Luggage Valet time change??

pbrady

We have used the luggage valet every time it was available. For the past 5 years we took a 7 night cruise out of Port Everglades, transfer to POM, then the 14 night on the Eclipse. We fly into & out of FLL because it is usually cheaper for us than MIA. When disembarking from POM & flying out of FLL, the flight had to be after 1:30pm. For the past 5 years we have booked the 1:55 flight just so we could use the luggage valet. I recently saw someone post a flier & it said that in this scenario the flight would have to be after 2:00pm. I looked on the Celebrity web-site to clarify since we are on the 1:55 flight (booked months ago) but could find nothing - anyone have the latest??

I think the form does say 2:00 for your ship arrival Miami/flight out of FLL combo. I would no sweat the 5 minute difference. Talk to Guest Relations -- explain the situation. I have read of people with a 10 minute difference who were able to take advantage of Luggage Valet.

I think the form does say 2:00 for your ship arrival Miami/flight out of FLL combo. I would no sweat the 5 minute difference. Talk to Guest Relations -- explain the situation. I have read of people with a 10 minute difference who were able to take advantage of Luggage Valet.

And just to note a different experience, they wouldn't let us use it with a flight 5 minutes prior to the cut off time. So, maybe it works for some but be prepared if it doesn't work for you.

I'm assuming it also depends on who you get at Guest Relations. We used the service last year and our flight was 10 minutes before the min time. When we asked, he said, sure no problem.

If it were me and I got a negative response, I'd wait until that person took a break, and ask another.

I so wish they did this for international flights. We just got off reflection with flights at 12.05 for us and 12.30 for friends. They used valet from fll port to airport and were at the gate by 8.33 having walked off with us at 8. By the time we cleared immigration and lined for bag drop for delta we got to the gate at 10.45.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I so wish they did this for international flights. We just got off reflection with flights at 12.05 for us and 12.30 for friends. They used valet from fll port to airport and were at the gate by 8.33 having walked off with us at 8. By the time we cleared immigration and lined for bag drop for delta we got to the gate at 10.45.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought someone mentioned it is now available with some international flights....and I also thought it was with Delta. Can someone chime in?? I don't believe I am just dreaming this up.

You very likely will have a problem if it was like our last cruise. There was a guest on our 14nt Eclipse cruise in November flying...I believe Jet Blue out of FLL on a 1:55pm flight. Guest Relations said that it should be fine, but sure enough a day before debarkation their luggage valet was denied. In the end it was the private contractor that handles the luggage valet that denied it, not Celebrity.

She is pretty active on here so she might chime in. I know she did post on my live blog her issue. Needless to say she was not pleased with it!

I have had better luck asking the concierge rather than GS. However, it is neither the GS personnel, nor the concierge, nor the private contractor, but the AIRLINE that makes the final decision as to whether on not you are approved. I'm with you about loving the convenience of Luggage Valet and campaigned heavily for its return. Good luck, and if you get a chance, please post your results to inquiring fellow cc members.

Does your flight have to be by a certain departure time? We are hoping to use this for the first time and our domestic flight leaves at 7:55pm. Thanks!

I think if you are disembarking at PE and flying from FLL your flight needs to be after noon and if flying from MIA your flight needs to be after 2:00 PM. If disembarking at POM and flying from MIA it's noon, and if flying from FLL it's 2:00 PM.

Besides only flights leaving 12:00 or 14:00, isn't there a cutoff time for the flight departure i.e. not after 18:00?

Yes but I think it's later than that. I've had later flights and used it. Someone pasted the form on one of these threads . Does anyone remember where?

• 3 weeks later...

We just used Luggage Valet yesterday. We were on the Equinox and we were out of the port of Miami and flew out of FLL. Our flight was 4:55P.M. and our plane was delayed until 6:35P.M.. When we arrived back home all of our bags were at the airport. It cost us 25:00 per person and our bags flew free as we were on Southwest. Each person can have up to 2 free bags and we had a total of 3. We would highly recommend this to anyone having any thoughts of doing this. Also going out of FLL because we did not have to check our bags we could go right out to the tarmac. Very nice to be able to do this:):):).