Popcorn Question

OCruisers

Is popcorn only served in the evening at MUTS? :confused:

... Or can you also get it at MUTS in the afternoon?

... Or when a movie is being shown in the Princess Theater, is popcorn available?

We've been on many Princess cruises but have never gone to a movie.

On our upcoming cruise there is one we'd like to see.

Sort of like eating popcorn while watching a movie.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated. :)

There was popcorn in the theater on the grand when we were there. Never even thought about eating it though. I'd rather have saved the space in my stomach for better food like substances.

And afternoon MUTS, although they showed movies, because it was day, with light all around, the screen was difficult to see. Not like you couldn't see the screen, details were lost and there were so many people around being loud, it was also hard to hear. Don't remember popcorn during the day shows though, could have been.

I've only seen popcorn at what they figure is the prime time show. I hope you try it. It's fun with blankets and almost a drive-in movie atmosphere.

Whenever there's a good movie (or an uninspiring Princess Theater show) we love MUTS, if the weather is right.

Jim

I've only seen popcorn at what they figure is the prime time show. I hope you try it. It's fun with blankets and almost a drive-in movie atmosphere.

Whenever there's a good movie (or an uninspiring Princess Theater show) we love MUTS, if the weather is right.

Jim

Jim, you certainly make it sound like Lots of Fun! :D

Where do they show films on the Royal, in the big theatre or Princess live? Thanks

Other than at MUTS I've never seen popcorn served at the movies on any Princess ship. Maybe they don't want to have to clean up the spilled popcorn after the movie?

On the Royal they only occasionally use the Princess live or the Show lounge theater for movies.

Perhaps with the new CD in charge lately they'll have more showings.

Edited by floridalover5623

The popcorn is awful - it's probably the worst popcorn I've ever had. (This was at MUTS on the Regal in Oct/Nov). The strange thing was, we saw all of these people eating popcorn but couldn't find where it was being handed out - then once we found it we wished that we hadn't.

But the movie, blankets, chairs, cookies, etc. were great.

... Or when a movie is being shown in the Princess Theater, is popcorn available?

On our upcoming cruise there is one we'd like to see.

Yes. Yes. Yes. :) But the popcorn is usually too salty. IMO.

Just wondering, if you’ve been on many Princess cruises, why haven’t you gone to any movies?

FWIW, I carry on a couple gallons of caramel corn when I board.

Good luck. Enjoy your cruise. And go see some movies. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Just wondering, if you’ve been on many Princess cruises, why haven’t you gone to any movies?

We can go to movies at home so have always found something else we'd rather be doing on the ship than going to a movie.

Also, we seldom if ever watch TV on ships. :D

When we've watched sporting events on ships, we always done so from a bar/lounge ... not MUTS.

Murder on the Orient Express will be shown on our upcoming cruise. We missed seeing it when it was playing at home so thinking we'd go to see it on the ship. :)

You can just ask them for a few bags of the popcorn before they add the salt. They'll fill the bags & keep them hot for you.

I don't think they realize just how much salt they put on.

oh, they realize exactly how much salt they use, for a reason - to sell drinks;p

I think it's more of the crew not being careful and not realizing what they're doing.

The food in the DR & Horizon is also over salted & I usually comment about it but nothing ever changes.

About popcorn, I'm surprised that I never see it served at any of the ship's bars! Only MUTS. Seems like a nice thing to do to encourage guests to linger with lager.

Never seen popcorn at any of the bars.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On our upcoming cruise there is one we'd like to se

I hope you don't mind if I go off topic a little bit. I've sailed RCI many times and this is my first Princess. Where did you find the movie listed for your cruise? I can't find ANY activities at all on my April 11-21 Caribbean Princess cruise. I'd like to plan in advance, but I see nothing. Thanks in advance for your responses.

The popcorn is awful - it's probably the worst popcorn I've ever had. (This was at MUTS on the Regal in Oct/Nov). The strange thing was, we saw all of these people eating popcorn but couldn't find where it was being handed out - then once we found it we wished that we hadn't.

But the movie, blankets, chairs, cookies, etc. were great.

Agreed, the popcorn was awful. Better to go into the Horizon court and fix a plate of fruit, or cheese and crackers or whatever, and take it back to the movie.

I hope you don't mind if I go off topic a little bit. I've sailed RCI many times and this is my first Princess. Where did you find the movie listed for your cruise? I can't find ANY activities at all on my April 11-21 Caribbean Princess cruise. I'd like to plan in advance, but I see nothing. Thanks in advance for your responses.

We got an email from Princess last week for our January 13th Caribbean Princess cruise with the "highlights" of the entertainment. It was "highlights" only ... not a full list.