Norovirus on Anthem - admin?

Why does it matter how many were affected? Just because someone had GI issues doesn't mean they had noro. Sorry you got sick but does it matter how many others had it? Sound to me from what I've read it was handled as well as it could be.

It matters when the 800 # for RC costumer service is denying there was even an issue. Not my photo but this is what I saw 511a347b9d586624fd296a13ec3fd183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps there weren't enough cases to be reported. At any rate, noro doesn't come from the ship, but from the people ON the ship. It's not a cruise line's fault if passengers board with the virus in their system....you can have it BEFORE you show symptoms! That's why this is such a contagious virus.

It matters when the 800 # for RC costumer service is denying there was even an issue. Not my photo but this is what I saw 511a347b9d586624fd296a13ec3fd183.jpg

Why does it matter if customer service knows if there was a problem or not? Let me guess you want to demand some sort of refund.

Were you sick? Was your family sick? It's not the cruise lines fault someone got onboard who was ill (the person may not have even realized they were until they were onboard).

Or are you going to complain your cruise was impacted because of all the restrictions? That was done to prevent it from getting worse.

For a frame of reference if you went to an all inclusive in Mexico for a week and spend half your week in the bathroom cause you got a bug, they aren't going to refund you any money.

For your information I am sick today and no I am not after a refund or even partial refund. I just want them to admit there was an issue and give me an idea how bad it was.

The ship itself admitted there was a problem while you were on it. Why do you care what customer service says? And why do you care how many people got sick? Bragging rights?

Knowing the number of people who were sick won't make you feel better

The ship itself admitted there was a problem while you were on it. Why do you care what customer service says? And why do you care how many people got sick? Bragging rights?

You are not worth arguing with but a letter stating a few cases to hazmat suits is a big difference.

I agree with this. Odds are they have policies in place that this is information that CAN'T be shared and WON'T be shared. If it was something you needed to be informed of you would have been told. Legally I doubt they have to tell you more than they have. You say you aren't looking for compensation the let it go. If you are looking for compensation odds are you aren't going to get it. People cause Noro not the ship. They did what the were required to do to try to contain it. Trust me the cruise lines don't want people to get sick. You can thank your fellow passengers who didn't wash their hands for that

I agree with you. I was on the same cruise Nov 4th Anthem.

No problems with us luckily, but what was I going to do, stop dining or stay in my room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Funny!

Did you see the family on our local news, channel 6, who was on the cruise, and it ruined their whole cruise. I understand their disappointment, but was it really necessary to go to channel 6?

Idiots probably feel they should get a free cruise or something. OP should be happy they didn't get sick until they got home.

Which does not help matters either. They don't want to be quarantined so they don't report it. Not a smart move

I’ve had Noro. Trust me, if you have it, you’re not leaving your cabin unless there’s an abandon ship call! They don’t have to quarantine you. The people they have to worry about are the others in the cabin who are not sick, but could be carriers.

I had it along with what seemed like half the ship on Voyager a number of years back. Luckily it was the last sea day around dinner time that I got sick. My sister never got it. I think some people just have an immunity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Idiots probably feel they should get a free cruise or something. OP should be happy they didn't get sick until they got home.

How did it ruin their entire cruise if nobody was sick until they got home?? You can also pick up viruses on planes, so basically anywhere you travel, work or go to school, there's a risk. Wash your hands, folks!

I was on the 11/4 sailing on Anthem and there was on outbreak of Norovirus and RC refused to tell me the number of cases. Is there any way to research it to get the truth not just hearsay?

Every ship (not just cruise ships) must make a Public Health report to the CDC within 24 hours of entering the first US port from foreign. This report must be made, even if it just to say "none" for cases of GI illness. For a cruise ship, if the number of cases reported onboard reaches 2% of passengers or crew, a further report must be sent to the CDC at that time. Neither of these reports are public information. If the number of cases reaches 3% of passengers or crew, then the ship must make a further report, and this is what is posted on the CDC website as an "outbreak update". Why these became public knowledge is beyond me, but I suspect it was someone with a FOI request. Why cruise ship outbreaks are published and not college dorms, nursing homes or schools is what gets me.

So, unless there were 125-147 passengers, or 45 crew ill (that is total for the cruise, not all at once), you will never know how many were actually ill.

As far as the hazmat suit, that person is fogging with Virkon, a known effective agent against noro, and it has persistance on hard and soft surfaces when fogged on like this. Many times, the ships will start fogging at night when there are a few cases (5-10) crop up in a day, as a preventative measure to keep the virus from spreading.

I cannot remember a single cruise in my years on the ships where we didn't have at least one case of GI illness reported.

I had it along with what seemed like half the ship on Voyager a number of years back. Luckily it was the last sea day around dinner time that I got sick. My sister never got it. I think some people just have an immunity.

Nope... some people just do a better job of washing their hands when needed.