Which was your favorite itinerary

2onboardagain

I can't wait for our first Viking OCEAN cruise next September! We will be sailing on Viking Sea from Bergen to Montreal and we fully plan to book our next Viking Ocean Cruise while on board so I am turning to you folks that have already sailed a number of times with Viking Ocean (I am so jealous) for your opinions on which itineraries are not to be missed and would be a good follow up to our "in the wake of the vikings" cruise. Thanks in advance for your help!

We've only been on one Viking cruise but we thoroughly enjoyed their Viking Homelands cruise. It was perfect for this Swedish/Norwegian gal to get a taste of her ancestor's homelands. I wasn't familiar with Saint Petersburg, Russia and didn't think that I would enjoy it but it ended up being my second favorite port.

We checked a box or two on our bucket list with "Into the Midnight Sun." We wanted to see the Norwegian fjords and to cross the Arctic Circle. It was our first VO cruise and we loved it. We are in the process now of deciding on a Viking adventure for 2019. There are so many enticing itineraries (ocean and river) to places we have never been that we are having trouble making up our minds.

Far from an expert of any type, our very first ocean cruise was on the Viking Star, Empires of the Mediterranean (Athens to Venice). It was a great first trip , with no sea days, and a variety of ports. There was the history of Athens, the stunning beauty of Santorini (and our good fortune to be the only ship in port), and the amazing feeling of entering the city walls to step back in time in Dubrovnik. All of the ports were new to us, so it was a fabulous trip.

2015 Viking Star, Empires of the Mediterranean (Venice to Istanbul). All of this trip as stated below. Slovenia, Dubrovnik, Santorini, Ephesus and Istanbul

Especially enjoyed the Viking 3 day post extension in Istanbul before they closed it off. Stayed in Canakkale Hotel 2 nights with trips to The City of Troy and Gallipoli tour of the WWI battle fields. Crossing the Dardanelles 4 times on Turkish Ferries before returning for flight home out of Istanbul. Very well done by Viking.:D

Edited by bcorre2
add

Thank you all for all the positive replies. Sounds like whatever next cruise we select will be a great one! One other question I have for all of you who have already sailed the Viking Ocean ships is what are your favorite public spaces on board? As a newbie, I am hoping to learn from the experiences of past guests.

Thank you all for all the positive replies. Sounds like whatever next cruise we select will be a great one! One other question I have for all of you who have already sailed the Viking Ocean ships is what are your favorite public spaces on board? As a newbie, I am hoping to learn from the experiences of past guests.

Good question and well worthy of its own thread!

We haven't sailed our upcoming itinerary yet but am pretty sure the Viking Sun World Cruise will be hard for us to top! ;p Viking offers some great itineraries and we hope to become Viking regulars after this one. But then, the worst cruise we have done is still remembered as good. :cool:

We checked a box or two on our bucket list with "Into the Midnight Sun." We wanted to see the Norwegian fjords and to cross the Arctic Circle. It was our first VO cruise and we loved it. We are in the process now of deciding on a Viking adventure for 2019. There are so many enticing itineraries (ocean and river) to places we have never been that we are having trouble making up our minds.

I vote Hong to Tokyo 2019. Would be fun to meet you, You could add Tokyo to Vancouver as well. Book it as one cruise not B2B and save money. We had to cancel that part for out Grand-son's HS Graduation. The nerve of that kid :o but love him, he comes first.

Dear Travelingnonni99: Will you please explain how you book 2 cruises with different names as one cruise and save money? Aren't they simply back to back cruises and why would there be a saving assuming you book them on the same day and get one invoice/itinerary, the same cabin, etc.. Thank you

Dear Travelingnonni99: Will you please explain how you book 2 cruises with different names as one cruise and save money? Aren't they simply back to back cruises and why would there be a saving assuming you book them on the same day and get one invoice/itinerary, the same cabin, etc.. Thank you

My travel agent booked it as Far Eastern Horizons (Hong Kong to Tokyo) B2B with North Pacific Passage (Tokyo to Vancouver) she could not get the same room booking it that way. I turned the page and saw this trip booked as one trip Far East & Alaska for $1,000 less. We then got one cabin for the trip. Viking did pull a fast one and increased the Business class air by $1,000 hummm. We would book normally our own air. So read carefully these trips as Viking is not going to share that information and the TA was not careful as well. Hope this helps.