RCI site is not user friendly! Explain dining please!

I haven’t been on RC since 2010 and I am used to Disney. We are sailing in a GS and our reservation says dining at 6:30. Does that mean our main dining every night is at 6:30 in the same dining room? And, if we decide we want to try a specialty restaurant with a GS we can make a reservation day of if we want? I’m used to rotational dining on Disney and making a reservation months in advance for the specialty restaurants. TIA!

I haven’t been on RC since 2010 and I am used to Disney. We are sailing in a GS and our reservation says dining at 6:30. Does that mean our main dining every night is at 6:30 in the same dining room? And, if we decide we want to try a specialty restaurant with a GS we can make a reservation day of if we want? I’m used to rotational dining on Disney and making a reservation months in advance for the specialty restaurants. TIA!

Yes, if you have fixed traditional dining, it will be at the same table in the same dining room every night.

You can try to make reservations the same day, but if a certain day/time is important to you, I'd make th reservation ahead of time.

Traditional seating is at a set time....you can request to be alone, if you don't want tablemates. We actually request a large table so we can have tablemates! If you are seated alone, there is no need to inform anyone if you decide to eat elsewhere some nights. If you do have tablemates, it's nice to let them know (if you know in advance) that you won't be joining them the next night.)

Whether you have early or late traditional or My Time Dining, the menu is the same, as is the suggested dress. Everyone is in the same dining room, albeit in separate sections.