQ:

If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Celebrity is very clear that you are allowed to bring on 2 bottles. How you get it on the ship is up to you. I believe most people buy some at the embarkation port and then put it in their carry on rather than risk putting it in checked luggage where it could break. Putting it in a checked bag may also require a visit to "the naughty room" if they want to open your bag to inspect what you brought. If it's in your carry on, you can just show it to the security people before getting on the ship (if they even ask). If you want to carry it on in its own bag, that would be ok, too.

This is from their FAQ:

If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Thank you very much!!:) That was the info I was needing! I agree the checked bag is not a good place to put it...the carry on idea sounds much better. I appreciate your help!

No it cheap ness. Are the bringing $100 bottles or trying to save $20?

First I'll say I brought 2 bottles onboard. Didn't try to bring on 3, or split up from my spouse to hide anything, but was well within the guidelines.

Now to spitfire13 I'll say I didn't bring something onboard to save $20 and I'm not cheap. We did just as cruisestitch suggested. We have nice wine at home and we decided to bring some with. The first bottle was a 1994 Beringer Private Reserve Cabinet we enjoyed in Murano, and the second was an 1994 Opus One Cabernet we had on my wife's birthday in Luminae. On both nights the Sommelier's were very accommodating and interested on our wine. In fact when we had dinner the day after we had the Beringer the Sommelier in Luminae asked why we hadn't brought that wine to him to pour. When we told him we were bringing an Opus the next night he was very happy and asked if he could have the bottle that evening instead of us bringing it the next day. He explained he'd like to bring it to the proper temperature and decant it prior to our arriving at dinner the next day. Just so you know, people do bring wine for various reason's and not just to be cheap, the current selling price on the secondary market for these wines are $125-175 and $250-500 per bottle respectively.