Wine and chocolate covered Strawberry's on Embarkation day

flasaltwater63

Our very first cruise with Norwegian was in 2008 on the Sky. We had a balcony cabin and I remember waiting in our room when we got there was a bottle of wine and a plate of chocolate covered strawberry's. We didn't buy anything they were just there. Do they still do that?

Currently, Platinum members get a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries (4 pieces) as embarkation welcome, plus a bottle of bubbles for almost all Latitude members ... just not a bottle of wine (that came w our dining certificate for Cagney or Le Bistro). Unless it's coming from TA's ... bottles of spring water via CAS card while playing.

4048c403d5c75388a1926200839f2404.jpg

We had probably 60 - 75+ at the Meet & Mingle last week on the BA, but no treats or goodies following, as they didn't even bothered asking for attendee's stateroom # (unlike previous times) ... aside, likely something for Richard, our organizer.

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Edited by mking8288

We didn't have a TA we booked directly though Norwegian so I know it wasn't a thank you Thank you gift or Bon Voyage gift. I'm thinking based on the comments to this thread that there won't be any goodies waiting for us this time unless we buy them ....which I'm fine with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Edited by flasaltwater63

You aren’t missing anything on the strawberries. On a cruise 2+ years ago, we received 3 plates of them on the same day and couldn’t eat half of them.

Our cruise last month was 15 days and the 4 chocolate covered strawberries we received on the first night were over ripe. We threw them out. I’d check about freshness before buying them on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there was a time, only for a few years that they offered bubbly when you entered the ship, they offered more little bits of things like the strawberries etc in your cabin, but as I said it was for a very short time. Now, latitude members do get the bubbly. Also, often a TA will send it to you. I don't think you can expect the strawberries this time.

We seen them show up before in our room with no explanation twice. One time we had won free internet minutes and went to the rewards desk and asked that they be gifted/credited to a nice couple that we met on board - she was a realtor and needed to do some work daily when they were on land - we asked that they be given those minutes incase she needed to do something while at sea on sea days. We knew their names but didn't know much else other than that. That is the only time I know for sure we got those strawberries most likely as a thank you from NCL for helping out another guest.