Carnival Hub for 2?

Buckimion

The hub app is free (download it before your cruise) but if you want to use the Chat function it will cost $5 per device, so $10 for you and your wife. Completely separate from the ship's wifi packages...

BTW I don't believe you can buy this option before you board...

$5 per phone. Download the app on both devices before you board the ship and activate once you are onboard. And be sure to log in and out frequently to refresh the messages.

(I don't quite understand why you have to do this last one but you do. Still a little glitch in the way the messages are delivered.)

$5 per phone. Download the app on both devices before you board the ship and activate once you are onboard. And be sure to log in and out frequently to refresh the messages.

(I don't quite understand why you have to do this last one but you do. Still a little glitch in the way the messages are delivered.)

I don’t think you need to log out if you just go to settings and tap (again) on wit-if. For us, anyway, it just occasionally dropped the ship wi-if. Also, always watch when sending a message that you see it is delivered. That’s your clue it it doesn’t deliver.

How reliable have any of you found the chat feature to be? I've read and been told by a friend that it is hit or miss.

It worked quite well for us but we did not use it a lot. As I posted above, you need to watch that texts are delivered when you send them.

On some ships there is a $5 a phone plan that you can text Any phone on the ship. It has its own texting app. So if you and wife pay $5 each you can text each other the whole cruise. We were two couples and that was the way we kept in touch.

On some ships there is a $5 a phone plan that you can text Any phone on the ship. It has its own texting app. So if you and wife pay $5 each you can text each other the whole cruise. We were two couples and that was the way we kept in touch.

That IS the chat feature on the Hub app.

Do they charge the $5 to your folio when activating this on our phones (already downloaded the app), or will we need to wait in customer service line to pay upon boarding?

How reliable have any of you found the chat feature to be? I've read and been told by a friend that it is hit or miss.

Unfortunately, not reliable. Last month on the Paradise, my daughter found me, Dad, Mom, I have been texting you for an hour. None of the messages had been delivered to us and there was no indication on her phone that they had not been and during this time we had sent many messages to each other that sent and received. Between the four of us this happened 5 times during the week. The hub app needs a notification that messages are not being received like text messaging has, but it does not and this happens often. Restarting the app on a regular basis seems to work though.

Even if you don't use the Chat function I think you'll really like the Hub app... it has the schedule, as you mentioned, but it also has maps of the ship, the menus in the MDR, a reminder function you can use to let you know when something you wanted to do is about to happen... we really liked it on our last cruise.