Miami Hotel prior to Symphony Cruise

dedosr

All my other Cruises have been out of Ft Lauderdale, and I have my favorite hotels for the day before. First time sailing out Miami. Can anyone offer suggestions for a nice pre cruise hotel in Miami relatively close to the Cruise Port? Thanks!

We stayed at the "Epic". Omg...what a gorgeous hotel. Great service, beautiful rooms and breath-taking views on the water. 5 minutes from port. I watched for price drops and was able to book it for $129. Good luck to you!

PS: Able to watch the ships pull in (4 of them) from our room balcony.

Edited by champagne123

All my other Cruises have been out of Ft Lauderdale, and I have my favorite hotels for the day before. First time sailing out Miami. Can anyone offer suggestions for a nice pre cruise hotel in Miami relatively close to the Cruise Port? Thanks!

Try the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

I stayed last year at the Renaissance and it was decent for the price with some nice restaurants in the area. You may find flying into/staying at FLL a cheaper proposition and taking a shuttle to the port day-of, so your FLL hotels may also be an option.

Lots of suggestions for the Hampton Inn and other hotels in the Mary Brickell area of downtown Miami - many local dining and shopping options within walking distance.

Flying into MIA or FLL? :confused: Many choose to save $$ by flying into FLL, staying there, and then make their way from FLL area to POM the morning of their cruise.

Good luck with your planning! :)

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis (about four years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning)

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned). Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

We like staying at the Hilton Miami Downtown, super close to the Port. About a 5 minute drive. Last time I stayed there back in June, I was able to get a room facing the port and got to watch the ships pull in! Very nice hotel too!

Keith's list is spot on.

The options for hotels are endless in the Downtown Miami and Brickell area. They are very close to the port and its cheap taxi/uber ride away.

Check out your options for that night and then come back to us with a list of the hotels you are looking to book. A very popular one is the Hampton Inn Brickell. Usually good price, great location too. Holiday Inn Downtown Miami and YVE Hotel are other lower priced options.

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis (about four years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning)

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned). Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Great list!

Using Marriott points, is the JW Marriott on Brickell decent ? Have previously stayed at the Conrad, but they are booked.

thanks,

Mari

Thanks for all the suggestions. We booked the Hilton Double Tree Grand Biscane Bay with a bay view. Keeping an eye on any price drops at the Epic and Marriot Marquis.

Edited by dedosr

Hi Keith,

Great list!

Using Marriott points, is the JW Marriott on Brickell decent ? Have previously stayed at the Conrad, but they are booked.

thanks,

Mari

Yes, the JW Marriott on Brickell is nice!

Keith's list is great.

Also wanted to add Atton Brickell to the list as it's a new hotel chain to the US. I know 2 different people who stayed there over the holidays and both were very happy with the hotel.

A brand new Hyatt Centric is about to open this spring. It's in the back of the Panorama building which is located at 1101 Brickell Ave. It's right next door to the JW Marriott on Brickell but the hotel entrance is technically on Brickell Bay Drive.

https://brickellmiami.centric.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html