Escape Info/Tips

bbryan5

I’m sure I could go scouring for an hour, but three questions for now

99 days!

1. Like on other ships are there any sail away places up front though a *secret door*?

2. Our meet and greet seems to be through FB, which we refuse to do....how do we see the activities, other than post questions repeatedly on CC? Like when and where.

3. New to us, but we have to book comedians ahead of time? On line or in person? Can you ever just go?

Thanks! :cool:

I'm afraid I don't know an answer to 1.,

As for 2 there should be a roll call here and someone organising a meet & greet once a sufficient number have subscribed. I will say that the roll call for my cruise next month is fairly quiet compared to the one for my first day last May. But post there and see if it starts to get going. NCL want to keep CC users happy as they know we are likely to be very public about complaints.

3. So for the levity comedians you need to prebook through the box office onboard. You should also be able to book them through the iConcierge app, smart TV in your room, or the screens dotted around the ship. You can't book howl at the moon at all, that one is first come first served. But that show is also a long one so you have folks who will leave and they also allow you to stand. The headliners venue is quite small. I didn't try to go to any of the levity comedians so I'm not sure about chances of empty seats.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

As far as the Meet & Greet, as long as you know when / where it is, just show up and you'll be able to join in on whatever activities they have planned...

I’m sure I could go scouring for an hour, but three questions for now

99 days!

1. Like on other ships are there any sail away places up front though a *secret door*?

2. Our meet and greet seems to be through FB, which we refuse to do....how do we see the activities, other than post questions repeatedly on CC? Like when and where.

3. New to us, but we have to book comedians ahead of time? On line or in person? Can you ever just go?

A reservation guarantees you a seat. However. If you don’t have one, you can show up early and wait in the stand by line (all shows with reservations will have a stand by line)...I’ve always gotten a seat this way. YMMV.

Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as the Meet & Greet, as long as you know when / where it is, just show up and you'll be able to join in on whatever activities they have planned...

The poster doesn't know when any of the activities are happening because they are not posting or responding to her questions on Cruise Critic.

The poster doesn't know when any of the activities are happening because they are not posting or responding to her questions on Cruise Critic.

Usually they are first sea day on the Escape at noon in the District Brewhouse. It will have a 'closed for private function' sign.

• 2 months later...

I think the OP is looking for more info on the Xscape.

What I can say about the Xcape is that, now that I’ve been on it, I have a high standard for what I’ll go on again. I am avoiding another cruises until I can get on a ship that offers as good value as the Xcape. I have the option of going back on the Epic this summer but now that I’ve tasted the quality of a ship like Xcape, I’m just not interested.

Sadly, the only other good, Big and new Ship doing routes I want this summer (ie. southern Europe) is Royal’s Symphony of the Seas, and it would be minimum $4000 for me to go solo on board the Symphony. MSC’s Seaview looks nice but they don’t really offer the kind of daily program that NCL has, and no drinks package.

So, I’d say you’ve got a good thing going if you’re booked on the Xcape and I think you’ll have a great time.

So glad that I found this thread as I will be on the Escape 4/14!! Also glad to hear that the MDR is open on embarkation day as I really don't enjoy eating at the buffet. When I cruise I want to be waited on and really don't want to serve myself. This bit of news really made my day!!

I am debating on spending $99 on Vibe as I like to sit by the pool for several hours and read. When I get hot I like to cool off in the pool and since Vibe only has hot tubs that doesn't sound very refreshing. But I do like the idea of having only 70 people (hopefully no kids) in that area and having your own bar. Can someone tell me if the pool area is close to Vibe? If it is then maybe I will buy the pass and then walk to the pool to cool off.

This will be my first solo cruise on NCL and my first cruise on the Escape. I did sail on the Epic but that was with a friend several years ago. And since the Epic is a totally different animal than the Escape I' m really looking forward to exploring it. You all have helped me out with different places to explore so thank you.

So glad that I found this thread as I will be on the Escape 4/14!! Also glad to hear that the MDR is open on embarkation day as I really don't enjoy eating at the buffet. When I cruise I want to be waited on and really don't want to serve myself. This bit of news really made my day!!

I am debating on spending $99 on Vibe as I like to sit by the pool for several hours and read. When I get hot I like to cool off in the pool and since Vibe only has hot tubs that doesn't sound very refreshing. But I do like the idea of having only 70 people (hopefully no kids) in that area and having your own bar. Can someone tell me if the pool area is close to Vibe? If it is then maybe I will buy the pass and then walk to the pool to cool off.

This will be my first solo cruise on NCL and my first cruise on the Escape. I did sail on the Epic but that was with a friend several years ago. And since the Epic is a totally different animal than the Escape I' m really looking forward to exploring it. You all have helped me out with different places to explore so thank you.

Spice H2O is adults only and has a waterfall fountain for cooling off as well as hot tubs. And it’s FREE. The pools have kids (sometimes lots of them). IMHO your best bet is H2O (more $ for drinks [emoji483])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you use SDP for pincho??

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Teppanyaki, Los Lobos, Q Steakhouse, Margaritaville at Sea and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (Seafood Platter not included)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Teppanyaki, Los Lobos, Q Steakhouse, Margaritaville at Sea and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (Seafood Platter not included)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

Ahhh...fantastic! Thanks