Worth Getting off for 1 hour in Nassau?

I agree! Nassau is actually my favorite port. So much to do. Outstanding beaches, island getaways, excursions, etc. We have never been disappointed in Nassau.

Its a major tourist destination for a reason. And it's a shame its become "cool" on CC to bash the place.

I agree. I am glad that I have my own experiences in Nassau to use to form my opinions as reading these boards would make me think the place is a pit.

I agree. I am glad that I have my own experiences in Nassau to use to form my opinions as reading these boards would make me think the place is a pit.

Totally agree....I would rather go to Nassau than Labadee (commercial theme park

of the Sea ;)) any day. :cool:

One hour, take the jitney to the daiquiri shack, get a delicious drink made with fresh fruit, walk on the public area of Cable beach (beautiful), grab another drink and jitney or taxi back to the ship.

And then stand in that long line at security full of everyone trying to get back on the ship at the last minute? Not for me. :o

Normally I would find something to do in that hour, we always find something interesting to do in Nassau.

Problem will be anyone that does get off for that brief time will ALL be trying to get back on the ship at the end of the hour. I don't even want to think of the back up standing in line on that one!! :eek::o:o

At least the ship won’t leave without you. [emoji33][emoji56]

That's a shame...but to each their own. :o

We always find something new and interesting to do during our stay in

Nassau. Been there more times than I can count, and love going there each time.

Just have to think outside the box. It's not all straw market, Atlantis (never been there, don't care to go) and Senor Frogs. ;)

Sandy Toes, Rose Island, is one of my favorite excursions ever.

And then stand in that long line at security full of everyone trying to get back on the ship at the last minute? Not for me. :o

The reason the OP only has an hour is because they have a gap in between a wedding ceremony and reception. They will be getting back on at a time when most who got off will still be off, they’ll walk right on.

At least the ship won’t leave without you. [emoji33][emoji56]

I am talking about that long security line inside the port terminal before they let you onto the pier. Not the line waiting at the ship.

In that case...unless you are on an RCI tour....you betcha they can, and will leave you behind if you are no where to be seen. Have seen it happen many times. :eek:

Sandy Toes, Rose Island, is one of my favorite excursions ever.

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Haven't tried that one yet. Another one to add

to our ever growing list of adventures there. :)

Everything we have done, actually are things we do on our own. We are a bit create at the ports. ;)

The reason the OP only has an hour is because they have a gap in between a wedding ceremony and reception. They will be getting back on at a time when most who got off will still be off, they’ll walk right on.

Ahh...that is good! Would hate to see the wedding party spend an extended

honeymoon on the island. ;)

I am talking about that long security line inside the port terminal before they let you onto the pier. Not the line waiting at the ship.

In that case...unless you are on an RCI tour....you betcha they can, and will leave you behind if you are no where to be seen. Have seen it happen many times. :eek:

Oh I see. Thought you meant to get on the ship.

Been cruising for 27 years very well aware that you can be left behind.

Oh I see. Thought you meant to get on the ship.

Been cruising for 27 years very well aware that you can be left behind.

Captain Johnny, when we sailed with him on the Freedom, always used to announce "Be sure to take your camera with you, because if you are late getting back to the ship, you will have a memorable picture of the aft end of Freedom as she sails away without you!" :o:eek:

Captain Johnny, when we sailed with him on the Freedom, always used to announce "Be sure to take your camera with you, because if you are late getting back to the ship, you will have a memorable picture of the aft end of Freedom as she sails away without you!" :o:eek:

I didn't know Johnny went to Freedom. For some reason I thought he stayed with Mariner until he moved to Allure.

I didn't know Johnny went to Freedom. For some reason I thought he stayed with Mariner until he moved to Allure.

Gosh no, he was captain on the Freedom when Freedom came to PC. We all adored him! So funny seeing him ride around on his "motorcycle". :cool:

Miss him and the Freedom...but happy to see Mariner coming back home to PC! :hearteyes: Mariner was our very first RCI cruise. Looking forward to booking with her again!

We also loved the "toot fest" Captain Johnny always did on the ship's horns with the neighboring ships before we left port. The best one was with the Disney ship. So funny! :D

Gosh no, he was captain on the Freedom when Freedom came to PC. We all adored him! So funny seeing him ride around on his "motorcycle". :cool:

Miss him and the Freedom...but happy to see Mariner coming back home to PC! :hearteyes: Mariner was our very first RCI cruise. Looking forward to booking with her again!

We also loved the "toot fest" Captain Johnny always did on the ship's horns with the neighboring ships before we left port. The best one was with the Disney ship. So funny! :D

Going on Allure next September. Would be nice if Captain Johnny moved to her. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that is half the reason I cruise. I love the horn battles!

We don't hear them that much any longer...I miss them. One of the best recently was in St. Maarten. Great horn symphony between ships!

Dang. Cruising many years and have not heard one yet. Think I’ll send a request to the Captain on our next cruise for a horn symphony.

We don't hear them that much any longer...I miss them. One of the best recently was in St. Maarten. Great horn symphony between ships!

No, they, unfortunately, seem to not be a frequent. The best we ever had was one time on Adventure. We were dock in St. Maarten with the Ocean Village. They were having a MAJOR sail-a-way party out on deck and we all became one great big party between the two ships. All of a sudden the two captains start having this huge, and long, horn battle. I was in my glory. That cruise was a long time ago and I remember it to this day all thinks to two captains and a bunch of Brits who invited us to a party!:):):):)

No, they, unfortunately, seem to not be a frequent. The best we ever had was one time on Adventure. We were dock in St. Maarten with the Ocean Village. They were having a MAJOR sail-a-way party out on deck and we all became one great big party between the two ships. All of a sudden the two captains start having this huge, and long, horn battle. I was in my glory. That cruise was a long time ago and I remember it to this day all thinks to two captains and a bunch of Brits who invited us to a party!:):):):)

Wow...I bet that was indeed fun! :D

Yup, that was the last place we heard an epic horn symphony between mulitiple ships also...was at St. Maarten.