Oasis craft beer

I was on the Christmas cruise and discovered that they had Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA available for only $5.95 in the Globe and Atlas pub. It wasn't on the menu, but one of the bartenders was kind enough to mention it. Great price for a 9% ABV beer on a cruise ship, IMHO.

Cheers.

They also had it (Till we drank them all) on Anthem last March much to our surprise as it also wasn't listed. They said they get some in limited quantities every now and then, so they don't list it as regular stock. Another good reason to make friends with the the Barkeeps.(y):beer-mug:

b34a78ed97f2980958c23fc3e575e56e--bud-light-lime-beer-humor.jpg

dp

Edited by dpostman

Somewhat related, I saw an ad for the new Dog Fish Head 120 minute the other day. I grabbed a 4 pack (doesn't come in 6 packs due to the very high alcohol content?) in my local liquor store while buying wine without looking at the price. The checkout clerk scanned a couple of bottles of wine and then scanned the 120 minute. The next bottle of wine wouldn't scan for some reason so he was asking for help from the manager. I glanced at the cash register which read $35.99. I first thought this was the running total for all scanned items so far, but the numbers didn't add up. I asked the clerk and he said the 4 pack of 120 minute costs $35.99!!! That's worse than cruise ship pricing. I asked him to remove it from my order. :)

I made the mistake of asking for an IPA once. The bartender in the pub said they only had Longhammer. Not the best but I'll get by. In walks a guy who orders a Dogfish Head 90. [emoji849] Needless to say we switched it up pretty quick. A teaching moment for both bartender and customer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Somewhat related, I saw an ad for the new Dog Fish Head 120 minute the other day. I grabbed a 4 pack (doesn't come in 6 packs due to the very high alcohol content?) in my local liquor store while buying wine without looking at the price. The checkout clerk scanned a couple of bottles of wine and then scanned the 120 minute. The next bottle of wine wouldn't scan for some reason so he was asking for help from the manager. I glanced at the cash register which read $35.99. I first thought this was the running total for all scanned items so far, but the numbers didn't add up. I asked the clerk and he said the 4 pack of 120 minute costs $35.99!!! That's worse than cruise ship pricing. I asked him to remove it from my order. :)

You turned down a very good price. Many states, bc of the high alcohol content, only allow selling 120 by the bottle. In the DC area, 11.99 per bottle is typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You turned down a very good price. Many states, bc of the high alcohol content, only allow selling 120 by the bottle. In the DC area, 11.99 per bottle is typical.

Yep....our local pub charges $12.50 for a 120.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I believe it!! We tried that in Florida before and it was so awful I didn't want to drink it. My hubby strongly advised me to because it was "rare" and $10 for an 8 ounce drink 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on Oasis in April. First time on an RC cruise. Would someone know about how much beer pricing is? Trying to determine if it is worth getting the drink package. I know specialty and mixed drinks are usually $10 and up. Thanks in advance for any info.

We are sailing on Oasis in April. First time on an RC cruise. Would someone know about how much beer pricing is? Trying to determine if it is worth getting the drink package. I know specialty and mixed drinks are usually $10 and up. Thanks in advance for any info.

Beer is normally $6.50 to $8.50, plus 18%.

I believe it!! We tried that in Florida before and it was so awful I didn't want to drink it. My hubby strongly advised me to because it was "rare" and $10 for an 8 ounce drink 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

For 120 minute DFH, you need to let it age. People drinking 2011/2012 bottles recently talked about how good it was. It's also the beer to drink when you're at home and only having 1, with food.:eek:

• 1 month later...
Heading to OotS Sunday. Will report which bars and offerings and prices of craft beer on board when I get back. Stay tuned.:D

Curious to see what selection of craft beer you were able to find. I am an IPA fan so I would love to know what they had available.

Apologies,

Thought I had responded. But must have been on another thread.

All I discovered were Sierra Nevada Pale and Stones IPA. Both at the Globe and Atlas bar on Deck 5. Saw Sierra Nevada at one of the pool bars when passing by. Saw Stones no where else. No one had DFH120 or less. Red Stripe is at various places.

Apologies,

Thought I had responded. But must have been on another thread.

All I discovered were Sierra Nevada Pale and Stones IPA. Both at the Globe and Atlas bar on Deck 5. Saw Sierra Nevada at one of the pool bars when passing by. Saw Stones no where else. No one had DFH120 or less. Red Stripe is at various places.

Globe and Atlas had DFH90 (not on the menu, just ask the bartenders) in late February.

Let me know when Allagash or Cisco appears on the menus. Sailing on the Symphony next year and crossing my fingers that since Hooked is supposed to be "New England themed" will also theme some New England craft brews

Craft beer is practically nonexistent on RC. Sierra Nevada is mass market, certainly not craft. And Red Stripe? That's as common as a Heineken.

Technically, you have a point on SN. Same could be said about Stones. But never said Red Stripe was craft. Just that it was on board.

Here's a handy reference from Cruise Critic. I've always heard NCL is the go-to for quality beer - https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2120

And Carnival has Cigar City...NICE. RCI has some serious catching up to do.

Carnival's Vista, in addition to making it's own brews ( not the Bud brewed TRF) has a number of other craft beers from SaltWater Brewery and from Angels out of LA ( but brewed under contract at Florida Beer, I've heard) and a couple of others too.