Caribbean Princess, muster drill, jackets Y or N

Arizona Cruz Chic

Yes, it can be annoying and a pain in the neck to put on the life jacket! But...does everyone know how to put on a life jacket? I've seen people struggle at a muster drill to put one on. Also, do they check every life jacket to make sure it's in working order? What happens in an emergency if one tries to put one on and a strap is broken? You don't really want to wait for an emergency to find out your life jacket is defective. We should all first take a few minutes to try it in on in your cabin.

Totally off subject, but my SIL has a friend who carries a life jacket in her car. Every time she crosses a bridge she stops, puts on the life jacket and takes it off when she gets to the other side.

I also have a friend who is terrified of water, she would do the same thing!

She was on her first (and last) cruise (1998) on RC Monarch of the Seas hit that sandbar in the middle of the night, it started to list, all pax had to be evacuated at 3- 4 am. To this day she will not go on a cruise.

Just off the CP. As of the December 20th sailing we were not required to bring life jackets to the drill. This was the first time this was the case for the new policy on that ship. It made a difference in that people were less encumbered when using the stairs after the drill... no loose straps and such. Also... didn't have to bring them back to that cabin after made more of a diverse exodus out of the stations with people going to the sail away, outrigger etc in a much more direct line. IMHO it was nice not to worry about te life jackets and it expedited the process in a good way. Two thumbs up!

This from a post from someone that got off CB on Dec 20th.....

Interesting: tomorrow’s events are already showing up on my phone, and I noticed that Muster Drill is now called Guest Safety Assembly, and you are no longer required to take your life jackets...

3df0dd30e59e1a288baaea0644bfe645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

I noticed your on the same sailing as us hopefully you’ll make our meet and greet at outriggers after muster.

Just off the CP.

Sorry to be picky but, when using ship abbreviations, I think it's important to use the right one. CP is Sea Princess. CB is Caribbean Princess. When looking on the Princess site you can select a ship and will find the abbreviation in the URL. For future reference:

· CB – Caribbean Princess

· CO – Coral Princess

· KP – Crown Princess

· DP – Dawn Princess

· DI – Diamond Princess

· EP – Emerald Princess

· NP – Golden Princess

· AP – Grand Princess

· IP – Island Princess

· RU – Ruby Princess

· SA – Sapphire Princess

· TP – Star Princess

· SP – Sun Princess

· CP – Sea Princess

· RP – Royal Princess

· GP – Regal Princess

· MJ – Majestic Princess

· YP – Sky Princess

· PA – Pacific Princess

Been reading about some of the ships not requiring to bring your life vest to the muster drill.

Has it gone fleet wide yet? Anyone recently on Caribbean Princess who can confirm Y or N on needing to bring them? Just curious, NP bringing, just easier without. :)

Embarked CP 20th Dec. 2017. Life vests were not required to be taken to muster station!

Yes, it can be annoying and a pain in the neck to put on the life jacket! But...does everyone know how to put on a life jacket? I've seen people struggle at a muster drill to put one on. Also, do they check every life jacket to make sure it's in working order? What happens in an emergency if one tries to put one on and a strap is broken? You don't really want to wait for an emergency to find out your life jacket is defective. We should all first take a few minutes to try it in on in your cabin.

You are, of course, totally correct. One should always check their cabin vests to be sure that they are in good condition. Why one wouldn't take the two minutes to check something so important is beyond my comprehension. But then, this is CC (cruise contrarians).

Thanks for posting this! EXCELLENT NEWS! :D

This from a post from someone that got off CB on Dec 20th.....

Interesting: tomorrow’s events are already showing up on my phone, and I noticed that Muster Drill is now called Guest Safety Assembly, and you are no longer required to take your life jackets...

3df0dd30e59e1a288baaea0644bfe645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

What about a glass breaker for when the car sinks? ;) :o

Every few months there is a story on the news of some (usually elderly) driver who goes into a canal.

I have 2 idea for this:

1) fender airbags

2) OnStar should phone for help if one's car's altitude goes negative

Every few months there is a story on the news of some (usually elderly) driver who goes into a canal.

I have 2 idea for this:

1) fender airbags

Fender airbags?

2) OnStar should phone for help if one's car's altitude goes negative

That might help find the car if it's totally out of sight although even a life jacket wouldn't do much good in that situation.