Carry on wine question

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding carry on wine. From what I have read, we can carry on two bottles of wine for the stateroom.

What are the rules as to how you carry it on? In your carryon bags, or do you just bring it on in the bag from Publix or wherever you bought it?

I don't feel they would want you to put it in checked luggage, that mimics smuggling. The correct way that HAL approves of is....?

Thank you for your help.

PS we have the drink package so this is not really necessary for us but we thought about bringing a few special bottles for the stateroom onboard. I know we can always order 2 bottles from HAL. Just needed some opinions...thanks

All wine has to brought onto the ship either in your carry-on or the bag(s) you bought it in. I would be afraid to just lay bags of wine on the x-ray machine. They could break easily.

Your first 2 you don't pay any corkage fee. If you have more than 2 bottles, then the corkage fee will be charged to your cabin and a special sticker will be placed on the bottles. The table for doing this is right beyond the security machines.

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding carry on wine. From what I have read, we can carry on two bottles of wine for the stateroom.

What are the rules as to how you carry it on? In your carryon bags, or do you just bring it on in the bag from Publix or wherever you bought it?

I don't feel they would want you to put it in checked luggage, that mimics smuggling. The correct way that HAL approves of is....?

Thank you for your help.

PS we have the drink package so this is not really necessary for us but we thought about bringing a few special bottles for the stateroom onboard. I know we can always order 2 bottles from HAL. Just needed some opinions...thanks

All wine must be carried on board. They do not want it in your checked luggage.

How you carry it is totally up to you. It can be brought on in your carry on luggage or in a bag. Whichever works easiest for you is just fine. I often use the wine carrier I got at Total Wine a few years ago. (Around $2.99)

Normally you will be directed to the wine table and the steward will ask to see your wine. If you have a bottle per person (in your case 2 bottles) then it will be corkage free and for consumption in your stateroom.

If you have more than 2 bottles (in case you find some really nice vintages ;) ), there is an $18 corkage fee for each bottle over your free allowance. You need to choose which bottle(s) as they will place a sticker on them indicating corkage has been paid and you can enjoy those bottles anywhere on the ship :).

While you can certainly order bottles from HAL on board, if you are in a port like FLL with stores like Total Wine with so many wonderful choices, it's hard to resist and settle for what is available on board. ;)

Thank you, I just wanted to follow the rules....I don't want to visit the naughty room...too embarrassing! !!

You will be just fine as long as you carry it on. No naughty room visit for you :)

Only at embarkation although zi think if you are on a HAL winery excursion you get to bring another.

For others just to clarify it must be carried on. If in checked bags it will go to the naughty room but wont be released until the last night of the cruise even if you say that u didnt carry any on.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

Only at embarkation although zi think if you are on a HAL winery excursion you get to bring another.

For others just to clarify it must be carried on. If in checked bags it will go to the naughty room but wont be released until the last night of the cruise even if you say that u didnt carry any on.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

Thank You That makes sense but I was hoping.

So the first two bottles that are free of corkage fees MUST be consumed in the cabin and cannot be taken to the MDR???? I had assumed that all of the bottles would be somehow tagged and we could take them to the MDR.

Corkage-free bottles are not tagged and are to be consumend in the cabin only.

However, nothing prevents you from taking one to the MDR (we have done so many times) and paying the corkage fee there. Your wine steward may or may not charge the corkage fee depending on your relationship, on how many bottles you have already brought that you had already paid corkage on or on how many additional bottles or packages you have already bought from him. ;) In other words, the more wine you drink, the more you save!!! ;)