How does the new anniversary sale compare?

PoohUnderstands

Pooh

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I checked our price. We had 3 for free, but I found a large price reduction with the Anniversary sale, so our net gain was $2000 combined for both of us. We still have a balcony, but in a slightly different location.

Pooh

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I checked our price. We had 3 for free, but I found a large price reduction with the Anniversary sale, so our net gain was $2000 combined for both of us. We still have a balcony, but in a slightly different location.

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wish the sale would have affected the price of our cabins too!! For all three of my sailings I am booked for, the price of the cabin stayed the same or even went up over $600!!!!!!!! So glad to hear of your good fortune! Now you can even enjoy that cruise better! Grin.

Pooh

I am having trouble with the prices.... Before I login, the cruise I picked are priced $899 1/2 person, and $499 per 3/4 person. Once I log in, the price is $759 pp 1/2 person and $699(!) per 3/4 person. It doesn't make any sense! Why would the 3/4 person price go up after I log in?

I am having trouble with the prices.... Before I login, the cruise I picked are priced $899 1/2 person, and $499 per 3/4 person. Once I log in, the price is $759 pp 1/2 person and $699(!) per 3/4 person. It doesn't make any sense! Why would the 3/4 person price go up after I log in?

Because the website made a mistake or because they can(use of a software program determines prices I believe). You just have to catch the price at the right time. I have gotten a great price decrease a few times that after a few hours went back up to the original price or even higher!

Pooh

When we cruised this past September, we had originally booked under the 3 for free. When the anniversary sale came along, we rebooked because we saved a bunch of money. We were hoping the same thing would happen this time for next year’s British Isles cruise. But, alas, it’s not to be. We would have to pay $150 more pp and lose the free gratuities. The increased OBC would not make up the difference. Just goes to show that every cruise is different and that it pays to be constantly checking.

I don't see where there is more OBC. If standard 2 people in cabin, the OBC is the same for us in Anniversary as the just recent Cyber Sale, which I thought was same as 3-for-free. I even tried balcony pricing with Anniversary and still didn't help us. Not sure what type of situation makes Anniversary better.

Steelers36:

For my upcoming cruise comparing 3 for free and anniversary sale, the OBC for us would have been $300 more. However, the price of the cruise for our stateroom went up, and therefore, didn't make sense to change. There have been some people on here who have stated their stateroom pricing has gone way down saving $1000-2000!!!! Therefore I would have switched over to the anniversary sale in a heartbeat. But seems the cruises I pick, the prices stay the same or go up!!

Pooh

I don't see where there is more OBC. If standard 2 people in cabin, the OBC is the same for us in Anniversary as the just recent Cyber Sale, which I thought was same as 3-for-free. I even tried balcony pricing with Anniversary and still didn't help us. Not sure what type of situation makes Anniversary better.
For two people Anniversary Sale has double OBC than what Cyber sale offered for a balcony. OBC matches if inside/OV. Amounts also depend on length of cruise. Also, the two promo charts are labeled differently, one is per person and one is per cabin, so that might be confusing.

We had booked a cruise during the Cyber Sale where the gratuities were included. After reading about the Anniversary Sale on CC, I called our travel agent and she was able to get our fare adjusted. The end result, considering the lower base cost of cruise, the higher OBC, and then deducting the gratuities results in about $1000 saving for us. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums