Norwegian Cruise Line Unveils New Phone App

LauraS

yay they fixed the compatibility issue with the tablets. google play no longer shows this app is not compatible error message like what iConcierge does. I had to manually download and sideload it on my tablet and it works fine

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used the onboard messaging feature? Is it good? I am hoping it works well, we are going on the Sky with a group of 8 in Jan so it would be very helpful for coordinating happy hour meet ups and such. None of us want the typical internet package.

It works but just barely. You have to kill and restart the app if you want a message to go through.

Has anyone used the onboard messaging feature? Is it good? I am hoping it works well, we are going on the Sky with a group of 8 in Jan so it would be very helpful for coordinating happy hour meet ups and such. None of us want the typical internet package.

'postie notes are a lot cheaper.......;)

Nope did not work at all on Jade this December. The old iConcierge that is but I am not holding my breath for the new one either. Of course might work better on Sky. Feeling bummed as we paid 5 x 9,95 to use the messaging and calling feature but it was useless.

No calls went through. Ever. I even tried to call my husband while he was standing next to me with the app open. Result: "We are trying to locate the person you are reaching..." and to the voice mail it went...my husbands phone made zero beep or buzz about my call [emoji849]iPhone if it matters.

Also the messages were useless. I would notice a message has arrived only when I went to send a message myself to someone else.

The app also says it can be used to call a cabin. Nope. Not possible. "sorry the number you are trying to call is incorrect" [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope did not work at all on Jade this December. The old iConcierge that is but I am not holding my breath for the new one either. Of course might work better on Sky. Feeling bummed as we paid 5 x 9,95 to use the messaging and calling feature but it was useless.

Thanks everyone for the info. I think we will all download the app, then once we are on board two will pay the $10 and test it before everyone commits, fingers crossed! Our group is now 12, I’d be mad if we collectively spent $120 for something that doesn’t work.

Just back from the Getaway,

Have purchased the app on the Epic, Escape and Getaway prior to this year,

APP worked well in the past.

Was charged 14.99 PP but thr app barely worked.

On the last day NCL reversd the charges for each of my family of 4.

Many others had the charges reversd as well as the app was barely working last week.