Recent cruise on Eclipse

jjwoben1

Tony is leaving on vacation Jan 21/18.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for checking. Like you said I've always had a good experience with the wait staff in Luminae. I had seen your review and one from the prior sailing both calling out Tony and Victor as excellent choices.

We were on Eclipse last week, Concierge not suite. Our sommelier in MDR never let our glasses empty. Two on Premium & two on classic package. Wait service was excellent, if a bit slow. We had plenty of interaction with the officers & thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, only negative was the scarcity of Crown Royal & that bartenders thought bourbon or Jameson was an acceptable option 🤢

I really wish there was a "Like" button.

Pete, thanks for this.

We were also on the TA that Pete mentions and totally agree with his comments. This was our 18th X cruise and one the best TA’s. We were not in a suite, concierge class for us. We ate in a speciality restaurant 9 nights out of the 15 we were on board and were very happy with the service and food. We do not cruise exclusively with Celebrity but definitely would put them at no 1 in our choice of cruise line.

I rarely post but decided to this time. We have taken the same Southern Caribbean 2 week cruise for over 5 years on the Eclipse. Have not been disappointed until this year. The standards of service in the suites was definitely not the same as last year. our butler definitely needed some more training...had to ask for things like laundry bags, shoe shine bags, soap, shower gel and beach towels. Had to request stained shower curtain to be replaced at start of cruise. Cabin was kept clean and requests were responded to within a day or so even though they should not have had to be made.

Luminae was great as usual, except for the incredible lack of attention from sommelier. Two are really needed at dinnertime. The few times we dined with friends in the MDR, the result was the same: not much attention from sommelier and there should be at least two or three in MDR to provide attentive service. Meals in Luminae were superb as were the staff, particularly Tony, Nina and Nenad( not sure of spelling but he is from Serbia). No request was forgotten and service was impeccable.

Colleen in the Spa was also great; she was quick and knoweledgeable.....did not use other services. Husband had a massage and said he was not overly impressed with service including lack of offering water at end of massage.

Captain and immediate staff not overly as visible as before; however, in general staff all over the ship was very friendly and helpful. But we were used previously to having needs anticipated and this time they were not.

We enjoyed the cruise...who wouldn't....but were disappointed at the downturn in service and amenities. Nothing major, just small things that add up.

We are sailing on the Eclipse in Jan. who is the Michael's club rep? Thanks

More first world problems.

Stay in an inside, You'll have less to be disappointed about and a lot more money to spend on more cruises.

If you do not get cabin fever! IMO not worth the "savings". Michael's club, the larger airy suite cabin with a balcony is the only way to go. Enjoy Lumine and the other suite perks. If the suite doesn't work with your budget- book a standard balcony cabin. Enjoy.

Randy

If you don't mind could you check if Toni in the World Class Bar will still be on board throughout February.

We'll be sailing on the Eclipse for the whole month and last year we really enjoyed having him there. He's a GREAT guy!!

You can say hello from Allan and Karen (we were there every evening for a month so he might remember)

Thanks!

I have been checking name tags today and haven’t seen one that says Toni. I have just seen 2 men to date. To make my search a little easier, is Toni a woman?

Randy

I have been checking name tags today and haven’t seen one that says Toni. I have just seen 2 men to date. To make my search a little easier, is Toni a woman?

Randy

Toni is a tall, thin male with a huge smile who works in the World Class Bar.

Thanks for checking.

Don’t understand the dirty shower curtain in the Suite. We have never had a shower curtain in a Suite. We have always had a shower with a door. Is this something new, we even had a door when we were in Aqua class.

Sky suites have a glass wall and a shower curtain

Toni is a tall, thin male with a huge smile who works in the World Class Bar.

Thanks for checking.

Stopped in at the World Class Bar last night and just missed Toni. We asked about his next scheduled vacation and it appears as if it is Jan 21/17.

Randy