Harmony – Missing some Oasis features?

mlbcruiser

OMG, that photo is hilarious. I will have to find that spot in March.

My wife and I were trying to figure out why there is less space to sit on Deck 5 along the railing and watch the wake. And what’s with the padding? Then it occurred to me that the running track was painted in the wrong place.

Captain Gus seems to be having trouble with the stabilizers this week. The ship is creaking and rolling much more than usual. Even the crew are commenting about it. The French make great wine and cheese but not so sure about the other stuff ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe not what you're asking but I'll offer it anyway.....I very much dislike the decor on HOTS which is more like the Quantum class....Example...those tiny slivers in the cabin they call nightstands with no drawer's :eek::eek:

To be fair, there are no drawers in the night stands on Oasis or Allure.

My brother recently went on the harmony in he said the same thing about the bionic bar. He said drinks didn’t taste as good as the ones he got from live bartenders and it was a novelty. Fun to see once but that’s it. Glad to hear they still have breakfast dining near the solarium. We also used to like to have breakfast on the similar venue on Oasis sometimes as it seemed more tranquil. One thing I wish oil Caribbean had more of was outdoor covered areas where you could eat. Celebrity always has these and so does a couple of other lines we have sailed. We have eaten at Giovanni’s twice. Would never have gone back after our first experience however friends were with us on our second Oasis cruise and it was a little better service wise. Harmony sounds like it has some nice new features but I will miss the Diamond lounge not having any views at all If we go on Harmony. I know it is a very beautiful **** but not so sure I like the sleeker more minimalist styling. ( I have that issue with Celebrity ships, though I have enjoyed my cruises with them I generally am never pleased with the decor as much as I am with Royal Caribbean‘s or Princess’s.)

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

my 3 year old granddaughter loved the bionic bar. She got a Shirley temple pretty much every day.

My wife and I were trying to figure out why there is less space to sit on Deck 5 along the railing and watch the wake. And what’s with the padding? Then it occurred to me that the running track was painted in the wrong place.

Captain Gus seems to be having trouble with the stabilizers this week. The ship is creaking and rolling much more than usual. Even the crew are commenting about it. The French make great wine and cheese but not so sure about the other stuff ;-)

When we sailed the Quantum on a 12 nite Carib. itinerary in February following her intro, we had the same problem. We were in as storm (20+ ft waves) and the ship creaked like crazy and everywhere. To tell you the truth we were afraid to get on the elevator. The Captain when he held Q&A session in 2x70 was asked the question and he identified the newness of the ship, comparing the settlement when a new house is built.

When we sailed the Quantum on a 12 nite Carib. itinerary in February following her intro, we had the same problem. We were in as storm (20+ ft waves) and the ship creaked like crazy and everywhere. To tell you the truth we were afraid to get on the elevator. The Captain when he held Q&A session in 2x70 was asked the question and he identified the newness of the ship, comparing the settlement when a new house is built.

Captain Gus explained that the stabilizers were not very effective on the trip from Saint Thomas to San Juan due to our slow speed of about 8 knots and a strong tailwind that was pitching the ship. The ride that night was like flying through turbulence, very jerky. And truth be told the creaking seemed to be coming from the superstructure and fittings which are mostly made of aluminum.

Someone at Captain’s Corner asked why Harmony was built in France rather than Finland and his answer was essentially that France was the lowest bidder. At least that’s what I got out of it. Nevertheless Harmony is an exquisite ship. Personally I enjoyed the service on Allure more but it’s just splitting hairs, it’s all excellent on Harmony this week.

... Someone at Captain’s Corner asked why Harmony was built in France rather than Finland and his answer was essentially that France was the lowest bidder. ...

Probably a good succinct answer, but a contributing factor was that the government of Finland declined to guarantee the loan.

Probably a good succinct answer, but a contributing factor was that the government of Finland declined to guarantee the loan.

Yes the captain mentioned that too. I suspect that the shipyard was asking too much or they had more appealing prospects with other builds, but I’m certainly no expert on this subject.