Gift Card Issue

2xsin12mths

So, I go into Lowes tonight to get a GC for my friend for Xmas. She is retiring in March and about 25 of us are going on a Retirement cruise with her. Anyway at the checkout the card would not load and I was told I need to go to Customer Service. OK...now my credit card was charged but the card would not load:confused: To make a long story short she tried ALL the Carnival gift cards they had out on the floor and NONE would work. She said ..sorry...and gave me cash back.

Really!! If they don't work why do you have them out:mad: So my question....does anyone who lives in PA know besides Lowes where to get GC's? I really want to get my friend one so she can put it towards onboard credit.

So, I go into Lowes tonight to get a GC for my friend for Xmas. She is retiring in March and about 25 of us are going on a Retirement cruise with her. Anyway at the checkout the card would not load and I was told I need to go to Customer Service. OK...now my credit card was charged but the card would not load:confused: To make a long story short she tried ALL the Carnival gift cards they had out on the floor and NONE would work. She said ..sorry...and gave me cash back.

Really!! If they don't work why do you have them out:mad: So my question....does anyone who lives in PA know besides Lowes where to get GC's? I really want to get my friend one so she can put it towards onboard credit.

Did they start at $15 or $100? The $15+ cards don't work anymore. The minimum amount is now $100, but I haven't seen any reports of the $15+ cards working if you load $100 or more.

Also, why did Customer Service give you cash instead of reversing/refunding the charge?

Oh... I didn't think about the amount. I was trying 50.00 and the cards said 15.00-500.00 on the front? The other cards I got at lowes were 100.00. But you would think customer service would know that.

I have no idea why she gave me cash back instead of credit. She was very flustered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing maybe they didn't know? But what do I know? I don't live in PA.

We tried to do a $500 and a $100 at Lowes recently and had the same issue, so I don't think it's necessarily the "amount loaded". The associates seemed to think they they are only allowed to sell so many in a given time and then they quit loading for a couple days. No idea what basis they had for that though.

Weis Market - and you can get 10 gas points for each $50 purchased.

Hi all! I work for Safeway as a Front End Manager, and one of the things I'm in charge of is the gift cards. I had the same issue when I tried to purchase a $25-500 card for $200. You get charged, but the card is not activated/loaded. When Carnival changed the amounts to $100-500, the gift card vendor de-activated the old cards, so they no longer work. Unfortunately, that information doesn't always work it's way down to the store/employee level. When I discovered this the hard way (LOL), I made sure to pull and dispose of all the old cards. So the best advice I can offer, is if you see Carnival cards with the $25-500 amount, do not try to buy them, and ask if they have the $100-500 cards.