Honeymoon cruise

FSU Girl

Hi everyone, I'm trying to plan a honeymoon cruise for summer 2019. I want to do a Baltic cruise, but I'm not sure what cruise line to sail on. My last couple cruises have been on Disney. I have sailed Princess before, but the last time was 2007 when I was 18, so I've never experienced them as an adult.

Has anyone done a Baltic cruise on Princess before? Did you enjoy it? How was the entertainment and cruise sponsored excursions?

They don't have their itineraries out yet so it's a bit of guess work right now. When do they typically release their summer schedules?

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated :)

We did the Baltic cruise on the Regal in May last year. It was port intensive. We did the shore excursion in St. Petersburg with a private tour agency. 0n some, we did it on our own. We have always enjoyed the Regal Princess with the number of dining venues, including an expanded buffet area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the Sapphire is doing the odd sailing to the Baltic in 2019 , she will homeport in Southampton.

Thank you for this information. It looks like this ship has been around since 2004, but refurbished in 2012. Is the ship showing her age? Having a nice cruise ship is important since there will be sea days

We did the Baltic cruise on the Regal in May last year. It was port intensive. We did the shore excursion in St. Petersburg with a private tour agency. 0n some, we did it on our own. We have always enjoyed the Regal Princess with the number of dining venues, including an expanded buffet area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That ship does look nice. I figure it will be pretty port intense, but I'm hoping a few sea days in between will make it feel more relaxed

We did a Baltic cruise this past September aboard the Pacific Princess. We did enjoy it very much. The only drawback was the cold and rainy weather but that can happen anywhere, anytime. In St. Petersburg we did a private 2 day tour with Alla which was wonderful. It covers many of the same places as the Princess tours but is much cheaper. Most of the other cities we set out on our own and didn't use Princess tours. I will say we usually use Princess tours and they meet our expectations. The trip is very port intensive and the ship is the smallest in the Princess fleet. Entertainment was fine but there is no "theater" on the ship. The bigger ships have more entertainment venues. Nevertheless we had a couple of production shows, vocalists, and comedians - all very good. Wish we had a couple more sea days in between the ports - our only "complaint". We love Princess as you can see from our signature. The staff is wonderful and we enjoy the food. We can always find something to enjoy, eat, drink, or do! Basically, it's a great trip but on your honeymoon you need to decide if you want to be busy everyday or have a few days to relax - all up to you!

We did a Baltic cruise this past September aboard the Pacific Princess. We did enjoy it very much. The only drawback was the cold and rainy weather but that can happen anywhere, anytime. In St. Petersburg we did a private 2 day tour with Alla which was wonderful. It covers many of the same places as the Princess tours but is much cheaper. Most of the other cities we set out on our own and didn't use Princess tours. I will say we usually use Princess tours and they meet our expectations. The trip is very port intensive and the ship is the smallest in the Princess fleet. Entertainment was fine but there is no "theater" on the ship. The bigger ships have more entertainment venues. Nevertheless we had a couple of production shows, vocalists, and comedians - all very good. Wish we had a couple more sea days in between the ports - our only "complaint". We love Princess as you can see from our signature. The staff is wonderful and we enjoy the food. We can always find something to enjoy, eat, drink, or do! Basically, it's a great trip but on your honeymoon you need to decide if you want to be busy everyday or have a few days to relax - all up to you!

How long was your cruise? I was thinking a 12 night cruise would have enough sea days to make it more relaxing?

I think I saw Royal going to the Baltic in 2018, that is one of the bigger ships. I would probably want to go on a larger ship that has more options

A Baltic cruise is port intensive. Princess has offered a few different home ports, RT Southampton and also the 11 day RT Copenhagen. On the Copenhagen cruise Princess has offered boarding in Copenhagen or Warnemunde (3 hours from Berlin). They also offer boarding in St. Pete., but this would has difficult visa and logistical issues. I don't recommend it. I think the schedules will be out in December. Once booked suggest you join the roll call. At many ports, like St. Petersburgh, Warnemunde, Tallinn tours with private tour companies such as SPB tours or ALLA are less expensive, smaller in size and better overall. Expect an older 50+ crowd. Most passengers will be tired from the touring and will be in their cabins 11/midnight. Expect you will also fit in and be accepted in the crowd. No matter which cruise you select plan on arriving at the port of departure at least one day early.

Each evening there will be shows and other live musical entertainment around the ship. If you select Princess and a cruise that stops in St. Perersburgh don't miss the evening Russian folk show in the theater. It was really good.

If you book Princess once booked watch for promos. You may be able to get a better fare and benefits.

Congratulations and Good Luck!! Here’s a kiss for the bride :kiss-mark:...:):)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Oh, aren't you sweet today. How's about blowing me a kiss for our win today? Man, it was an ugly first half and they woke up in time to get the W. Now, it's over to your team for tonight. Good luck.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to plan a honeymoon cruise for summer 2019. I want to do a Baltic cruise, but I'm not sure what cruise line to sail on. My last couple cruises have been on Disney. I hav..................

They don't have their itineraries out yet so it's a bit of guess work right now. When do they typically release their summer schedules?

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated :)

Take a look at the summer 2018 offerings and you will have a very good idea of what to expect in 2019. A ship or two may be different, but expect the same excursions as this is a Princess "regular". And how could you not take the "Love Boat" for a honeymoon?

BTW - I very much want to do this cruise as well, including the overnight in St Petersburg.

How long was your cruise? I was thinking a 12 night cruise would have enough sea days to make it more relaxing?

I think I saw Royal going to the Baltic in 2018, that is one of the bigger ships. I would probably want to go on a larger ship that has more options

Our trip was two weeks round trip out of Dover. We had several sea days but did 7 days in port consecutively. We had 2 days in St. Petersburg and 2 in Stockholm along with 3 other cities. Just look at the port schedule and sea days and decide. Princess offers several different Baltic cruises. They all go to St. Petersburg - a must I think - but others change depending on ship and length of cruise. It's hard to have sea days between the ports since they are so close to each other. All that being said, it's a wonderful cruise

Oh, aren't you sweet today. How's about blowing me a kiss for our win today? Man, it was an ugly first half and they woke up in time to get the W. Now, it's over to your team for tonight. Good luck.

Unlike my team, yours has the game wrapped up by half-time tonight with the final half a mere formality to collect pay checks.

Unlike my team, yours has the game wrapped up by half-time tonight with the final half a mere formality to collect pay checks.

Mr Steelers,

Nice win it does matter how you win as long as you do. My Patriots won big tonight 41 to 16.

Now on to next week. Good luck on Thursday. (!) The Patriots play in Mexico on Sunday I hope Bill tells them not to drink the water....:):):)

Go Patriots!!!!

Tony