aft cabins wassup?

From what I understand, the balcony of an aft cabin is muuuuch bigger - this I get - what else is so great about them? The view? Less noise/vibration?(I've yet to feel vibration or hear noise in the middle of the ship) so....why are they so much sought after. Just need to know. Always planning for the next cruise!!!

...they do seem more private...we love them...had afts on Explorer and Mariner and booked 3 afts on Freedom as soon as rooms became available for a trip in feb 07...I think the view off the back when theres a full moon available can't be beat..we prefer the 10th deck, so there's no one lookin' down on us...nick

no engine noise, as we had on Celelbrity Summit. Like the USA Trojan marching band's bass drummer playing away for 14 nights. Then the noise of a 10 floor bar with teak flooring & havy wooden table & chairs that sound like a war zone. Then to top that they pressure wash the bar at 2 & 5AM flooding the balcony with the filth of up there & at over 90 degrees it is very unhealthy on CC AFT on 9th floor.

So husband stated no more AFT! But this is RCCL not "X". So I am asking before we get another loser cabin. I notice on Voyager & Freedom AFT is JS & a few D1's.

Hey Dptyjoker...do you have any photos of your aft cabin aboard the Enchantment? We just booked JS cabin #8670.

Can't wait!! We've heard the cabins are all the rage, so we just had to see what the excitement was about. I'm sure we won't be disapointed.

Lisa

My little imput. We did Empress JS aft. It was significantly smaller than the side JS I visited someone in. We did not have a couch and smaller closet space. But I absolutely loved the view looking out the back and worth smaller area. Especially liked the fact being in port you had a view of something no matter which side the ship was docked on.

I know i know Empress is a small ship. But this leads to a related question. Are all aft cabins smaller than other balcony cabins on ships? I notice on layouts that they are usually shaped differently

Afraid I Got really spoiled having aft on my first cruise

Hey Dptyjoker...do you have any photos of your aft cabin aboard the Enchantment? We just booked JS cabin #8670.

Can't wait!! We've heard the cabins are all the rage, so we just had to see what the excitement was about. I'm sure we won't be disapointed.

Lisa

We have 8170 booked on the Enchantment - I'd love to see pictures! :)

Well I have not stayed in an aft. and I don´t want one. To me it´s anything in the middle of the ship on the highest cabin deck I look for.

I really don´t care for the aft. though I have one on my next cruise. Nothing else available at time of booking but checking daily for something better to switch too.

frogfuzz-The difference in size must be only on Empress and/or the older, smaller ships. We've had E1's and D1's both aft and side, as well as JS both aft and side and all of ours were the same size cabin when comparing E's to E's, D's to D's and JS's to JS's. These were on Rhapsody, Voyager, Brilliance, and Navigator.

frogfuzz-The difference in size must be only on Empress and/or the older, smaller ships. We've had E1's and D1's both aft and side, as well as JS both aft and side and all of ours were the same size cabin when comparing E's to E's, D's to D's and JS's to JS's. These were on Rhapsody, Voyager, Brilliance, and Navigator.

Are you sure both aft and side cabins(D1's) are the same size on Rhapsody, the deck plans in the RCCL Brochure Booklet sure make the aft cabins look smaller then the side ones.

Jimbo:)

From what I understand, the balcony of an aft cabin is muuuuch bigger - this I get - what else is so great about them? The view? Less noise/vibration?(I've yet to feel vibration or hear noise in the middle of the ship) so....why are they so much sought after. Just need to know. Always planning for the next cruise!!!

The view! And even better are the aft corner wrap-a-round balconies with a 270 degree field of view.

Love the aft cabin, have had it 2 times now and have booked a aft cabin for next years cruise. We like the aft corner room, on some floors on some ships the room is smaller but then it also cost less. With the corner room you get a view out the back and one side of the ship.

Ckrobyn, check out this link to Doug's photos of the exact cabin you're going to be in!

http://community.webshots.com/album/518408478LjGzmW/4

Go to page 5, and the third photo starts the sequence of photos of cabin #8170.

Enjoy!! I'm sure you'll love it. We are booked in #8670, just three doors down from you on 12/4/06. :D

Than you for all of your input. As a few of you have said, I'm thinking an aft cabin corner would be the perfect choice, as you would have the best of both worlds in terms of being able to see out the side and the back.

That is true only for the aft corner cabins - and those are very popular.

My little imput. We did Empress JS aft. It was significantly smaller than the side JS I visited someone in. We did not have a couch and smaller closet space. But I absolutely loved the view looking out the back and worth smaller area. Especially liked the fact being in port you had a view of something no matter which side the ship was docked on.

I know i know Empress is a small ship. But this leads to a related question. Are all aft cabins smaller than other balcony cabins on ships? I notice on layouts that they are usually shaped differently

Afraid I Got really spoiled having aft on my first cruise

We are in a JS aft cabin in Nov. 9,2006. What deck were you on? We are on deck 9 and share the aft of the ship with only a OS.

Thanks for answering, we really want to know. The aft cabin we had on the Radiance was great. The deck was 2-3 times the size of a side cabin.

We were on #7. You could have a totally different set up if you are only sharing with OS. our deck just big enough for 2 chairs and a table, but still great view. I didn't have anything to compare to. hope you enjoy your cruise !

Thanks! We love the aft cabin and will only get a balcony stateroom if is is aft or on the hump. We feel it is too breezy on the side of the ship when the ship is moving. No so on the aft or hump cabins. Thanks again!

Archived