Tragic Tour bus crash on the way to Chaccoben

JayDeeJay

have I missed the post? In the news today is the report of a tragic tour bus roll over out of Mahual, Costa Maya. So far they’ve reported 12 fatalities and 13 injured. Passengers on the bus are from two Royal Caribbean ships. We’ve been on that tour, the road is flat as an ironing board and straight as is someone drew the line with a ruler. Report says swerve marks were all over the road. Can’t imagine the cause. Watching for more info.

Prayers and best thoughts for everyone (and families) involved.

It's well covered on the Royal Caribbean board, Celebrity board, and Ask a Cruise Question. Member on Celebrity board lost a brother and sister-in-law. Fatalities were the tour guide and passengers from Equinox. Serenade of the Seas had four injured. EM

have I missed the post? In the news today is the report of a tragic tour bus roll over out of Mahual, Costa Maya. So far they’ve reported 12 fatalities and 13 injured. Passengers on the bus are from two Royal Caribbean ships. We’ve been on that tour, the road is flat as an ironing board and straight as is someone drew the line with a ruler. Report says swerve marks were all over the road. Can’t imagine the cause. Watching for more info.

Prayers and best thoughts for everyone (and families) involved.

You can see the existing threads here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2575647

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2575725

While this accident is very sad, especially at Christmas time, I am appalled by the Mexico bashing comments posted on social media. We have done this tour and had a wonderful day. The area is very rural and the road and the bus we were on was in good shape when we went. We specifically booked 2 upcoming cruises (RCCL Liberty of the Seas in May 2018 and Carnival Vista in January 2019) because they are going to Costa Maya. It is one of my favorite ports, but of course you need to leave the pier to get the full experience.

The only acceptable response is to express condolences for the loss of the deceased, the injuries of the survivors, and the grief and shock of the families.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh please don't think you have the authority to tell anyone what an "acceptable response" is. This is a public board, any response within the guidelines of the TOA is "acceptable". :rolleyes: