Christmas on a cruise ship

Peachypooh

Just wanted to know if anyone would care to share their experience of being on a cruise ship over Christmas.

One year we flew to Hawaii and spent Christmas there and it was one of our best Christmases ever!

I know ultimately Christmas is what you yourself make of it but what are the pros and cons of spending it

on a cruise ship? Thanks.

It has been many years since we spent Christmas on a cruise ship. We did a Mexican Rivera and though we had fun with another couple we met pre-cruise and did tours with I still missed friends and family celebrating together. The ship was festive and everyone was in a great holiday mood. There was a special Christmas dinner which made the day fun and many passengers wished each other Merry Christmas. I felt passengers and crew made it a wonderful time for us.

We did one Christmas cruise and will never do another one again. The main problem was parents not controlling the kids/teenagers properly. They where supposed to be in Kids Club or their cabins after 10PM. Security was constantly chasing them around at midnight.

It is a magical time of year, sharing the holidays with people from around the world. Each with their own cultures and religious beliefs.

Yeah,,, there are those who will like up at guest services complaining tjat there are not church aervices for their particular beliefs. You just smile and wish them a happy holiday season.

Happiness is being on a warm beach without worrying about cooking a big dinner and cleaning up afterwards.

Is it possible that a ship will be at max capacity? If that is "overcrowded" then I guess there could be quite a few of those. We've cruised once over Christmas and the ship we were on was beautifully decorated and there were not a "lot of kids" out of control. I think the latter may be a function of which cruise ship/cruise line you pick.

Is it possible that a ship will be at max capacity? If that is "overcrowded" then I guess there could be quite a few of those. We've cruised once over Christmas and the ship we were on was beautifully decorated and there were not a "lot of kids" out of control. I think the latter may be a function of which cruise ship/cruise line you pick.

We went on Princess and no issues with kids being out of control. In fact I remember a young boy and his mom dressed for dinner every night and very polite who sat at an adjoining table at dinner. We complimented the mom on good home training. She in turn said her Dad also gets credit for teaching her son manners. I still remember this after many years.

Did a Christmas cruise last year. Yes it was crowded. Yes there were a lot of children. Did we have fun? Absolutely. Most of the people we met do a Christmas cruise every year. As long as you have realistic expectations you will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the NCL Star on December 22 (7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise). I know it wasn't Christmas but I can tell you the ship had many Christmas Trees and decorations throughout the ship. There was a mix of Christmas music played in various locations on the ship as well. The in room TV had a dedicated channel to Christmas/Holiday movies playing everything from Elf to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)