Belkin 3-Outlet Surge Protector

jules815

We've had no trouble taking one in the past on RC, but haven't tried with Celebrity. It's the Belkin travel surge protector. 3 outlets and a couple of USB ports. Great little thing for travel.

Do you think they'll allow it?

Sounds similar to something I've taken on my last 3 Celebrity cruises, never had a problem

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

While you and many others may have used the Belkin unit in the past there are two things to know concerning surge protectors on ships:

The more times you use the surge protector on ships, the more it is subjected to small (non-damaging to electronics) reverse voltages between ground and power conductors, and the more likely the semi-conductors in the surge protector are to failure.

A perfectly operating surge protector in your cabin, may suddenly go up in flames, caused by a ground fault somewhere else on the ship, completely out of your control. This is the real danger with a surge protector on a ship, you can do everything right, and have a surge protector that is in 100% new condition, and a fault at the other end of the ship can cause your surge protector to go up in flames.

I have a three (3) outlets plug end with no cord. Is that OK? No Surge Protector.

Type YY-3CZD

Rating:15A 125V

E177718L

I looked this one up....looks good, and has a nice feature....a built-in night-lite. Do you mind me asking where you got it and how much it was? Thanks!

We've had no trouble taking one in the past on RC, but haven't tried with Celebrity. It's the Belkin travel surge protector. 3 outlets and a couple of USB ports. Great little thing for travel.

Do you think they'll allow it?

We have the very same one, and used to take it on cruises. But with the new warnings that it can cause a fire on cruise ships, we won't be using it any more for cruises. OK for hotel stays, but that's it. It may be possible to get it on a ship, and avoid detection, but I sure wouldn't want to be the cause of a devastating fire on a ship jammed with people!

We have the very same one, and used to take it on cruises. But with the new warnings that it can cause a fire on cruise ships, we won't be using it any more for cruises. OK for hotel stays, but that's it. It may be possible to get it on a ship, and avoid detection, but I sure wouldn't want to be the cause of a devastating fire on a ship jammed with people!

I will definitely leave it at home then. I would never bring anything on board that could be a fire hazard risk.

Well, color me embarrassed! Just double-checked our charging station ordered from Amazon a few years ago and it DOES have surge protection. I just ordered a new one from Amazon with NO surge protection for use on cruise ships. NTONPOWER power strip with 6 outlets and 3 USB

ports. Sorry about that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, color me embarrassed! Just double-checked our charging station ordered from Amazon a few years ago and it DOES have surge protection. I just ordered a new one from Amazon with NO surge protection for use on cruise ships. NTONPOWER power strip with 6 outlets and 3 USB

ports. Sorry about that!

If it is similar to this one then it has a cord and I thought that was a no-no too.

https://www.amazon.com/NTONPOWER-Outlets-Charging-Station-Smartphone/dp/B01G39A5BU

Not sure how you can have multi outlet without a cord? It must plug into something...the one we bought us currently available on Amazon and cruise ships are specifically mentioned. We searched for non-surge multi-outlet.

Not sure how you can have multi outlet without a cord? It must plug into something...the one we bought us currently available on Amazon and cruise ships are specifically mentioned. We searched for non-surge multi-outlet.

Ours is a cube that plus right into the wall socket.

Ours is a cube that plus right into the wall socket.

We have those also at home but they incorporate surge protectors.

If you're talking about the PowerCube, the older model was available without surge protection, and some are still for sale. The newer version is surge protected, so you have to be careful.