No response from Princess, is this normal?

Ken The Kanuck

Hi,

I sent this inquiry to Princess a couple of weeks ago and was told they would get back to me in a few business days, but no response. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Ken

Question or Comment: On our recent cruise Vancouver to Vancouver on the Star Princess, I developed an allergic reaction to something which developed about a day after San Franciso. My lower lip got quite swollen and I developed itchy bumps on my inner thigh area. I am 65 years old and have never had an allergic reaction to any thing. I took some Benadryl when we got home and that helped, but Ran out of them a few days ago and the bumps have come back. My wife took a picture of my lip when I was sitting on my bed in cabin B629. If you send me a regular email address, I can send you the picture.

Desired outcome: I would like to know if anyone else has got this.

How did you submit this question--via the Contact Us page on the Princess website? I assume that based on the additional info in your other thread.

For customer service issues that apply to your specific experience with Princess it is much more appropriate to use a direct method such as e-mail or even snail mail; takes a couple weeks but I still always get a response to the latter.

But your issue is probably the nature of your question.

It is much more important to identify what you reacted to than to ask if anybody else suffered some kind of allergy as well.

I can't imagine how Princess will respond to your comments other than to say that you should have visited the medical center onboard as soon as you noticed your condition.

But the bottom line is a US corporation is never going to share medical statistics of its customers with another customer claiming to have been made ill while under the corporation's watch (beyond illnesses required to be reported to the Department of Health, such as Gastrointestinal Viruses) just because they ask. Way too much liability in even the tiniest appearance of violating patient privacy laws (you might want to google 'HIPAA violations' to familiarize yourself with the USA rules). And as I assume you never reported your condition to the medical center while onboard, you personally are not among the "health statistics" so why would Princess respond to your question in the first place?

The most likely answer to your question is that they cannot answer your question.

If it is that concerning you should go to a physician and get a diagnosis to confirm that it is an allergy or something else.

I agree that it may be hard to expect an answer, hopefully desirable, from Princess. It may be confirmed by your physician to have been an allergy, but proving to Princess that it was from food they served on your cruise may be hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses.

All I wanted to know was experienced by anyone else, especially someone who used the same cabin. I did not ask for anyone's name, etc. (private information).

I do not think that expecting a reply from Princess was out of line. Any reply would of been better than none.

Regards

Ken

All I wanted to know was experienced by anyone else, especially someone who used the same cabin. I did not ask for anyone's name, etc. (private information).

I do not think that expecting a reply from Princess was out of line. Any reply would of been better than none.

Regards

Ken

I hate to say this but how on earth would Princess be able to respond to you? There is absolutely no way of knowing what caused your allergy and, very likely, there is absolutely nothing Princess could do for you.

Would it have been nice to receive an email saying sorry? Remember, they have to look at legalities. I don't think it was right for you to address this with Princess in the first place... Allergies are funny that way. They can develop for a long time.

If you were in a hotel, would you have complained? Another thing to keep in mind is that people often look for freebies when they complain. You wouldn't believe some of the complaints I've heard.

So, in summary, no, I wouldn't expectancy answer from Princess.

If you have a medical opinion asserting that your allergy was caused by Princess' neglect, then I would file the complaint via certified mail.

Look would at from the American tendency that if anything goes wrong - you call a lawyer. Princess would think that you are a lawyer or will be hiring a lawyer to sue them.

I am not suggesting at all that this is your plan but that it what they would think.

DON

Regards

Ken

Would it really matter or change anything if someone else had the same thing?

For some odd reason, whenever my DH is on a Princess ship, he starts coughing and does so the entire cruise, he's obviously allergic to something.

We don't need to know if this happens to anyone else because it won't change what happens to him.

My wife had an experience on the ship where she thought she had contracted food poisoning.

We asked at medical if anyone else reported anything similar & they wouldn't give us an answer.

All they did is quarantine her for 24 hours.

Motto: We'll never ask them anything again.

Why did you think it was food poisoning and not a case of Noro? Both have about the same symptoms and quarantine is how Noro is handled.

Why did you think it was food poisoning and not a case of Noro? Both have about the same symptoms and quarantine is how Noro is handled.

Because all the symptoms had almost passed in less than 12 hours with no medication whatsoever. We only visited medical out of curiosity to see if others had experienced the same symptoms.

I reached out to Princess 4 weeks ago by phone regarding an on-board credit purchase I made for my wife. PayPal documented transfer of payment to Princess, however Princess denies receiving payment, even though PayPal documents show the transaction number is the Princess reservation number only Princess could have supplied.

The customer service person asked me to submit my documents and claim via the customer relations website, which I did - twice with no response. I filed a claim with PayPal who reached out via the Princess/PayPal agent. That was two weeks ago.

Princess needs to get their customer service side of the house in order, I am seeing an increasing number of customers who are speaking out about the long delays in responses to issues.

I reached out to Princess 4 weeks ago by phone regarding an on-board credit purchase I made for my wife. PayPal documented transfer of payment to Princess, however Princess denies receiving payment, even though PayPal documents show the transaction number is the Princess reservation number only Princess could have supplied.

The customer service person asked me to submit my documents and claim via the customer relations website, which I did - twice with no response. I filed a claim with PayPal who reached out via the Princess/PayPal agent. That was two weeks ago.

Princess needs to get their customer service side of the house in order, I am seeing an increasing number of customers who are speaking out about the long delays in responses to issues.

Is this what happens when you "have control of your own booking" instead of having a travel agent as the middle man to take care of issues?

Hi,

I sent this inquiry to Princess a couple of weeks ago and was told they would get back to me in a few business days, but no response. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Ken

Question or Comment: On our recent cruise Vancouver to Vancouver on the Star Princess, I developed an allergic reaction to something which developed about a day after San Franciso. My lower lip got quite swollen and I developed itchy bumps on my inner thigh area. I am 65 years old and have never had an allergic reaction to any thing. I took some Benadryl when we got home and that helped, but Ran out of them a few days ago and the bumps have come back. My wife took a picture of my lip when I was sitting on my bed in cabin B629. If you send me a regular email address, I can send you the picture.

Desired outcome: I would like to know if anyone else has got this.

Ken,

You're wasting your time. Go to your doctor if the allergy continues and have him/her treat you.

Is this what happens when you "have control of your own booking" instead of having a travel agent as the middle man to take care of issues?

The cruise was booked through our agent, but the pre-cruise purchase of OBC was via the Princess website, cruise personalizer. Luckily I paid through PayPal who will refund my money if Princess fails to respond or cannot show the money was added to our account - which they can't.