Cruise Docs

beachfanatic

Go to your reservation and look under before you board. If you are under 49 days from sailing they should be there. However if you have booked air with Celebrity then in our experience that delays the Edocs until about 30 days pre-cruise.

Previous poster gave good advice about timing. They are tricky to find on the new site. There are two ways to access them, but they're sort of hidden. If you are within the time frames listed previously, log in. Then click on "My Reservations", then"Manage My Reservation," then "Before you Board" then "Luggage Tags," then "Print Luggage Tags." That will take you to your E-docs which will have your luggage tags on the last few pages and you can print both. The alternative way is DON'T log in. Click on Check In on the upper right hand corner of the Celebrity home page. Manually enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date and click "Enter." That will take you to your check in page. At the top of the page is a tab "check for luggage tags." That will also take you to your e-docs.

When the edocs are ready, Celebrity always sends us an email to let us know and includes the edocs as an attachment to the email.

Possibly yours may have gone to your spam folder.

When we receive the email, we just download our edocs and save them on our own device so that we don't need to log into Celebrity, or even be online at all, if we want to look at them.

(But I confess that most times we don't get around to looking at them at all.)

Then we eventually delete them after we return from the cruise.

Edited by varoo

First time cruising with Celebrity.

My cruise is Jan 26, 2018. I have done the Check In and printed them. I think the luggage tags will be ready at the end of Nov and will print when they are ready.

What else do I have to do? What is E Docs?

Edocs are the complete T&C, cruise contract, details of your cruise, vouchers, and other miscellaneous, totaling thirty pages or more. It is not necessary to have any of it in printed form, although if there are vouchers for hotels or transfers we usually do create hard copies of those pages.

If one books through a TA the E-Docs will be sent to the TA. For those outside the USA and Canada the luggage tags are a page in the E-Docs which one can print off as many as one wants.These are normally available 49 days out from sailaway. If your TA is not used to Celebrity you may have to remind them. On line checkin is done through the website and opens 90 days out from Sailaway. Its primary use is to advise Celebrity of passport arrangements and set up ones expense account. If not completed online it will increase Checkin time by about 5 - 10 minutes no big deal

We leave on the Reflection in 44 days with our Friends who do not have a computer, I pads etc.. (Yes there are some of us who never use them..LOL)

Last cruise on another carrier I had our Friends come to our house to check in.. Our Friend's DW has a European passport & they use our e-mail to get things from our Agent..

Will I get notification from Celebrity when it's time for us all to check in, or should I have them bring their passports etc over this weekend?

Can we print up baggage tags on our computer too?

Thanks, this our first Celebrity cruise for all of us..

In short yes. Unless your friends are part and parcel of your booking and included in it they will have to complete a separate On line check in. They will need their passports to complete immigration details and also the credit card which will be used to pay their on board account. Get them to bring their booking number as you will need that to access their online booking to complete the checkin. If you have made your booking through a travel agent get the TA to send you the E-Docs which will contain your luggage tags. Better still get the TA to also print out the luggage tags for you. I would recommend at least three per person. In the interim you might like to access your "My Celebrity" on the website to ensure you have access setup when you and your friends complete the on line checkin. Hope this has been of assistance

We leave on the Reflection in 44 days with our Friends who do not have a computer, I pads etc.. (Yes there are some of us who never use them..LOL)

Last cruise on another carrier I had our Friends come to our house to check in.. Our Friend's DW has a European passport & they use our e-mail to get things from our Agent..

Will I get notification from Celebrity when it's time for us all to check in, or should I have them bring their passports etc over this weekend?

Thanks, this our first Celebrity cruise for all of us..

You can do online check in from 90 days prior to your sailing. The luggage tags and e-docs become available between 30-45 days prior depending on whether you've booked flights through Celebrity. Since you are 44 days out, I suppose yours are now available. You will not get a notice to do check in.

Since you are in the US according to your post I'm assuming your friends are also, even though one of them has a European passport. In that case, you can request that the luggage tags be mailed to each of you. You will each have to do online check in. The best way to do that is to not log in. Instead click on check in on the upper right corner of the celebrity home screen. Then manually enter reservation number, name, ship and sail date, and enter. Fill out the relevant info, and print your Xpress pass. At the top of that page you can click a tab that says check for luggage tags. Scroll to the bottom of that page and click on print luggage tags. That will take you to the E-docs, on the last pages of which are the tags you can print. You can also order them online to be mailed to you or call captains club and request that they be mailed.(I find the second option to be more reliable.) Repeat those steps above for your friends. You can also print the entire E-docs if you wish.

In short yes. Unless your friends are part and parcel of your booking and included in it they will have to complete a separate On line check in. They will need their passports to complete immigration details and also the credit card which will be used to pay their on board account. Get them to bring their booking number as you will need that to access their online booking to complete the checkin. If you have made your booking through a travel agent get the TA to send you the E-Docs which will contain your luggage tags. Better still get the TA to also print out the luggage tags for you. I would recommend at least three per person. In the interim you might like to access your "My Celebrity" on the website to ensure you have access setup when you and your friends complete the on line checkin. Hope this has been of assistance

Thank you so much..This has been a great help!

First time cruising with Celebrity.

My cruise is Jan 26, 2018. I have done the Check In and printed them. I think the luggage tags will be ready at the end of Nov and will print when they are ready.

What else do I have to do? What is E Docs?

There is no reason to waste a ton of paper to print off E Doc at all. If you want to take the time to read through it all that's fine but E Doc's have nothing to do with you boarding the ship or luggage tags. As long as you print off and sign your Xpress Pass and secure your luggage tags either printing them out or securing them from Celebrity, you're set to go.

You can do online check in from 90 days prior to your sailing. The luggage tags and e-docs become available between 30-45 days prior depending on whether you've booked flights through Celebrity. Since you are 44 days out, I suppose yours are now available. You will not get a notice to do check in.

Since you are in the US according to your post I'm assuming your friends are also, even though one of them has a European passport. In that case, you can request that the luggage tags be mailed to each of you. You will each have to do online check in. The best way to do that is to not log in. Instead click on check in on the upper right corner of the celebrity home screen. Then manually enter reservation number, name, ship and sail date, and enter. Fill out the relevant info, and print your Xpress pass. At the top of that page you can click a tab that says check for luggage tags. Scroll to the bottom of that page and click on print luggage tags. That will take you to the E-docs, on the last pages of which are the tags you can print. You can also order them online to be mailed to you or call captains club and request that they be mailed.(I find the second option to be more reliable.) Repeat those steps above for your friends. You can also print the entire E-docs if you wish.

Great this too has been a big help..

I always check my DH & Me in & then our Friends come over with their passports & I check them in when we've cruised before on HAL, but will call our Agent first to make sure that we can do it on Celebrity in the next few weeks..

Once we check in then I really get excited & start on my clothing list first & then DH's list..

This will be our first Christmas Cruise we've ever been on & also going with Friends who we've spent every Christmas Eve with in the past 25 years..My Friend usually cooks & DH & I eat, exchange gifts, drink & be Merry..I convinced my Friend this year not to cook & she too is very excited about our cruise..This will be a busy holiday because DH & I are hosting a boat parade party the Saturday before we leave..

The Kids, Grandkids, & Great Grand kids (10 of them) will get gifts from our trip this year & a couple of gift cards.. I don't have time to buy & wrap all their gifts before we see them in January.. That's OK though as DH says I buy too much for them.. LOL

Thanks again to both of you!

Edited by serendipity1499

There is no reason to waste a ton of paper to print off E Doc at all. If you want to take the time to read through it all that's fine but E Doc's have nothing to do with you boarding the ship or luggage tags. As long as you print off and sign your Xpress Pass and secure your luggage tags either printing them out or securing them from Celebrity, you're set to go.

Realize that..I'll read through them to see what changes there are from other Cruise lines just in case & then print up our Boarding Passes or asyou call it Xpress pass & luggage tags..

Thank you everyone..Headed to bed now as a big day tomorrow..:cool:

The Boarding Pass or Seapass is a plastic card the size of a credit card . It is used for all on board purchases, to open the door to your cabin and to join and leave the ship in port. The Express pass identifies your immigration status ie what passport you travel under and setting up your expense account to settle your bill at the end of the cruises\

Are you Amish? ;p

If you never use computers, or other such "newfangled" modern age devices, you probably won't see any notifications from Celebrity.

If your friends don't want to check in online, they can wait to check in with the agents when they get to the port.

It just takes a little longer to do it that way, but it is no big deal.

You certainly can if you like, but it is totally unnecessary, and we never do that. Neither do any of our travel companions.

There is no need for concern about baggage tags in advance at all because there is always a plentiful supply of them provided at the port.

We just tag our bags when we get there and are ready to check them in.

Sometimes we pick up the tags and tag our bags ourselves. It only takes a few seconds for each bag.

Other times the porters beat us to it and start tagging our bags for us.

We like that they provide the type of tags that have the sticky backing, so you don't need to bother with luggage tag holders, or taping or stapling.

If you live in the USA or Canada, yet another option is to have pre-printed luggage tags mailed to you. Those also have the sticky adhesive backing.

They may be ordered online, or you may call by telephone to request them.

Or if you use a travel agent, just have your travel agent do it for you.

Many times Celebrity sends us luggage tags in advance anyway, without our requesting them.

Thanks, this our first Celebrity cruise for all of us.

Celebrity provides a more relaxing, laid back ambience, without the amusement park type bells and whistles that you get on some of the other cruise lines.

But that is why we like it.

As they say, different strokes.......

Most of their staff and crew are top-notch and act as though they are genuinely happy to have you on board, regardless of whether you book an inside cabin, or a top level suite, or anything in between.

We hope that all of you have a wonderful time and enjoy Celebrity as much as we do.

Edited by varoo

Beanb41 equated the boarding pass and SeaPass but that isn't correct. celebrity calls its boarding pass the XPress pass, currently a sheet of paper you sign to authorize your credit card and acknowlege that you agree to the terms of the Cruise contract. Once signed, the terminal's check in staff take it from you.

The SeaPass is a plastic, wallet-sized card you usu to gainaccess to your stateroom, to charge purchases to your atateroom, and to check on and off the ship. It is sensitive to magnets and phones, so don't keep it in the same pocket with items that might erase it. However should that happen, go to Guest Relations on the ship for a replacement.

Are you Amish? ;p

If you never use computers, or other such "newfangled" modern age devices, you probably won't see any notifications from Celebrity.

If your friends don't want to check in online, they can wait to check in with the agents when they get to the port.

It just takes a little longer to do it that way, but it is no big deal.

You certainly can if you like, but it is totally unnecessary, and we never do that. Neither do any of our travel companions.

There is no need for concern about baggage tags in advance at all because there is always a plentiful supply of them provided at the port.

We just tag our bags when we get there and are ready to check them in.

Sometimes we pick up the tags and tag our bags ourselves. It only takes a few seconds for each bag.

Other times the porters beat us to it and start tagging our bags for us.

We like that they provide the type of tags that have the sticky backing, so you don't need to bother with luggage tag holders, or taping or stapling.

If you live in the USA or Canada, yet another option is to have pre-printed luggage tags mailed to you. Those also have the sticky adhesive backing.

They may be ordered online, or you may call by telephone to request them.

Or if you use a travel agent, just have your travel agent do it for you.

Many times Celebrity sends us luggage tags in advance anyway, without our requesting them.

Celebrity provides a more relaxing, laid back ambience, without the amusement park type bells and whistles that you get on some of the other cruise lines.

But that is why we like it.

As they say, different strokes.......

Most of their staff and crew are top-notch and act as though they are genuinely happy to have you on board, regardless of whether you book an inside cabin, or a top level suite, or anything in between.

We hope that all of you have a wonderful time and enjoy Celebrity as much as we do.

Your Post is quite confusing to me..Why in the world would you ask if someone is Amish?

I never said I do not use computers, I said my Friends do not have a computer & don't want one..They are using our e-mail to get things from our Travel Agent..

All I wanted to know is would Celebrity notify me when it's time to check in on line? HAL automatically sends me an e-mail when they are ready for us to check in on-line, even though we use a Travel Agent..I always print up the boarding passes & baggage tags for the four of us..

We certainly do not want to wait to get to the port, as it's been my experience that the lines have been unusually long on all of our HAL cruises..Also my Friends DH e can't stand that long & needs a wheel-chair for boarding..I told her to notify Celebrity in advance, so the wheelchair will be there when we arrive at the port..I want check-in to be as fast as possible for our Friends & my DH..

We also expect that our Celebrity Cruise will be just as laid back as all of our HAL cruises have been without any bells & whistles..LOL I'm looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise..

BTW we all are retired Airline employees who love to cruise! It's great that we can go as long as we want, and not have to standby.. Our Friends will not cruise for more than 14 days & refused to accompany us on our longest cruise on Hal's Prinsendam to South America & Antarctica a couple of years ago..We loved it but were happy when we got home..Believe it or not we missed our kids, grandkids & dog..LOL

Thanks for your suggestions..

Edited by serendipity1499