Le Bistro menu questions

weltek

We loved Le Bistro last time we cruised, taking your suggestions for the escargot and mushroom soup. Our duck and tenderloin entrees were also very good. Thinking of trying something new this time. Your thoughts on these menu items:

Apps: Mussels

Entrees: Bouillabaisse

The Dover Sole is also on my short list, as I know several of you recommend it. Scallops are on DH's shortlist.

Last 2 times ordered the mussels @LB, they came out looking ... skinny & malnourished, under-sized. Bouillabaisse used to be my favorite while dining there - it's fine if you aren't hungry, petite portion sized.

I would go with the lamb or steak option, DW still order her pork loin.

Last 2 times ordered the mussels @LB, they came out looking ... skinny & malnourished, under-sized. Bouillabaisse used to be my favorite while dining there - it's fine if you aren't hungry, petite portion sized.

I would go with the lamb or steak option, DW still order her pork loin.

Very helpful info. Hard pass on the mussels. Sounds like the bouillabaisse will be my backup plan if I'm not that hungry.

the last 2 times we have sailed I have had the mussels and they were outstanding; maybe it depends on the time or year or just the supply they get at any one time. : entree wise, lamb is one of our always favorites or maybe seafood. I do not,normally get pork or chicken. I love them both but can them at home or elsewhere on the ship anytime. If I am going to eat at a upscale dining room I want something that I don't often fix at home.

We loved Le Bistro last time we cruised, taking your suggestions for the escargot and mushroom soup. Our duck and tenderloin entrees were also very good. Thinking of trying something new this time. Your thoughts on these menu items:

Apps: Mussels

Entrees: Bouillabaisse

The Dover Sole is also on my short list, as I know several of you recommend it. Scallops are on DH's shortlist.

Depends on which menu they have. If it is the mussels in Pernot sauce, get them.

If it is the Mussels in wine/broth, avoid at all cost!

Lois

The mussels used to be the best app on the ship! Then they did something where they changed the sauce they were served in, and they became just plain ol' mussels in a musselly sauce that tasted of nothing. That previous sauce was so amazing I'd probably drink it if no one was around. LOL!

These mussels - done the old fashion way, in the old days - were excellent as LP noted above, nowadays - not so much

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkzcfmm1mymmhx0/SDC10542.JPG?dl=0

Same with the Bouillabaisse - a nice chunk of fish fillet then

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo2z1ivys9kbvz0/SDC10545.JPG?dl=0

These mussels - done the old fashion way, in the old days - were excellent as LP noted above, nowadays - not so much

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkzcfmm1mymmhx0/SDC10542.JPG?dl=0

That's it! That was the single most amazing broth ever, and they went and ruined it. I posted about the change when I returned from the Escape TA, which was when the new menus were introduced. Former popular poster Harriet and I used to talk on here about the negative change, may she R.I.P.

Escargot, French onion soup, lamb and beef tenderloin are our faves. Someone in our group had scallops a couple of weeks ago and they said they were unremarkable but they had also never had them before.

I have to throw a shout out for the seafood medley appetizer with the puff pastry. Oh my, just dreaming about it!!

c264bb053530e5c11116ec33e888b168.jpg. Still the same??? Will be back in on April!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk