Worth Getting off for 1 hour in Nassau?

Although you won't have enough time for a brewery tour, Pirates Republic Brewery is right near the pier (near the Harley store if I remember correctly) and had delicious beer, wifi, etc. The tour itself was great. If I don't go to the beach further away, this is the only stop I'll make in Nassau.

Thank you!

We are there from 8-5 but it's my wedding. We were suppose to be on Majesty which docked from 12-12 So would have had the day to explore with a late ceremony and reception. Then they put majesty into dry dock and switched us all to enchantment which only had 1 time still available for the reception. So now it's a morning wedding, and afternoon reception which ends at 3. All aboard is 4:30:mad:

Well, if the activity of the day is a wedding, I would call the day well-filled and leave it at that!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mariner is finally heading home. Our first cruise on Mariner was from Port Canaveral many years ago.

I will look forward to trying out another Voyager class when she comes to the PC.

To the OP, Factor in how many ships are in port. Coming back through security can take a long time when there are 3 or more ships in Nassau.

I will look forward to trying out another Voyager class when she comes to the PC.

To the OP, Factor in how many ships are in port. Coming back through security can take a long time when there are 3 or more ships in Nassau.

Are there ever less than 3 ;p

dp

Last time I went to Pirate Republic, My MIL decided she wanted to follow along and try a few of their beers. My "Drinking buddy" and I already had plans to try the heavier duty IPAs and Porters. Well, my MIL did not get very far into hers so I ended up finishing pretty much all of her 2 beers. The Bartender also offered up a few smaller samples of their other beers. After getting back to the ship we decided to hang out on the pool deck and grab a few blender cocktails. Needless to say, we were pretty pickled before dinner even started ;p and we were at the early seating.

My MIL trying one of her beers again. She did not like it any better the second time

jV8EtgAdip3daHgQ7-_Ft1jtDf7FU9VDgxI563qx_aS90UTtS-Hb2h979rfYRQ7WEAa1Hl5sAQChlD_GtnlV7R3wVG-vqxLkQxj0PebZjqPqGkuRC-6FnbAxv3BjS8vBXXfZpx05WCdwM1QexPr-sMuSgJ-7CWANvYVvVx74j-APmIvOsMWAcHiOnenDOGR12Qx4PZkuIRgfvB3Q7h5WHjGj7Nng5F5eo-1XDyL61pLzZycBT4TGrZ7icjGt4HgfPDu-EFTV5TGdwEzmcqfrZPQACZluD5mAXVAtnNZv_xcX1vdUTRRHtP6Hy7kFQGI43urBUqkkBMeVsNLXiHplYgbAevN6T3vXwSwSnuLpF6opwgOvTlFijUcQ6eKRTOl254f81I8yiCFC7TfkW2ZVyfx-39r5vlYmS8DLn2PCyJ7Hvvj5bLBzGQOp_5Mv5SFqaSVsfgnCvLFwnv3S_ZqZgifAEDKZRDZR1tPqe1FqY2dIbA_0C2PSan3slcKP2Eee_xIGJfLx2qpduPj3CJxIVwoF3oPQOy8L-x9bWVLbK1k3vrxr5Qzn9vtldBcYbM-vmOUE8QfoJyX_HBEIMs1gdVyTQEeUH-BCAzrHKIHn6A=w1229-h691-no

Me and my Drinking buddy

HNvuHjwJIUjtd1fGsgupKSvgJIek1eIE8TwJX8m5JXV0v84d8S4omkvCVQfaEFLNX8fOEcDlw8k6_iB4HEeT3zNfLPYDqXheBdYGhopZRJUq2uqmQCEUOE8nRE2-OLExhMlIXH5PsAjXrs3lR3GP6xO55ZP7dWI3jFAhBtG7SRj97VCwqUehks5Y6D5VtllthL0-6107Cefe-urPHWvf_D2EHGzWqGXuKiPMHMCG7DFP2gOB9tt3r8YpMPLPbmFCfs05IjIWPdeBz2AZ7W8VQYej2XlDjl2dOgnTZbUTfM1KSN1j0YN7nzk1R3I5eGixYteoNGy2KKeLTaLQRShEZwe3AZKfcDVta-RyZc_3SlYo9ZZEfhDhbFRVeTh2h7XNj2g0fXV3jKFogDcOD9ut6zmJ8iSQlj7omrJClkb12V0vk0M4NYLldNu-NtHtuEk-vRYgUC0zsLdOpcYtoc9TyY-yZwTZZLVim5zgRhsbOjSnItJ7TOc8JWsagqNYamDUEd-v5IiVIfGXYlTrGI1qyj3RJezXD5mXWb_dox3ia9SWrZF8esq6_NDXTGzJ2LsgXKSO4zaFjOfBQRZHRGlXguDysCBN3jLNJVqs-FH5bA=w1229-h691-nodp

EDIT: Notice the GARRISON Tee shirt I'm wearing. That is the brewery on the Pier in Halifax, for those that have been...

An IPA is an adventurous way to start when you're not a real beer drinker. I've seen that face on many people at the brewery, myself included (it took me 4 years to be able to drink those). Poor thing, haha!

Well, if the activity of the day is a wedding, I would call the day well-filled and leave it at that!!!!!!!

Agreed. No need to stress about also trying to visit the port, although I'm surprised anyone would schedule a wedding ceremony on a port day instead of a sea day, regardless of how long the ship was supposed to be there. As a guest I'd be annoyed by this.

We are there from 8-5 but it's my wedding. We were suppose to be on Majesty which docked from 12-12 So would have had the day to explore with a late ceremony and reception. Then they put majesty into dry dock and switched us all to enchantment which only had 1 time still available for the reception. So now it's a morning wedding, and afternoon reception which ends at 3. All aboard is 4:30:mad:

OOOOHHHH...You will have a crazy day anyway. Probably would not be worth the hassle. Unless you want to hit Senor Frogs in your wedding attire!!!;p

Are you saying the wedding and reception are all on the ship? the reception is on the ship while it is in port? I thought from previous posts it was a beach wedding?

An IPA is an adventurous way to start when you're not a real beer drinker. I've seen that face on many people at the brewery, myself included (it took me 4 years to be able to drink those). Poor thing, haha!

Agreed. Notice my DW next to her is much more "Acclimated" to my beer types now. It took a while but now I'm not so sure it was such a good idea. My beer disappears much faster now ;)

After you get a taste for real beer, the 3% bud light made with white rice and corn just doesn't quite do it for me anymorehide.gif... unless it is sweltering hot and I'm mowing the lawn or something... it's still better than water ;)

dp

The last 2 times I was on Majesty she was the only ship, that made things pretty easy getting in and out.

I was sure it happens, it just seem to me that it is a very busy port. Glad you had a more relaxing port call. I was on Anthem last march along with 5 other ships. NCL Breakaway, Disney Dream, Majesty and an old Carnival. And a smaller cruise ship was nestled in there somewhere... A Costa or something similar.

dp

Agree, often the best part of the party is the after-party-party and can’t think of many better venues to have one than where you’ll already be!

Mariner is finally heading home. Our first cruise on Mariner was from Port Canaveral many years ago.

Our first RCI cruise was on Mariner for my "half century" birthday celebration. Nice indeed to see Mariner coming back home to where she first started. She is the only ship RCI has ever sent us that was brand new.

Very happy to see her come back!! :hearteyes:

Dont be offended if some of your guest leave for Nassau after the morning wedding.

Lets say your wedding starts at 10am. It will be over by 11am. Your guest will have to wait until probably 1pm for your 2 hour reception. So from 11 to 1 they're twiddling their thumbs.

Yep I would leave the gift and head for Nassau at 11am.

Anyway you can change the reception to just cake and a toast right after wedding ceromony? You will save $$$ and everyone will have time to visit Nassau.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Agreed. No need to stress about also trying to visit the port, although I'm surprised anyone would schedule a wedding ceremony on a port day instead of a sea day, regardless of how long the ship was supposed to be there. As a guest I'd be annoyed by this.

Then you wouldn't have to go lol :') All my guests know I've always wanted a destination beach wedding. We just decided to get there by ship instead of plane so it could be like a 3 day party. (I also choose a more affordable weekend trip so there are no sea days.)

Congrats!

Go to the cabin and celebrate your nuptials :-)

IMO, it's not worth getting off in Nassau no matter how much time you have in port.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

That's a shame...but to each their own. :o

We always find something new and interesting to do during our stay in

Nassau. Been there more times than I can count, and love going there each time.

Just have to think outside the box. It's not all straw market, Atlantis (never been there, don't care to go) and Senor Frogs. ;)

That's a shame...but to each their own. :o

We always find something new and interesting to do during our stay in

Nassau. Been there more times than I can count, and love going there each time.

Just have to think outside the box. It's not all straw market, Atlantis (never been there, don't care to go) and Senor Frogs. ;)

I agree! Nassau is actually my favorite port. So much to do. Outstanding beaches, island getaways, excursions, etc. We have never been disappointed in Nassau.

Its a major tourist destination for a reason. And it's a shame its become "cool" on CC to bash the place.