Can inside stateroom buy Go Best Package ?

peach_cruise

I already book 10days Eastern mediterranean cruise on Reflection next year(inside stateroom). Can I buy Go Best package and how much for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can always add the perks for a price, but think it would be cheaper for you to just upgrade your room type to an oceanview or balcony instead. The premium drink package is approx $75 a day pp (maybe even more) ... so if two of you are going, there is at least $1500 ... that's just for the one perk. No sense in buying the OBC or gratuities because you will come out even on those. The unlimited internet is another few hundred per couple. I know if you book an oceanview or better with one free perk (the classic beverage package would be your best value if you drink), the upgrade to the Go Best usually runs you an additional $45 pp a day ...so another $900 per couple. It may have gone up a bit since I last looked, though. So again, if you can book with an agency that give you 3 perks, or even two perks ... you'd still come out way ahead by upgrading your room.

I would have to say no based on my experience as we mostly book inside cabins. If you want to be eligible to add on the perks you must be in an ocean view category or higher.

Here is the wording taken right from their current promo:

Book an ocean view stateroom or higher and get your choice of a free perk. Book a suite and get all four perks free.

The perks are really not free though.

I would have to say no based on my experience as we mostly book inside cabins. If you want to be eligible to add on the perks you must be in an ocean view category or higher.

Here is the wording taken right from their current promo:

The perks are really not free though.

The promo is for getting these packages for free. OP is asking if he/she can pay for them separately.

I don't know the answer for sure, but my guess is that Cruise Raider is right: You can pay for these things, but chances are it would cost more than just upgrading the cabin.

The promo is for getting these packages for free. OP is asking if he/she can pay for them separately.

I don't know the answer for sure, but my guess is that Cruise Raider is right: You can pay for these things, but chances are it would cost more than just upgrading the cabin.

"go best" is an upgrade on the "go big, better, best" promo which is only available on oceanviews or higher. I don't know how they would price out an upgrade on a feature that isn't available for insides so I would lean towards the answer being no. Now, you can certainly purchase everything included in "go best" separately. But there wouldn't be any savings in doing it that way.

But to tell the truth, OP, there's hardly any savings in "go best" anyway. Assuming you get the beverage package for free with your "go big" (easily the most expensive item); it's supposed to cost an extra $45 pp pd for "go best". I've seen it offered lower, but that's the rack rate. So, on a 10 day cruise you are getting the following values pp pd; $11.80 (upgrade to premium) + $13.50 (gratuities) + $15 OBC + $22 (internet) = $62.30. So, yes, if you truly want all those items than $45 extra is a decent price. However, if you don't really want the OBC, you are getting $47.50 in value; if you don't really want internet, you are getting $45.30 in value. We chose not to upgrade. We will pay gratuities, we may or may not upgrade our beverage package. But we don't really intend to spend an extra $300 on board or purchase internet so feel that paying for what we want was a better value.

"go best" is an upgrade on the "go big, better, best" promo which is only available on oceanviews or higher. I don't know how they would price out an upgrade on a feature that isn't available for insides so I would lean towards the answer being no. Now, you can certainly purchase everything included in "go best" separately. But there wouldn't be any savings in doing it that way.

But to tell the truth, OP, there's hardly any savings in "go best" anyway. Assuming you get the beverage package for free with your "go big" (easily the most expensive item); it's supposed to cost an extra $45 pp pd for "go best". I've seen it offered lower, but that's the rack rate. So, on a 10 day cruise you are getting the following values pp pd; $11.80 (upgrade to premium) + $13.50 (gratuities) + $15 OBC + $22 (internet) = $62.30. So, yes, if you truly want all those items than $45 extra is a decent price. However, if you don't really want the OBC, you are getting $47.50 in value; if you don't really want internet, you are getting $45.30 in value. We chose not to upgrade. We will pay gratuities, we may or may not upgrade our beverage package. But we don't really intend to spend an extra $300 on board or purchase internet so feel that paying for what we want was a better value.

Well said!!

Often the price difference between an inside and outside is only about $200 or so for a 7 night cruise. We've found that just upgrading to the outside if we want the beverage package is our best move.

Unless I get a REALLY good deal, I don't buy the Go Best. I did get a really good deal on our upcoming December cruise, and got Go Best for $115 per person over the cost of just one Perk. The outside room was $200 more per person than the inside room, but we were able to get the Go Best and some added OBC when we booked. Made it even out.

Morale is: just watch the pricing.

Internet on cruises 10-13 nights is $269 pre-cruise and $299 onboard...also depends based on Captain's Club member's tier level.

Bottom Line: if at a minimum you are interested in the Classic Beverage Package, you will be better off booking an oceanview cabin if the price difference between inside and oceanview is less than $64.90 per person per day - or $649 per person for the 10 night cruise. You can then pay the difference between Big and Best if you so desire.

• 2 months later...