Speak up if your stateroom mattress is deformed/broken springs etc

HUNGRYGREEK

I just finished the Dawn repositioning cruise from Boston to San Juan and it is my third time on the Dawn this summer. We have had a total of four cabins and all had at least one mattress with huge high and low areas and broken inner springs. Had cabin 8060 this time and it was in such bad condition neither of us could sleep in it. If you all see this in your cabins please speak up as we did. They do listen to us, we had over 200 people at our Meet And Greet . They would not replace ours, just shoved folded up stuff under the middle of the mattress to make it look more level, the springs were still broken and noisey though. I know that alot of people are interested in how our cruise went and my review should be released in a few days. I submitted it yesterday.

My morning coffee hasn't kicked in so forgive me here...So you spoke up and they shoved stuff under your mattress for aesthetics? Okay I would not be speaking up I would be livid, outspoken and on the verge of telling the HD where to shove the folded up stuff. Seriously? What they did was beyond the point of speaking up. I would be more worried with blasting corporate right now as opposed to your posting a review....Just saying, without my caffeine.

I just finished the Dawn repositioning cruise from Boston to San Juan and it is my third time on the Dawn this summer. We have had a total of four cabins and all had at least one mattress with huge high and low areas and broken inner springs. Had cabin 8060 this time and it was in such bad condition neither of us could sleep in it. If you all see this in your cabins please speak up as we did. They do listen to us, we had over 200 people at our Meet And Greet . They would not replace ours, just shoved folded up stuff under the middle of the mattress to make it look more level, the springs were still broken and noisey though. I know that alot of people are interested in how our cruise went and my review should be released in a few days. I submitted it yesterday.

In all seriousness, this would be something, since they never really corrected the situation, that I would request a full refund of the DSC for. A service related issue was brought to their attention and they never reasonably corrected it.

This is just twrrible customer service. I would have hunted down the Hotel Director!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This! If they didn't have a replacement in inventory the least they could do is swap your mattress with the Hotel Director's.

My morning coffee hasn't kicked in so forgive me here...So you spoke up and they shoved stuff under your mattress for aesthetics? Okay I would not be speaking up I would be livid, outspoken and on the verge of telling the HD where to shove the folded up stuff. Seriously? What they did was beyond the point of speaking up. I would be more worried with blasting corporate right now as opposed to your posting a review....Just saying, without my caffeine.

I think we would both be heard loud and clear. If I didn't get a new mattress they will be hearing me from the top deck of the ship. In addition every worker would hear about it. If I had to go up to the captain I would. I spend good money on the cruise to not have an adequate bed. they will not cripple me. I have requested lounge chairs on the balcony. Last resort, I will sleep on them

MKing had bad mattress on BA a couple weeks back ...
Something was done, it was acknowledged by our RS later in the week, furthermore, his supervisor (thus, within housekeeping was aware of it ... since I also went downstairs to Guest Services to put it on record)

As a result, they attempted to mitigate by having 1 of the 2 mattress, the bad one with the sagging springs (can't be sure if inner springs were "broken" or not ... glad, it didn't puncture my back, just woke up sore in the morning) were probably flipped over, upside down (reversible ??) ... Now, it could be that the bed frame/foundation itself was bad. Regardless, it was making quite a bit of noise, whenever I moved and/or turned in the bed.

Mrs. M ended up sleeping on the sofabed/foam mattress, which I can vouched for being firm enough with better support for the back & spine vs. the spring mattress on my side of the Queen bed ... in part, b/c she was still recovering from a cold & didn't missed my occasional snoring, especially when exhaused & tired.

My understanding, per our somewhat helpful RS, is that they did not have any replacement or spare mattress to swap out mine with ... :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: - but, I like the idea of taking the Hotel Director (if, only ... Prem is still around) or the head of Housekeeping's mattress instead. Darn it, should've done that + demand an OBC to offset "distress, pain & suffering". Hindsight is 20/20 - we did NOT let NCL off the hook entirely, rated & scored the post-cruise "random" eSurveys accordingly to reflect the "Poor" ranking in the appropriate categories - and, in the comments section with up to 1,000 characters/words allowed ( times 2 surveys.) Of course, since they acted as if CC's reviews & posts mattered, this "shall be" written up & documented accordingly, once I get around to a CC review and as a "heads up" under Stateroom info/pictures (Breakaway "BD" Category #9288). Not that any of these likely going to matter a whole lot to my back, since "recovered" ... nothing like old, sweet home's own mattress.

While we could raise hell and storm the Guest Services, short of yelling at the poor souls in training behind the desk ... and/or leave voice mail and "notes" to Dear "HD" mailbox onboard ... wasn't going to let it ruin our vacation or spend time chasing down everyone. With quite a few solo sailing Insides, OV and Balconies on Halloween, they should've been able to "steal" a better mattress for a week & smuggle that into our stateroom ... strictly, our "fault".

What I am surprised is that, these hospitality grade mattress begin to worn out in just about 5 years of continuous service ... if those're 8 to 10 years old, toward the end of it typical warranty and expected life cycle, I would not be troubled by its wear & tear ... as hinted by the post about the BA being "tired". Ship as a whole, is fine (not drifting off-topics further ...)

I know that a # of CC'er are following as they are going to be on the BA soon, this could be a useful alert to check ... and, to bring it up at the Meet & Greet. Except, they came in, brief remarks given & proceeded to march out quickly, not taking any Q&A (again, just like before.)