Norovirus outbreak on the Crown

CineGraphic

I suppose it might, but we were just on the Crown a week ago and the bed were very comfy! I was surprised when I heard they were being replaced!

Our bed was perfectly fine too whereas last spring when we were on the Royal Princess it was not. The room steward had to add something to the top of the bed to make it acceptable.

• 2 months later...

Since some folks love to post anecdotal information we will post ours. Far more than 1000 days on cruise ships (including some with Noro outbreaks) and never had Noro on a cruise (have had it on land). What do we do? Kind of simple. Lots of handwashing and consciously avoiding touching our face. Otherwise we have fun and do not obsess about it....as there is not much else we can do. But we have witnessed many folks in public restrooms who do not wash their hands and/or will open the door with their hands (always wash hands and use a paper towel or tissue to touch the door).

And we once learned from a CDC physician (who was on our cruise conducting training for some of the crew) that the theory is that most Noro outbreaks on ships are brought aboard by passengers who likely were exposed to the virus on planes (one of the dirtiest environments) and airports. Many folks will take all kinds of crazy precautions on a ship, but do nothing on the way to the cruise port :(.

Hank