Bangkok and Singapore Airport Transportation

Mylisa

Can anyone tell me the best and most reasonable way to get from

1. the airport in Bangkok to the Shengri la hotel.

2. And from the cruise ship in Singapore to the airport.

Thanks for your help.

Singapore...just take a taxi.

Get in the cab line in Bangkok BKK. Check that the meter is on. Cabs are inexpensive. Past few times we have paid about 500 baht to get to our hotel. About $15. I could be mistaken but we paid about the same from Don Muong DMG airport as well (this is mostly domestic and a some SEAsia arrivals.

Edited by iancal

We stayed in the shangri la last year, very nice, we had a deal that included the hotel limo, also very nice. There are some issues with taxis from the airport, it may have changed since last year, but then there was no check on what taxi you got into and so some passengers would have a problem with the driver asking for extra money/whatever along the way. There is a train but not all that convenient for the hotel. Suggest you check trip advisor for more recent info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone tell me the best and most reasonable way to get from

1. the airport in Bangkok to the Shengri la hotel.

2. And from the cruise ship in Singapore to the airport.

Thanks for your help.

Singapore cruise terminal is serviced by a nearby subway station which is a 10 minute walk from the ship. You would need to change train line once to get to the airport. Not recommended with luggage so just get a taxi at the cruise terminal.

Bangkok airport is also serviced by a subway station which would get you in to town but you would still need to get a taxi to the Shangrila Hotel. Once again not recommended with luggage so just get an airport taxi which will deliver you straight to the door.

Public transport is first class in Singapore. I catch a bus from airport to my hotel, and a bus from hotel to harbour front, from where the cruises depart. Of course if you have heavy luggage, taxi would be best.

Only a few smaller cruise ships now depart from Harbour Front in Singapore. Most leave from the new terminal at Marina Bay. I don't believe there are any buses that service the Marina Bay terminal but the subway train is a ten minute walk. Taxis are plentiful especially when a cruise ship arrives.

Only a few smaller cruise ships now depart from Harbour Front in Singapore. Most leave from the new terminal at Marina Bay. I don't believe there are any buses that service the Marina Bay terminal but the subway train is a ten minute walk. Taxis are plentiful especially when a cruise ship arrives.

Azamara Journey left from Harbourfront in December. However, when our previous cruise left from Marina Bay terminal, we took a taxi rather than the train.