Birthday ideas? 12/31/17 Liberty of the Seas

So we'll be on the 12/31 sailing, on the Liberty. It's my family of five and my MIL and FIL. 12/31 just so happens to be my MIL's birthday. (y) Looking for ideas to celebrate (as if New Year's eve won't be enough of a celebration! :) )

I've looked at the birthday packages and they just seem like a lot of $$$ for what you get, plus she doesn't drink much so the champagne :bottle-pop: would be mostly wasted. We enjoy eating together in the MDR, so a specialty restaurant probably isn't the best idea either. Not sure what else that leaves us?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I would think being on a cruise together would be PLENTY for an older person who really isn't into "birthdays" anymore. I know I am happy to just be acknowledge nowadays....don't need a fuss!

It is very special. We’ve done two other cruises together and it is a wonderful time for us, with memories that will last a lifetime.

We get birthday gifts for our parents every year and this won’t be any different. Just looking for something that may be more memorable than other years. At our age gifts can get pretty mundane :) so this is a great opportunity to make this one stand out.

Dan

How about....?

(May require some advance work to make it happen)

1. A visit to the Bridge.

2. Family Dinner with the Captain and Officers.

3. A ''behind the scenes'' ship tour.

4. Happy Birthday 'sing-along' in the theater.

5. And........family photos of the event(s).

These are great!!!!! Thank you! Not sure they’ve ever done a behind the scenes ship tour. That may be perfect.

Dan

So we'll be on the 12/31 sailing, on the Liberty. It's my family of five and my MIL and FIL. 12/31 just so happens to be my MIL's birthday. (y) Looking for ideas to celebrate (as if New Year's eve won't be enough of a celebration! :) )

I've looked at the birthday packages and they just seem like a lot of $$$ for what you get, plus she doesn't drink much so the champagne :bottle-pop: would be mostly wasted. We enjoy eating together in the MDR, so a specialty restaurant probably isn't the best idea either. Not sure what else that leaves us?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

For my husband's Birthday I ordered him a cake to be delivered to our stateroom. We took it down to the MDR with us so we could all have some. They also sang to him and made a big deal out of it. It was fun, and the cake was delicious.

SaveSave

SaveSave