Popcorn Question

OCruisers

I hope you don't mind if I go off topic a little bit. I've sailed RCI many times and this is my first Princess. Where did you find the movie listed for your cruise? I can't find ANY activities at all on my April 11-21 Caribbean Princess cruise. I'd like to plan in advance, but I see nothing. Thanks in advance for your responses.

If someone on an earlier cruise on your ship posts Patters from their cruise you can see what movies are being shown. They don’t change that frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Grand and their popcorn is awful... Popcorn is made in the Galley at about 6 pm and taken in a plastic tub to the Coffee & Cones, where the popcorn is bagged. No salt and 8 ozs ONLY and then the bag top is folded. The popcorn is not given out till 8 pm. So it's sitting, bagged and getting stale. By the time you get it, it chewy---yucky!!! I stop eating popcorn on the ship. If they did salt it, maybe viewers would buy more sodas? A year ago, Grand had a stand alone Popcorn Popper , next to where the bath towels were stored. You could get a fresh bag of popcorn and it was great. Oh well !

I vaguely recall seeing popcorn bags somewhere -- maybe the Ice Cream-Pizzeria? I did not see any being distributed.

I do NOT do MUTS, and I wish they would get rid of MUTS. Renders one entire pool unusable because of the blaring noise from the movies/sporting events/concerts. Stupid idea, in my NEVER humble opinion.

I do NOT do MUTS, and I wish they would get rid of MUTS. Renders one entire pool unusable because of the blaring noise from the movies/sporting events/concerts. Stupid idea, in my NEVER humble opinion.

Well, er, that's a little stronger than I would put it. It think MUTS is a great idea at night. But I agree that during the daytime it's just a hard-to-ignore racket that robs any chance of peacefulness from the pool area.

I think they should give it a rest until maybe 3-4 in the afternoon.

Jim

I vaguely recall seeing popcorn bags somewhere -- maybe the Ice Cream-Pizzeria? I did not see any being distributed.

It's the worst noise generating area on the ship. Almost impossible to understand a movie because of all the noise.

I think I've started watching 2 movies over the years & left in a short while.

It may have been a great idea before the introduction of large screen high def TV's at home but in recent years has lost it's luster.

I guess every ship is different regarding popcorn, MUTS, noise problems. Our last cruise on the Island the big screen was on during the day showing nothing but landscapes and destinations with NO sound and around 5pm a concert would come on with sound which led into the early showing of the nights movie, popcorn was stale. On the other hand the last time we cruised on the Regal they had the big screen on with sound showing the same landscapes and destinations, leading into a concert, then movie and the popcorn was fresh made right on the deck next to the ice cream shack and they gave out candy bars, cookies and of course ice cream.

Let's see ... Princess launched grand princess in 1998 with muts.

Subsequent ships have had it factory installed, and several ships have had it retro-fitted.

Keep posting, maybe after another 20 years, someone will hear you.

Let's see ... Princess launched grand princess in 1998 with muts.

Subsequent ships have had it factory installed, and several ships have had it retro-fitted.

Keep posting, maybe after another 20 years, someone will hear you.

They might. After all they are still people with 25 inch tube TV's around so anything on a big screen is a thrill. :rolleyes: