Diamond benefits for under 21

cjmx

Hi , both my kids have earned diamond status on their own , do they eat any benefits ,specifically internet benefits? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If believe if they are 18 and over, they get the adult coupons, except they cannot use a coupon for anything alcoholic unless they are 21 or over.

We went last December one of our daughters was 20 & emerald the other was 19 & diamond both got the benefits that my 14 year old got. No internet or free photo for the 19 year old that was diamond. Both daughters that are diamond (they were 14 & 19) got the diamond letter but the youth benefits loaded on card. The 20 year old got an emerald letter with youth benefits loaded on her card that were identical to both of her sisters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rum & monkey

So over 18, the potentially get the one day internet, but under 18 , they don’t, does that sound about right?

That has been my understanding, but one of the posts above says different. Perhaps things have changed since our daughter was under 21.

Just looked at what they got (tried to upload a pic but getting error message)

The only Internet they got was 10% off any internet package for one device.

Also included 10% off any one Y-spa treatment

Buy one get one free peace pop bar @ Ben & Jerry's

25% off any coffee beverage @ cafe promenade, cafe latte-tudes, or specialty restaurants

$5 back when you purchase $15 at arcade

$25 back when you purchase $50 at arcade

Buy one, get one free movie rental in your stateroom

DD was 18 last December and got all the D perks (including Internet) minus the drinks.

We even asked about it and was told they were youth until 21 on any N American sailing & they would only get adult benefits on sailings that they are considered adults. That was on Harmony last December.

At one point, I was told that kids needed to be 18 and a different address than parents.

The children benefits are really sad even if the kids have “earned” those points themselves.

My 19 year old daughter and I sailed on Allure this past October and she received the youth letter in the room. She was able to get her free day of internet and could have been served alcohol in the Diamond lounge if she had accepted the offer but she doesn't drink.

My 19 year old daughter and I sailed on Allure this past October and she received the youth letter in the room. She was able to get her free day of internet and could have been served alcohol in the Diamond lounge if she had accepted the offer but she doesn't drink.

I very much doubt your daughter would have been served alcohol intentionally.

My son was 20 when we were on Allure in August this year. There was a definite no alcohol policy for under 21. He was entitled to 3 free non alcoholic drinks during happy hour. Can't remember other benefits and whether there were any differences.

DD was 18 last December and got all the D perks (including Internet) minus the drinks.

So I hope my DD (then 18) will get the drinks too on the Serenade on a Baltic cruise next year (she won´t drink anyway but wants her Diet Coke). And she´s cruising on her own with two other girls (all under 21 - allowed in Europe only).

steamboats

I very much doubt your daughter would have been served alcohol intentionally.

My son was 20 when we were on Allure in August this year. There was a definite no alcohol policy for under 21. He was entitled to 3 free non alcoholic drinks during happy hour. Can't remember other benefits and whether there were any differences.

She's legal age in Canada where we live but still refused when offered. She drank coke also.:)

She's legal age in Canada where we live but still refused when offered. She drank coke also.:)

All cruises out of the US have a drinking age of 21 (despite the fact that the legal drinking age of the nationality of the cruiser might be lower). Parents can sign a letter of consent for wine and beer for "kids" ages 18 to 20 but have to be present on the cruise. Or a person 21 and over has to be present. And you can only book a cruise being 21 or older (or you have to be accompanied by a person 21 and older).

Cruises out of Europe have a drinking age of 18 (as almost all European countries have a legal drinking age of 18). As in all European countries you´re regarded as an adult by the age of 18 you can also book a cruise out of an European port at the age of 18.

BTW, here in Germany kids can be allowed by their parents to drink beer/wine at the age of 14 (parents have to be present). Legal drinking age for beer and wine is 16. Legal drinking age for everything else (meaning all spirits, cocktails...) is 18.

Anyway as for cruises it´s up to the cruise line and their rules. It doesn´t matter what your country of origin allows you to do at a certain age.

steamboats

All cruises out of the US have a drinking age of 21 (despite the fact that the legal drinking age of the nationality of the cruiser might be lower). Parents can sign a letter of consent for wine and beer for "kids" ages 18 to 20 but have to be present on the cruise. Or a person 21 and over has to be present. And you can only book a cruise being 21 or older (or you have to be accompanied by a person 21 and older).

steamboats

I believe RCCL nothing can sign out of US port to allow drinking 18-21. NCL can sign.....18-20 as described.

Cruises out of Europe have a drinking age of 18 (as almost all European countries have a legal drinking age of 18). As in all European countries you´re regarded as an adult by the age of 18 you can also book a cruise out of an European port at the age of 18.

BTW, here in Germany kids can be allowed by their parents to drink beer/wine at the age of 14 (parents have to be present). Legal drinking age for beer and wine is 16. Legal drinking age for everything else (meaning all spirits, cocktails...) is 18.

Anyway as for cruises it´s up to the cruise line and their rules. It doesn´t matter what your country of origin allows you to do at a certain age.

steamboats

I was simply expressing our experience. It's not an issue for us as she doesn't drink alcohol. She did take advantage of having a coke and nibbles in the lounge with me. The free day of internet was a surprise to us as she had the youth coupon letter delivered to the room. Even that wasn't really an issue as it was only a 7 day cruise and we enjoy being disconnected. We just appreciate the fact that we can take our kids on vacations and enjoy our time with our family. :)

On one of the cruises with all my kids , out of Puerto Rico, my 22 son , met an Aussie, and he was 20, and was allowed to drink with all the other kids over 21 year olds , because his father signed the letter. He behaved better than some of the adults on that cruise

On one of the cruises with all my kids , out of Puerto Rico, my 22 son , met an Aussie, and he was 20, and was allowed to drink with all the other kids over 21 year olds , because his father signed the letter.

How long ago was this?

I know it's going to be a shock to hear this, but it all depends on who you ask! The last couple of years it's been hit or miss for DD. Sometimes they try to stick her with the youth benefits, which I find laughable for a 20 year old. Every sailing I have fought for (and gotten) the free photo, which is all I really cared about.