Questions - Prescription injection

sweetmelissa

Good morning,

I searched the NCL website, but could not find anything on this. My husband has a prescription injection that he administers to himself once every 2 weeks. We leave in 8 days and the timing for this prescription falls during our cruise.

A couple of questions:

1. Are we going to have any issues carrying this onto the ship?
  2. How do we handle the sharps disposal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Melissa

Good morning,

I searched the NCL website, but could not find anything on this. My husband has a prescription injection that he administers to himself once every 2 weeks. We leave in 8 days and the timing for this prescription falls during our cruise.

A couple of questions:

1. No, as a diabetic on a pump I can attest. Keep it in your carry on and labeled with the prescription label.

2. The cabin steward will arrange for a sharps container

You need to get a hold of the special needs department asap, they can get you a container to dispose of needle.

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

No reason to contact Special Needs. If there is no Sharps container in your cabin your cabin steward will get one for you.

No problem carrying the syringe/needle onboard. Just put it in your carry on with a copy of the Rx.

You should have no issue getting this on board. Are you flying? If so make sure you consider how you are packing the medicine/needle. I was on an injection med that needed to be kept refrigerated. I took it carry on, as you should with any prescription meds, and had to tell TSA before going through so they could examine and clear me to go through.

Good morning,

A couple of questions:

Melissa

the injections come with a little travel info as long as you have that and make sure you properly transport it (a cooler if it's something like humira ) then you shouldn't have any problems

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

For years, I've required a weekly IV Infusion of a particular medication for a genetic disease. Each weekly dosage requires 4 boxes of medication that contain two vials each, all of which require refrigeration. My wife and I have hauled this stuff around on cruise ships for years, including NCL, without any issues. For our retirement, we booked three weeks aboard the Jade out of Rome and Venice doing the Eastern Med. I called the NCL Concierge Desk before we left telling them what we would need for our suite, including an empty fridge and sharps container. When we boarded the Jade and arrived at the Suite, everything was there as requested. In fact, there was a second fridge installed just for our medication. You just can't ask for better service than that!:D