New Years Day & Black Eyed Peas?

gotta cruise again

Black eyed peas seems to be a southern US tradition as growing up I had never heard of it. After moving to the southwest I learned about it but still do not practice it. I had heard in other posts that they do offer black eyed peas on New Years day. So I hope your DH gets some but he can have it all. :D

I don't know if they do, but it would definitely be in their interest for Princess to serve black eyed peas on New Years Day.

If you eat black-eyed peas on New Years Day, then you will have money throughout the year. If I have money throughout the year, then I will spend a bunch of it on more cruises.:) If I don't eat black-eyed peas on New Years Day, then I will not have the money to go on more cruises.:(

I don't know if they do, but it would definitely be in their interest for Princess to serve black eyed peas on New Years Day.

If you eat black-eyed peas on New Years Day, then you will have money throughout the year. If I have money throughout the year, then I will spend a bunch of it on more cruises.:) If I don't eat black-eyed peas on New Years Day, then I will not have the money to go on more cruises.:(

Princess should send a coupon for a can of black eyed peas to every former passenger.

to be served by Gwen Stefani...:cool:

Black eyed peas seems to be a southern US tradition as growing up I had never heard of it. After moving to the southwest I learned about it but still do not practice it. I had heard in other posts that they do offer black eyed peas on New Years day. So I hope your DH gets some but he can have it all. :D

As an adult, there's two foods that will never touch my lips. Black eyed peas and liver and onions. I've never seen them on any cruise, there must be a reason why!

For us, we used fresh black eyed peas, NEVER canned!! They are cooked with stock and bacon--yum. And yes, we are from the south. Though DH isn't superstitious, if more money for cruising came our way, he sure wouldn't turn it down LOL !!

Since grits are sometimes seen on the menu, maybe they'll have the black eyed peas for New Years Day...

As an adult, there's two foods that will never touch my lips. Black eyed peas and liver and onions. I've never seen them on any cruise, there must be a reason why!

Isn't that three things? :confused:

Everybody doesn't like something. :(

Our New Year’s Day dinner -black eyed peas, cooked cabbage and cornbread -it has been the same for over 60 years. It is suppose to bring good luck,good health and good wealth. Maybe one day😥. We use-dried beans. Definitely not from a can and didn’t care for the fresh peas

Exactly, have black eyed peas and turnip greens on New Years day and you will have money all year. Has always worked for me and I’m not taking any chances.

YUM!! DH isn't into cabbage but I'd love to have these 3 all together...maybe they'll have them all on the cruise (though I don't remember ever seeing cornbread ever served, but could have missed it).

We have seen cornbread squares in the buffet on some of our cruises

I agree wholeheartedly. My parents used to eat liver and onions on occasion but even the smell of my mother cooking that stuff was nauseating. I would leave the house. One other item which I had never seen or heard about until moving to the southwest was grits. I find them tasteless and notice that those that love them usually have them literally floating in butter (my heart just skipped a beat thinking about eating it).

To the poster that claimed there were three items in the original post, there were only two: black eyed peas and "liver and onions". Liver and onions is a single disgusting dish. :)

Isn't that three things? :confused:

Everybody doesn't like something. :(

Liver and onions is one dish, black eyed peas is the second dish and neither will I ever eat. Just thinking about it makes me wanna hurl. True dat, everybody doesn't like something, and there's a reason why Princess doesn't have those items on the menu. :eek: