Navigator questions

dlwfarm

im going on the navigator in a week. I have a couple of questions.

Where can you get food or snacks that are free on board besides MDR and the windjammer. Anywhere there is scones or other neat desserts.

Is there herbal tea like chamomile free of charge in windjammer?

Any neat spots to go outside and watch the waves or places very few people know about?

Thank you! Mary

Cafe Promenade is open for snacks almost 24 hours. Desserts too.

There are various teas available in Windjammer and Cafe Promenade, but if you are particular, I'd bring your own. The supply of any particular variety is not dependable.

Outside promenade on deck 4 can be very nice at times.

Thanks for the info. We usually go carnival. Does it have pizza or ice cream 24 hours a day?

Pizza slices are available at Cafe Promenade almost 24 hours. "Free" soft serve ice cream (frozen dessert mix) is available on the pool deck during limited hours.

Thanks for the info. We usually go carnival. Does it have pizza or ice cream 24 hours a day?

The pizza is no where near as good as Carnival, so just be prepared for that. As I have said on each cruise.. "I will not be eating any of that pizza this time." and then late night comes, and I am hungry, and I have a slice or two and complain about it to my partner the whole time. :rolleyes:

Pizza slices are available at Cafe Promenade almost 24 hours. "Free" soft serve ice cream (frozen dessert mix) is available on the pool deck during limited hours.

And in Windjammer during limited hours too. They have two machines on either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Navigator have soft serve machines on the pool deck and in Windjammer?

Yes. It looks like there are two machines on pool deck, but I have only seen one open on this cruise, and there are two in Windjammer - near soda dispensers. I am not sure that there are always cones there, or if there are always on.

No freestyle machines though [emoji30]

Yes. It looks like there are two machines on pool deck, but I have only seen one open on this cruise, and there are two in Windjammer - near soda dispensers. I am not sure that there are always cones there, or if there are always on.

No freestyle machines though [emoji30]

Thanks for the update, I did not recall the machines inside WJ. I thought maybe they had moved the pool machines inside.

Yes, soft serve in the WJ.

Bob's answers are spot-on. Pizza and dessert in the Cafe Promenade, 4th floor for chilling and watching the waves.

Tea is plentiful in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade, but tea drinkers seemed disappointed by it.

... Tea is plentiful in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade, but tea drinkers seemed disappointed by it.

I would agree with that. The Tetlley is very good, if there's any around. The other brand (First Tea?) is weak. and I generally have to use two bags to get much flavor.

I've read many comments on here about bad pizza on RCI, I tried it a couple times in the WJ and it was just so-so. Recently on the Liberty, I tried a slice in the Cafe Promenade, was killing time before going to MTD. I ended up eating 5 slices until DW told me it was time to go to MDR. I thought the pizza there was pretty good. :D

I've read many comments on here about bad pizza on RCI, I tried it a couple times in the WJ and it was just so-so. Recently on the Liberty, I tried a slice in the Cafe Promenade, was killing time before going to MTD. I ended up eating 5 slices until DW told me it was time to go to MDR. I thought the pizza there was pretty good. :D

That's encoraging, maybe they have improved the pizza.

And in Windjammer during limited hours too. They have two machines on either side.

Don't they have the Soft Serve ice cream machines in Windjammer only on Radiance Class, otherwise they are outside on the pool deck which on Voyager and Freedom classes is just outside of Windjammer?

That's encoraging, maybe they have improved the pizza.

Regarding the pizza, my son ordered pizza one night in MDR, and it was not very good. He had it one night in WJ, and it looked better, and he just ate three pieces in CP and it was even better. They are probably all the same pizza, but it definitely can taste better depending on where you get it...lol

On Navigator last month, they definitely had them both in the WJ and on the pool deck. And they were in little tucked back alcoves rather than out in the middle of the pool deck which actually helped traffic flow a little bit as well.

Yes. We are on Navigator now. I like the out-of-the-way location, as the spilled ice cream is also kept out of the normal traffic flow. I just wished they had some place else open late at night for snacks - besides CP. I thought I remembered going to WJ later one evening on one cruise, but it seems like it closes at 9pm on the last two cruises.

Regarding the pizza, my son ordered pizza one night in MDR, and it was not very good. He had it one night in WJ, and it looked better, and he just ate three pieces in CP and it was even better. They are probably all the same pizza, but it definitely can taste better depending on where you get it...lol

I’m on Navigator at the moment and I am with your son, for some reason the pizza in CP tastes the best. I was pleasantly surprised.

The pizza in the MDR is different from CP/Sorrentos. Every time my son ordered it (and I don't know how he ate it) it was a thick pasty looking crust woth something that only vaguely looked lile melted cheese. CP at least looks like pizza.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Ah, thanks. I did not really pay attention to what he got in MDR, but this makes sense. I tried one bite of what he got in MDR and it was awful. I tried a bite of the pizza at CP (ok, maybe more than one bite), and it was very good.

The pizza in the MDR is different from CP/Sorrentos. Every time my son ordered it (and I don't know how he ate it) it was a thick pasty looking crust woth something that only vaguely looked lile melted cheese. CP at least looks like pizza.

Maybe they are microwaving it in the MDR kitchen.:eek: