Are there any benefits or extra savings for buying deluxe beverage package on board?

My final purchase will be the deluxe beverage package so I'll wait til the last minute hoping for a sale. I know they hawk the heck out of the package on board. Is there any benefit to buying on board?

Prices onboard are generally higher. In the $55.00 - $61.00 per day range depending on the ship and sail date.

My final purchase will be the deluxe beverage package so I'll wait til the last minute hoping for a sale. I know they hawk the heck out of the package on board. Is there any benefit to buying on board?

You dn't have to wait until the last minute. You can buy now and cancel and re-order if you see a lower price.

I always like to have everything paid for pre cruise too but RCI doesn’t seem to want diamond plus to do that with our discount

We are Diamon Plus and see no extra discount buying the drink package other than what you can prepurchase like everyone else. Some sailings have special discounts for everyone and other sailings do not. Like the previous comment, you can always cancel and rebut at a sale rate if offered.

We are Diamon Plus and see no extra discount buying the drink package other than what you can prepurchase like everyone else. Some sailings have special discounts for everyone and other sailings do not. Like the previous comment, you can always cancel and rebut at a sale rate if offered.

Just curious but do diamond plus ever get any special discounts on the premium drinks package? they already get free drinks at certain times anyway so a full priced package would be a waste of money,and discounted package would possibly also work out to be not so economical! So what I am saying is what is the point of RCI marketing offering a discount premium drinks package to those who are least likely to buy it.

I do not believe the drink package is discounted onboard the ship but you do get the option of purchasing the 10 drink packages ($85) which worked out much better for us. If you consider the fact you will likely not be using your drink drink package while in port and may not drink a full $50 or $60 of booze each day, they are an economical option.

Just curious but do diamond plus ever get any special discounts on the premium drinks package? they already get free drinks at certain times anyway so a full priced package would be a waste of money,and discounted package would possibly also work out to be not so economical! So what I am saying is what is the point of RCI marketing offering a discount premium drinks package to those who are least likely to buy it.

We just got off the Indy Christmas sailing and they "did not" offer any additional discount to Diamond Plus with the drink package. You are offered 40% off bottles of wine.

I guess the reason why some buy the package is simply for a wider choice menu. Free drinks are from 5-8pm ish and if you are not consuming at the lounge you are limited to 3 drinks per person. No frozen drinks, no fancy martinis, and great brand name wines, in addition to a limited beer choice so...... I guess it's up to you and your needs.

We just got off the Indy Christmas sailing and they "did not" offer any additional discount to Diamond Plus with the drink package. You are offered 40% off bottles of wine.

I guess the reason why some buy the package is simply for a wider choice menu. Free drinks are from 5-8pm ish and if you are not consuming at the lounge you are limited to 3 drinks per person. No frozen drinks, no fancy martinis, and great brand name wines, in addition to a limited beer choice so...... I guess it's up to you and your needs.

I’ve just went within 90 days of my cruise, 7 night on Allure and it’s sitting at $48/ day. Is this discounted already? If not, what’s the chances it will discount between now and saildate?

My price online was $48 until 30 days before sail date and then it went up to $55 and has not come back down again.

My sailing is from Australia though (but quoting $US) and the grats are included in the above prices,maybe different for you? if its $48 inc grats I would buy it now.