High alcohol prices

runner15km

OK, I agree with both of you and all you said. We do get the Deluxe or what ever it is call, package so we don't have to worry about a huge bill and probably break even. We are on vacation, we are celebrating something special, and there is nothing better than seeing an afternoon movie with a cold coffee concocshion (sp) with whipped cream, carmel, baileys and a cherry on top. That's something we never do at home and I don't even know the name of it. Yummy!

Friends?

Sounds good to me, might have to try one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

OK, I agree with both of you and all you said. We do get the Deluxe or what ever it is called, package so we don't have to worry about a huge bill and probably break even. We are on vacation, we are celebrating something special, and there is nothing better than seeing an afternoon movie with a cold coffee concocshion (sp) with whipped cream, carmel, baileys and a cherry on top. That's something we never do at home and I don't even know the name of it. Yummy! And a very nice afternoon!!

Friends?

That sounds delicious...

Yes, just wonderful. You have loads of options with the drink package. Get your ice cream and have them put a shot of your favorite liquor over it!!

Any idea which bars/restaurants on Oasis serve both ice cream and liquor? I never would have thought to order that, personally I typically stick to beer and whisky, but a little something sweet now and then always puts a smile on my face.

Any idea which bars/restaurants on Oasis serve both ice cream and liquor? I never would have thought to order that, personally I typically stick to beer and whisky, but a little something sweet now and then always puts a smile on my face.

You'll have to get the ice cream in a cup on the Lido, then go to any closeby bar. I brought my DH a Root Beer Float that I "made" Many wanted to know where I got it. It's fun to be creative!:D

Just off the Liberty.

Bought a 10-drink card (shareable; my wife and I split it) for $75 (plus 18%, of course) about Day 5. Came out okay. Some wine with dinner, a couple of pina coladas (tasty but weak).

Drinks of the day were $9.75 (plus 18%, of course), regular price about $13 (plus...well, you know), I think. I didn't buy any.

I'm not a big drinker, and the 10-drink card worked out fine.

Biggest disappointment alcohol-wise was being promised a bottle of Clos du Bois Cabernet when I booked through RCI, then not receiving it, complaining to Guest Services, and being given a bottle of Tisdale Merlot, which is about $4 at Dollar General--and tasted like it.

Drinking on any vacation isn't a big deal for me.

Just off the Liberty.

Bought a 10-drink card (shareable; my wife and I split it) for $75 (plus 18%, of course) about Day 5. Came out okay. Some wine with dinner, a couple of pina coladas (tasty but weak).

Drinks of the day were $9.75 (plus 18%, of course), regular price about $13 (plus...well, you know), I think. I didn't buy any.

Biggest disappointment alcohol-wise was being promised a bottle of Clos du Bois Cabernet when I booked through RCI, then not receiving it, complaining to Guest Services, and being given a bottle of Tisdale Merlot, which is about $4 at Dollar General--and tasted like it.

Drinking on any vacation isn't a big deal for me.

If only that card could show up earlier

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then don't cruise.

Your choices are:

1) Don't cruise, go where the drinks are cheap. But most resort areas are similar prices.

2) Cruise, but don't drink. Eating is required to stay alive, drinking alcohol is NOT.

3) Cruise, drink, relax. You are NOT going to make the drinks cheaper.

I don’t understand why the do not cruise behind this as we are just discussing on the OP post about drinks getting more and more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Liberty.

We’ll be on the Liberty in a couple of weeks. Do you remember which day of the cruise these cards came out and where they were being offered? Thanks.

Dan