? About Unlimited Soda and More

sailingwithfriends

When I was on the Star over Thanksgiving, there was no tumbler with the soda & more package. I was told if I wanted a tumbler, I had to go buy one in the ship store. I was surprised and asked at the IC, Passenger Services Desk, and where I bought the sticker and was told, “No tumbler.” I had lots of OBC so I did buy one and it was refilled as often as I wanted.

On Royal Princess last month saws lots and lots of people walking around with tumblers. I presume they all had purchased Soda and More as I with the PBP did not receive one. But that turned out fine because when I would switch from an adult beverage to soda they would bring me one in the large plastic glasses found in the HC (in other restaurants and bars as well). Just as large and easier to drink from than the tumbler.

And I do believe that only fountain sodas would be dispensed into the tumbler, not mocktails or juices. Though easy enough to just pour from the barware to the tumbler if so inclined.

We got them on the Caribbean Princess in November. Much better to use that than the tiny glasses from the bar or dining room. With those little glasses there was no fizz in the soda. With the big tumbler, there was.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

They had them on the Grand in November for our cruise. I've always gotten one free with the soda card. It's nice during the day when you're out and about on the ship. At night though, I don't like carrying those tumblers around so I just get soda from the bar in the smaller glasses.

on Crown 11/13 , I had the PBP , wife was Pay per. We were leaving our cabin the 3rd night, and somebody from Princess was walking down the hall with 2 tumblers and stated, here, you were supposed to get these? WTH?? - uh, OK... now remembering back, when I refared one time, the Princess agent was going over everything to be included, and stated something like,, and your wife's birthday surprise - which had always been a cake card. Who knows - we got the two tumblers and used them the rest of the cruise, and only had to pay one time for my wife's coke. ah, Princess

so yes to the tumblers

Bizarre but... Typical Princess. Many times it has been noted that the most consistent thing in the Princess fleet is the lack of consistency. I've only had the Soda and More package once (I laughed to see it was still using the UKP - Ultimate Kid's Package sticker) but I did get a tumbler. I never used it but my wife glommed onto it right away for getting iced tea from HC. She loved it and took it on the next cruise as well. I just asked her and she still has it in the cupboard.

• 1 month later...
If I bring my own non-Princess tumbler will they use it? Wha do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Daughter brought her 20 (maybe 24) oz insulated tumbler featuring her favorite super hero. No problems getting it filled.

And yes, as I posted on the other thread, soda and more includes milkshakes and malts from the ice cream outlet.

The soda package does not include milkshakes or malts, unfortunately. It does include mocktails though.

When did that change? It did on our last cruise. You are right--the milkshakes are no longer listed as part of the package on the Princess web site. I'll need to warn the girls before our next cruise. Darn, first they get rid of the "soda only" package, then they decrease what is included with the "and more."

When did that change? It did on our last cruise. You are right--the milkshakes are no longer listed as part of the package on the Princess web site. I'll need to warn the girls before our next cruise. Darn' date=' first they get rid of the "soda only" package, then they decrease what is included with the "and more."[/quote']

It has been more than two years since milkshakes began disappearing from the online descriptions of the Soda and More package. But some ships continued to honor it, and there were reports that the description of the package when purchased through the Cruise Personalizer still mentioned milk shakes for some cruises. The reports in earnest of shakes no longer being included even with proof that it was in the description at time of purchase seems to began sometime late last Spring (there was a long angry thread at the time from someone who bought the S&M for all of their kids if memory serves)

It appears that simultaneous with the change from the AIBP to the PBP that elimination of milkshakes from the S&M across the board became final. Same with Gelato no longer included with the Coffee Card.

On Royal Princess last month saws lots and lots of people walking around with tumblers. I presume they all had purchased Soda and More as I with the PBP did not receive one. But that turned out fine because when I would switch from an adult beverage to soda they would bring me one in the large plastic glasses found in the HC (in other restaurants and bars as well). Just as large and easier to drink from than the tumbler.

And I do believe that only fountain sodas would be dispensed into the tumbler, not mocktails or juices. Though easy enough to just pour from the barware to the tumbler if so inclined.

I had the Soda and More Package November 2016 on the Golden Princess, and got 2 separate Mocktails from different bars to try, and my provided tumbler was used. hTH. I personally wasn't impressed with the Mocktails, 1 too sweet and the other rather sour (my opinion, other people might describe the taste as tangy).