Current entertainment on the Grand.....

smixsell

DW and me are boarding the Grand in less than 2 weeks. We just received an e-mail from the CD letting us know that Steve Moris and Tom Franek will be guest entertainers on board, and that Wonder Woman and Battle of the Sexes will be two of the featured movies on MUTS.

I was wondering if anyone recently off the Grand could supplement this "scouting report." with information about some of the other performers and MUTS on board. We are especially interested in any information about the entertainers (i.e. is there a string quartet on board, and if so which one?).

Any information you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Have not been on the Grand recently. But on most, if not all, Princess ships that we have been on, there have always been a string quartet playing during late afternoon at the Piazza. In one sailing, the quartet ended their contract midway in the cruise and was replaced by another set in the port. My guess is that there may still be one on your sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by easyboy

Was also on the Oct 22 and stayed on Oct. 29 to Hawaii. Heres my list.

Comedy/Music=Duncan Tuck, Comedian=Steve Caouette, Comedian=Steve Morris, Magician=Alex Ramon.

Vocalist=Alison Ward, Vocal Group=These Guys, Pianist=Tom Franek, Guitar/Vocalist=Simon Defer-Wyatt, Pianist/Vocal=Dwight Blake and Pianist Art Ilardi.

Music for Dancing=Gemstone Quartet, Desperado Trio, and Mosaic Band.

Movies at the MUTS were: A Dog's Purpose, Ghost in the Shell, Gifted, Going in Style, Guardian Of The Galaxy Vol.2, King Arthur:Legend of the Sword, My Cousin Rachel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Spider-Man:Homecoming, The Founder, The Mummy, The Zookeeper'd Wife and Wonder Women.

Three Production Shows and The Voice of the Ocean, singing competition.

Steve Morris is an excellent comic and accomplished guitar player. We have seen him a few times and always enjoyed his act..

Tom Franek is the Crooner's piano entertainer. His act includes accepting requests from various people, and then putting the requests into a medley. He has lots of talent and is quite entertaining. When we saw him Crooner's was very crowded all the time.

I was on the Grand Oct. 22-Oct. 29 and did not have a string quartet. We had a mariachi band, and a jazz band in addition to a singer Dwight Blake, Steve Moris and an african-american comedy act.

Hopefully someone will ask the obvious question, but it won't be me...at least not now:evilsmile:

Was also on the Oct 22 and stayed on Oct. 29 to Hawaii. Heres my list.

Comedy/Music=Duncan Tuck, Comedian=Steve Caouette, Comedian=Steve Morris, Magician=Alex Ramon.

Vocalist=Alison Ward, Vocal Group=These Guys, Pianist=Tom Franek, Guitar/Vocalist=Simon Defer-Wyatt, Pianist/Vocal=Dwight Blake and Pianist Art Ilardi.

Music for Dancing=Gemstone Quartet, Desperado Trio, and Mosaic Band.

Movies at the MUTS were: A Dog's Purpose, Ghost in the Shell, Gifted, Going in Style, Guardian Of The Galaxy Vol.2, King Arthur:Legend of the Sword, My Cousin Rachel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Spider-Man:Homecoming, The Founder, The Mummy, The Zookeeper'd Wife and Wonder Women.

Three Production Shows and The Voice of the Ocean, singing competition.

Thank you so much Gimer. Do you recall the names of the production shows by any chance?

Three Production Shows are The British Invasion, Stardust and Motor City. There are other live participating shows like The Yes/No Game, The Lair's Club, Ye Olde Pub Night, Read My Lips, True or Moo and The Marriage Match in the Explorer's Lounge. Then there is "Stargazing with Discovery at Sea" program. There are two sessions and tickets are given out for a limited numbers. It takes place the night before we hit the Islands and the first evening after we leave the last island. They will meet on Deck 15 and the Cruise Staff will take you on a journey through the stars. More people interested than there were tickets available.

Three Production Shows are The British Invasion, Stardust and Motor City. There are other live participating shows like The Yes/No Game, The Lair's Club, Ye Olde Pub Night, Read My Lips, True or Moo and The Marriage Match in the Explorer's Lounge. Then there is "Stargazing with Discovery at Sea" program. There are two sessions and tickets are given out for a limited numbers. It takes place the night before we hit the Islands and the first evening after we leave the last island. They will meet on Deck 15 and the Cruise Staff will take you on a journey through the stars. More people interested than there were tickets available.

Thanks!

Steve Morris is an excellent comic and accomplished guitar player. We have seen him a few times and always enjoyed his act..

Tom Franek is the Crooner's piano entertainer. His act includes accepting requests from various people, and then putting the requests into a medley. He has lots of talent and is quite entertaining. When we saw him Crooner's was very crowded all the time.

Aloha!

Tom is indeed a great talent...and a really nice guy as well. But, just to keep it all 100, he is a full time fly on guest entertainer. He hasn’t been a Crooners performer for a little while now. You’ll love his show!

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

On the October 29 cruise, Dwight Blake was the pianist/singer in the Crooner's Bar starting at 9:45 pm till there were no one there to play to. The earlier sessions at the Crooner's Bar was Simon Defer-Wyatt who was a guitarist/singer, for the 6:45 and 7:45 pm time frame.

On the October 29 cruise, Dwight Blake was the pianist/singer in the Crooner's Bar starting at 9:45 pm till there were no one there to play to. The earlier sessions at the Crooner's Bar was Simon Defer-Wyatt who was a guitarist/singer, for the 6:45 and 7:45 pm time frame.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully they were good.

Is this a typical thing for Princess - to email you a couple weeks out to let you know the entertainment that is going to offered? We are taking our first Princess cruise on the 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Steve Morris is one funny guy and a good musician. He had the whole ship talking about him and the second act he did was supposed to be in the Vista Lounge but due to popularity, he was back in the Princess Theater instead. I thought he was the best.

Tom Franek is a good piano player and works the crowd. Good show and it's amazing how he can play it upside down and backwards.. The singers and dancers were great too as well as Blake, the Crooner's piano player.

Entertainment on the Grand last month was very good.

What's the current line on how often Steve Moris mentions that he used to tour with the Beach Boys? Was roughly every minute and a half last time I saw him...

Only every 90 seconds? Lucky... :rolleyes: