Hawaii cruise in March?

sashas_mom

We’ve always gone to Hawaii in the Fall. Perfect weather sailing and in Hawaii. Celebrating our 40th Anniversary in March and thinking of cruising to Hawaii. What should I expect weather wise? I know every year is different, but a ballpark would be helpful. Should we wait till Fall?

We've cruise Hawaii this time of year a couple of times and enjoyed very nice weather in Hawaii. As you note you just never can be sure when it comes to weather.

First day to day and one half from California the seas were choppy and it was windy but as we made our way towards Hawaii the weather

became much nicer.

Keith

We’ve always gone to Hawaii in the Fall. Perfect weather sailing and in Hawaii. Celebrating our 40th Anniversary in March and thinking of cruising to Hawaii. What should I expect weather wise? I know every year is different' date=' but a ballpark would be helpful. Should we wait till Fall?[/quote']

I wouldn’t wait until Fall and in March there’s a better chance of viewing whales.

Here’s a description of average March conditions in Maui which would be similar to the other islands.

https://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/trip-planning-weather/#mar

March – Spring brings increasingly strong Northeast tradewinds, and more showers on the windward sides from Haiku to Hana, and on the upper West side from Napili to Kaanapali. Kihei and Lahaina are generally warm and sunny. Winter storms lose their influence on Maui later in the month. Tradewinds blow on the average 61% of the time. Surf still up frequently on the North and West shores. Sea water temperature averages about 74 degrees F.

March averages for different locations on Maui Lahaina 83-64 F. (28.3C-17.8C) 1.79" of precipitation Hana 79-65 F. (26.1C-18.3C) 9.54" of precipitation

Kahului 81-65 F. (27.2C-18.3C) 2.72" of precipitation Kahului % of possible daytime sunshine: 72%

March tends to have much less humidity in Hawaii and is a very pleasant time to cruise there.

We took a land trip to Maui in the fall, and it was very humid with very light winds, and we didn't find many restaurants and other places that were air conditioned.

If someone wants beach weather October is better than in March. However for everything else March is better & my favorite weather here in Maui is winter & spring. Instead of summer & fall temperatures of upper 80s to low 90s the winter upper 70s to low 80s is perfect for me. :D

We took a land trip to Maui in the fall, and it was very humid with very light winds, and we didn't find many restaurants and other places that were air conditioned.

Curious where you were looking..outdoor cafes? Just spent a week in September, with fairly high humidities (according to the locals). Had no problem with A/C in restaurants.

We lived on the Big Island and can say the weather is definitely the best Feb & March thus more tourists.

Each Island has its own climate conditions and things can vary greatly from one to the other and from one side of an island to the other. Like many places weather forecasts are never accurate but one thing you can count on is that it will be warm or very, very hot and humid during the summer and fall.

We lived on the Big Island and can say the weather is definitely the best Feb & March thus more tourists.

Each Island has its own climate conditions and things can vary greatly from one to the other and from one side of an island to the other. Like many places weather forecasts are never accurate but one thing you can count on is that it will be warm or very, very hot and humid during the summer and fall.

What Can I expect late April??

I wouldn’t wait until Fall and in March there’s a better chance of viewing whales.

Here’s a description of average March conditions in Maui which would be similar to the other islands.

https://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/trip-planning-weather/#mar

March – Spring brings increasingly strong Northeast tradewinds, and more showers on the windward sides from Haiku to Hana, and on the upper West side from Napili to Kaanapali. Kihei and Lahaina are generally warm and sunny. Winter storms lose their influence on Maui later in the month. Tradewinds blow on the average 61% of the time. Surf still up frequently on the North and West shores. Sea water temperature averages about 74 degrees F.

March averages for different locations on Maui Lahaina 83-64 F. (28.3C-17.8C) 1.79" of precipitation Hana 79-65 F. (26.1C-18.3C) 9.54" of precipitation

Kahului 81-65 F. (27.2C-18.3C) 2.72" of precipitation Kahului % of possible daytime sunshine: 72%

Hi Frank. Thanks for the info. We’re back to cruising after a couple of years off. Hope you are doing well.

Eileen

Curious where you were looking..outdoor cafes? Just spent a week in September, with fairly high humidities (according to the locals). Had no problem with A/C in restaurants.

We would love to know some air conditioned restaurants in Maui. We also have only seen ones that had none and I can’t take the heat.

What Can I expect late April??
It varies warm to hot but not as humid as summer. It will depend on what weather conditions you are used to at home on how comfortable you will be. We wore shorts and flip-flops year round and ran the A/C at night even if we did not have it on during the day. It was very strange to have a 90 degree Christmas day.

We’ve always gone to Hawaii in the Fall. Perfect weather sailing and in Hawaii. Celebrating our 40th Anniversary in March and thinking of cruising to Hawaii. What should I expect weather wise? I know every year is different' date=' but a ballpark would be helpful. Should we wait till Fall?[/quote']

Strong winds and chilly the first 2 days.

Hi Frank. Thanks for the info. We’re back to cruising after a couple of years off. Hope you are doing well.

Eileen

Welcome back & a roundtrip cruise to Hawaii with a drive to the port is always great! :D

We’re enjoying cruising to some new destinations in addition to those from LA including Spring 2019 cruises on the Royal from LA with other Californians such as Pam in CA.

We’re enjoying cruising to some new destinations in addition to those from LA including Spring 2019 cruises on the Royal from LA with other Californians such as Pam in CA.

Where are you all going in 2019 on the Royal? Might check it out. Where is the roll call? Pam is in Hawaii right now on the Star (unless she came home this weekend).

Where are you all going in 2019 on the Royal? Might check it out. Where is the roll call? Pam is in Hawaii right now on the Star (unless she came home this weekend).

B2B Mexican Riviera & Wine Country Coastal ending in Vancouver.

MR (4/27-5/4/19): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507091

WCC (5/4-5/11/19): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2517919

Edited by Astro Flyer

B2B Mexican Riviera & Wine Country Coastal ending in Vancouver.

MR (4/27-5/4/19): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507091

WCC (5/4-5/11/19): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2517919

So excited you told me about this. I just booked Mexican part only, it can’t wait to be back on the Royal. Now I will find the roll call.👋🏻